Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 08:31 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,227,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I like Spongebob

It's more of an adult cartoon. How Full House was also an adult sitcom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 08:47 PM

1,016 posts, read 4,541,283 times
I find Sid to be really annoying, but my 3-year-old loves it. LOL Miasmommy, now I have that "I'm looking for my friends" song in my head.

But hey, I guess this is payback. My favorite show as a young child was Mr. Rogers.

YouTube - Mister Rogers' Neighborhood

Old 04-10-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbd78 View Post
I find Sid to be really annoying, but my 3-year-old loves it. LOL Miasmommy, now I have that "I'm looking for my friends" song in my head.

But hey, I guess this is payback. My favorite show as a young child was Mr. Rogers.

YouTube - Mister Rogers' Neighborhood

I must be a total pms wreck because this video totally braught me to tears! Happy ones! Brings back such good memories of being home with my mom and just feeling "good."

Same with Reading Rainbow!

One show that to this day makes me get butterflies and feel a sense of dread is Jeopardy. Not so much the show but the last part. It always reminds me of being home sick and feeling horrible. I used to get REAL sick. I still can't watch/here it to this day

YouTube - Jeopardy! Think Music, 1960s 1984-1997

Old 06-03-2009, 07:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
I agree. I'm finding it hard to understand how someone could say/believe that it has NO educational value. It's extremely educational and quite interesting, even for me and I'm a big kid
Unfair. the original poster didn't say Sid had no educational value. She did say it was AWFUL. This thread's a pretty good example why arguments go nowhere. Can you imagine what a verbal discussion would be like, where it's easier to make things up as you go along thinking up ways to push your position instead of addressing what was actually said?

Her critique's spot on. But the kids do learn something. Good concept show. Bad execution.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:46 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,860,497 times
I hate Sid, and those stupid songs and animation. My kids don't really care for it either, I miss Berenstain Bears, they replaced it with Martha Speaks, which I also strongly dislike. So we went back to Noggin and are watching Blues Clues and Franklin, which I love. I really want Berenstain Bears back on PBS

Old 06-03-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leachdog View Post
Unfair. the original poster didn't say Sid had no educational value. She did say it was AWFUL. This thread's a pretty good example why arguments go nowhere. Can you imagine what a verbal discussion would be like, where it's easier to make things up as you go along thinking up ways to push your position instead of addressing what was actually said?

Her critique's spot on. But the kids do learn something. Good concept show. Bad execution.

Roads don't always go on straight lines you know.

Post #15.

No one is agruing. It's a discussion. Many of these threads go nowhere because posters like you call them arguments.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:49 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,509,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
I hate Sid, and those stupid songs and animation. My kids don't really care for it either, I miss Berenstain Bears, they replaced it with Martha Speaks, which I also strongly dislike. So we went back to Noggin and are watching Blues Clues and Franklin, which I love. I really want Berenstain Bears back on PBS
Sid replaced Caillou on our PBS station No win situation there.

My 3yr old found Veggie Tales DVDs at the library & those are the hit in our home right home. I haven't gotten "If you like to talk to tomatoes" out of my mind for the past few days as it has been nonstop raining...

Sid does have educational value as it "teaches" incredibly basic science concepts & the premise of the show is science & math just as Curious George. It's just horribly annoying with awful animation.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:17 PM

199 posts, read 652,846 times
"I want to know everything now oh yeah "

My 2 year old son LOVES this show.... he could do a lot worse. It's pretty educational actually. I tune it out esp teacher Susie

Old 10-12-2009, 09:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,266 times
having a problem with the rhythm are we? lol sid the science kid is a very educating show and the quickest thing to get childrens attention is by music thats why we turn everything into a song when you want your child to remember something like the alphabet song for instance i love that my daughter loves a show that entertains as well as educates. i give it a thumbs up

Old 10-12-2009, 10:59 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,068,225 times
When my girls were little... 10 years ago they had Barney on "Barney" and Steve and Joe on Blue's Clues who just gave me the creeps. My mom bought them a little Blue's Clues thing that had the song on it and Steve's voice. eeeeeewwwwwwww THAT thing I hid. I was thrilled when they outgrew bpth shows.

Last edited by okpondlady; 10-12-2009 at 11:07 PM.. Reason: Couldn't remember the name of "Blue's Clues" show. BLECK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting