Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 01:32 PM

15,370 posts, read 38,979,635 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't have to worry bout being charged cause they wouldn't have found the body yet.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:43 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,755,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn02674 View Post
The girl INVITED the boy into the house. I seriously doubt the dad ever thought his child was in danger, he was just pissed as hell and that is not a good enough reason for violence.

She invited him, but how was the father to know that? It sounds to me as though the father heard a male's voice, in the throes of gratification, coming from his daughter's room. I think we need more info before we make any conclusions about what the father's mindset was.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:50 PM

12,998 posts, read 13,577,220 times
Even with the fine, I think the father came out ahead. Raising a grandchild costs much more $10,000. Somehow, I just can't see this boy stopping by for nookie on the sly anymore (or any other boy once word gets out what happens to naked boys in this house).

Old 09-13-2008, 02:29 PM

431 posts, read 1,637,693 times
My Dh would have done the same thing. plus on the dads defence it really didn't sound like he knew. it sounds like he just walked in on a naked punk on his daughters bed and didn't know if it was rape or not. AMEN to that dad maybe that little sh$t and his friends will think twice before they try to sneak in for nookie.

Old 09-13-2008, 03:37 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,426,171 times
The Dad is a criminal as well as a boor and a goon, and probably should've been charged with attempted murder. The worst thing the kid could be accused of is trespassing. I'd love to be the judge to send him up the river.

Last edited by jeannie216; 09-15-2008 at 02:15 PM..

Old 09-13-2008, 03:41 PM

1,105 posts, read 4,558,033 times
No it sounds like he got pissed at the boy because he was doing his daughter. I don't normally jump to conclusions but come on, I would bet money that the thought of rape never crossed his mind. I am sure he will SAY that now though.

My dad once walked into my sisters room, when she sneaked her boyfriend in, and cocked a shotgun while he was hiding in the closet. Not saying that was right either but my dad had no intention of hurting the guy, just wanted to scare him.

You can't just react like that when someone is not in danger.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:03 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,516,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
The Dad is a criminal as well as a boor and a goon, and probably should've been charged with attempted murder. The worst thing the kid could be accused of is trespassing. I'd love to be the judge to send that bastard up the river.
You obviously don't have daughters. First of all, no kid would have been sneaking into my house for a minute, much less a year. Second....for that boy there'd have been a lot of slow singing and flower bringing...........

Old 09-13-2008, 11:42 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,056,061 times
Default Attempted Murder??

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Even with the fine, I think the father came out ahead. Raising a grandchild costs much more $10,000. Somehow, I just can't see this boy stopping by for nookie on the sly anymore (or any other boy once word gets out what happens to naked boys in this house).

I can assure you $10,000 is cheap. The BIRTH would cost more than that and then there is dealing with the little tramp daughter. But. Where were her parents during this year? Didn't they realize she was missing school..or were they doing this before/after school? The only thing I can say is someone wasn't paying attention in the first place.

The boys in both my daughters classes think I am crazy and my husband just scares the crap out of all of them. I like it that way. I don't think either one of my daughters could lure a boy over to my house on a bet. Especially since they know I am home all the time. Besides that, they KNOW I would at least clock them one. I might be a short, old, fat, white woman but I can dang sure throw a right hook and once they are down I can sit on their big behinds (ask my daughter how this works out) till they would be HAPPY to vacate. I better not catch ANY boy in my daughter's bedroom, consentual or not. I might be a boor, abusive, and a million other names. I DON'T CARE. I even have a defense. I am bi-polar. Just try me.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:01 AM

11,008 posts, read 17,383,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
The Dad is a criminal as well as a boor and a goon, and probably should've been charged with attempted murder. The worst thing the kid could be accused of is trespassing. I'd love to be the judge to send that bastard up the river.
I guess if you walked in on that situation you'd say, "Here. You forgot your clothes!" and let him walk out the door?

Old 09-14-2008, 12:25 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,350,874 times
There is absolutely no way in hell you can convince me that the dad walked in and the girl said nothing and he got him with a pipe. The story is leaving parts out I think. If it was her bf, you cannot tell me she didnt tell the dad to leave him alone or dont do it or something along that line. If she was being raped the scenario would have been different, she probably wouldnt have been smiling when the dad walked in

While I would probably do the same thing as the dad anyway out of anger I would have to accept that the problem there was my daughter, who invited the lad in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.