Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 10:31 AM

13,783 posts, read 26,205,665 times

Advertisements

This is what I call it, but apparently there is a strain of lice that is resistent to the normal treatments...have any of you heard of this?? My kids do not have it but a girl at my daughters school can't get rid of the darns little things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 01:10 PM

911 posts, read 2,146,710 times
sry if my kids got treatment resistant lice, they'd be shaved. girl or no. LOL

Old 09-17-2008, 01:17 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,451,549 times
i was about to say. just shave her head--or get it cut VERY short. i have been hearing so much about lice lately i am starting to panic!

Old 09-17-2008, 01:28 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,486,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
This is what I call it, but apparently there is a strain of lice that is resistent to the normal treatments...have any of you heard of this?? My kids do not have it but a girl at my daughters school can't get rid of the darns little things.
I have been seeing articles on it starting to pop up b/c it is the beginning of the school year.

By nature, I am clean freak. The sight of a crumb on the floor gets me very anxious. I could only imagine if my son came home with lice.

In my years of teaching, every year there was an outbreak in some grade; usually this time.

I believe the lastest info is stating that it is becoming immune to OTC treatments & thus becoming stronger & harder to control.

The other day we were at the library in the play area & a little boy took my son's hat & put it on. No biggie. Then my son went to get it & put it back on his head...I probably flew in the air & didn't realize it....I tried to appear polite in front of the mother nor make my son or the boy think they did something bad, but I panicked a little. Took it home & threw it in the washer.

Just gives me the willies thinking about it.

My heart goes out to parents who go through it!!!

Old 09-17-2008, 01:31 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,006,428 times
OMG, I hate, hate, hate lice. I got it when I was a kid when a girl came and slept over and it was terrible. It's awful for the kids and it's so hard to get rid of. If my kids get it, I'll probably have a panic attack. I itch just thinking about it, ugh. And it's not just about getting rid of it in the hair, you gotta deep clean everything, wash everything including stuffed animals and pillows and treat your car. Ugh. I'll be a mad woman cleaning if it ever enters my house.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:37 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,903,080 times
Just think about when you go to the movie theater, and sit in the high backed seats. You're putting your head where thousands of other people have put their heads.

Am I evil for mentioning this? Yes.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:44 PM

746 posts, read 2,170,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Just think about when you go to the movie theater, and sit in the high backed seats. You're putting your head where thousands of other people have put their heads.

Now you did it, I will have a hard time relaxing at a movie ever again!
LOL

Old 09-17-2008, 01:48 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,903,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekduo View Post
Now you did it, I will have a hard time relaxing at a movie ever again!
LOL
Planes, trains, theaters, restaurants, churches...they could all be crawling with lice!

Old 09-17-2008, 01:51 PM

911 posts, read 2,146,710 times
sounds like a horror flick "attack of the mutant, treatment resistant lice"

Old 09-17-2008, 02:10 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,006,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post

I heart Netflix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting