Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 07:43 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,423,254 times

Advertisements

Love Jenica. I have a niece by marriage named Jenica though so that may be why
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 03:08 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,615,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrashoes View Post
Help us pick a name. For a girl which names do you like the best? If you could pick one from our little list and then add a name you like yourself. Hoping for some ideas. Thanks a ton guys!

Landry Kate W.
Londyn Claire W.
Sienna Claire W.
Jenica Kate W.
I always liked the name "Andromeda"...sounds so mysterious

Old 10-22-2008, 01:34 PM

109 posts, read 757,248 times
Londyn Claire is my pick out of the bunch, but I don't like the spelling at all. This will be tough on her. What's wrong with London? I really like the name Ava.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:52 PM

15 posts, read 36,475 times
Has anyone thought about what any of these names mean? I named all my children names that had special meaning to my family historically and because of what the names themselves meant. As to not using different spellings because someone is going to to mispell it: they will do it no matter how you spell it. My name is Sharon; My husband's name is David. At last count, i've had 14 different written spellings on post-marked items, my husband has had 9. Are there that many typos? Go figure. Eula is from the Greek. It means good girl or good woman. I think it is beautiful. One of my favorite aunts was Eula Mae. She was a lovely, kind, generous hard-working, deep loving woman. She has been gone over 20 years. I still miss her. Stephen is aflso from the greek. It means laurel crown, the circlet of laurel or bay leaves placed upon the heads of winners of athletic events. It is a frequently occurring name in my family. There are several websites with meanings of names. some are based upon genuine etymology, some are based on popularity & change meanings. For instance, Cameron is Scottish, masculine, & means broken nose. It is currently a popular name for girls, and has been given a variety of meanings by some of the baby name sites. What do parents do when a child finds out his/her name means something "funny"? I told my dhildren from the time they were born what their names meant & who had it before them & why they were given the name.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:52 PM

107 posts, read 398,230 times
I like Kennedy Rose, Elsie Mae, Tiana Rae, Tarah Nicole, Rosalind Marie, Addison, and Emerson.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:13 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,888,140 times
Nothing to contribute as far as names...just think of how it would sound when she's grown up and is an a very strong profession, like a lawyer, or becomes a CEO. Cute names are cute when they are kids...I know many adults who were named cute names and hated them as a grown up. I personally tend toward royalty names...Caroline, Catherine, Anna, Elizabeth, Victoria, Charles, Nicholas, Frederick, etc.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:55 PM

9 posts, read 7,865 times
Adelaide or Adeline and call her Addie. Although someone suggested Indigo and Lyric; those are nice.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:36 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,370,990 times
Olivia Camille W.
Alexa Celeste W.
Alexia Celeste W.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting