Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 06:54 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,607,255 times

Advertisements

I am really surprised at the number of people here who are defending parents who bring screaming or crying children into movie theaters. The argument I thought would stand up the loudest has yet to be spoken, so let me bring it up...

People with hearing aids suffer the worst from a crying or screaming child in a movie theater. They are having their eardrums blown out with every sound that is louder than the general volume. They cannot focus on anything other than the extreme discomfort they are put into because of one oblivious parent with a child. The rule should be ONE. ONE outburst and the child is taken out of the theater and the mother suffers the same consequence. No movies for the naughty. Heaven help the people with hearing aids. The people with babies either don't know or don't care what kind of suffering they have to endure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 08:26 AM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Oh, I remember this thread.

It's no so much people defending parents who bring screaming kids as the fact that there's a troll in here. He's the one with about 1/2 of the posts in here. (Well only 17 to be exact) I've seen him elsewhere. That's what a troll does, plain and simple. Look at how he gets a kick out of causing reactions out of others.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:00 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsand2boys View Post
I disagree with 95% of what TKramer says, however, this is his quote from the other thread:

"If you have them, kids come first. Even if that means giving them to someone else to raise. You need to consider what's best for THEM.

If you're in a relationship, and you want your mate to come first, then don't have kids. My brother's 48, and he and his wife have none, so they can devote their time and attention to each other."

I think his brother in law has his kids and not this brother. Two different people. He also says that having kids means you do what is best for them. Even if it means living with other people. I think what he said was the truth in his case.
You are correct, they are two different people. Brother--brother in law--just a little bit of difference, but not a problem for people who can focus...

thank you for paying attention.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:05 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,482,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
You are correct, they are two different people. Brother--brother in law--just a little bit of difference, but not a problem for people who can focus...

thank you for paying attention.
Oh excuse me. so sorry. Hard to focus when because I just got back from a movie where people were conversing through the movie.

Still....cant believe you would let someone raise your kids...brother, brother en law whatever. But then again you have not rules.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsand2boys View Post
I disagree with 95% of what TKramer says, however, this is his quote from the other thread:

"If you have them, kids come first. Even if that means giving them to someone else to raise. You need to consider what's best for THEM.

If you're in a relationship, and you want your mate to come first, then don't have kids. My brother's 48, and he and his wife have none, so they can devote their time and attention to each other."

I think his brother in law has his kids and not this brother. Two different people. He also says that having kids means you do what is best for them. Even if it means living with other people. I think what he said was the truth in his case.
Ok my bad and my mistake so sorry. I would never give up my kids...no matter what. I dont think you would either as much as you talk about your children and care about them. But after reading all his posts he is not fit to be a parent maybe his BROTHER is.

Old 10-04-2008, 06:17 PM

81 posts, read 257,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post

If a movie doesn't inspire you to speak, it must be boring.
What does this have ANYTHING to do with the OP???????????????

Old 10-04-2008, 06:19 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraS View Post
That you should be able to focus on those things that are important to you, and tune out others.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraS View Post
Don't get him started. It has nothing to do with the subject at hand, but I guess we are all suppose to focus and let people converse in the movie theaters, because if we can't we can't focus or some stupid reasoning. I am just glad that where I live, no one has this silly idea and for the most part people dont bring crying babies to the movie.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:24 PM

1 posts, read 853 times
Default Other considerations! And why parents "ssshhh" babies.

I don't think you should make blanket statements like it's never ok to bring a baby to a movie theater. We've done it at times with great success with a small baby, because we know our baby and know if they would do ok in a theater - i.e. likely to sleep the whole time, and if not will quietly nurse or take a nuk, is not a noisy baby, etc... I have a 3 1/2 month old and don't feel I should leave him with anyone else right now as he is nursing and probably won't take a bottle so it's not a question of "finding a sitter." Most parents have good judgment and will take their baby out if they start crying. I agree shouldn't take an older baby or toddler that's active but when they are still so little lots of babies would do just fine in a movie. And as far as the "Sssshhhh" thing, it's not like they're trying to tell their baby to be quiet. Babies have 4 built in ways they can be comforted, which are sucking (nursing, bottle or nuk), holding on side, swinging/rocking, and calming noises that reminds them of the sounds they heard in the womb and the "sssshhhh" sound is that calming noise kind of like white noise that is one thing that helps calm/comfort a baby.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:25 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,704,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCaldwell16 View Post
I don't think you should make blanket statements like it's never ok to bring a baby to a movie theater. We've done it at times with great success with a small baby, because we know our baby and know if they would do ok in a theater - i.e. likely to sleep the whole time, and if not will quietly nurse or take a nuk, is not a noisy baby, etc... I have a 3 1/2 month old and don't feel I should leave him with anyone else right now as he is nursing and probably won't take a bottle so it's not a question of "finding a sitter." Most parents have good judgment and will take their baby out if they start crying. I agree shouldn't take an older baby or toddler that's active but when they are still so little lots of babies would do just fine in a movie. And as far as the "Sssshhhh" thing, it's not like they're trying to tell their baby to be quiet. Babies have 4 built in ways they can be comforted, which are sucking (nursing, bottle or nuk), holding on side, swinging/rocking, and calming noises that reminds them of the sounds they heard in the womb and the "sssshhhh" sound is that calming noise kind of like white noise that is one thing that helps calm/comfort a baby.

This thread is 6 years old....honestly....don't we have current events to talk about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting