U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 09:11 PM

39 posts, read 97,039 times

Advertisements

I think you misunderstood. I was referring to the poster above TKramar not you. Sorry if you thought I was trying to take a stab at you. I honestly hadnt even read your post. But regardless the movies is not the only place to go when you havent left the house for months and need to get out. There are plenty of other options, like a place a little more noisy were if your child cries it wont dirupt others. And your right sometimes movies are just as loud and disruptive as a baby, and that sucks just as much. But you did say that the people singing songs in the movie were rude and annoying, so why would you want to do the same thing that you just said you didnt like, by bringing in a baby that will probably cry. Usually when someone does something you dont like you dont turn around and do it to other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 09:18 PM

650 posts, read 1,429,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipglossjunkie View Post
I think you misunderstood. I was referring to the poster above TKramar not you. Sorry if you thought I was trying to take a stab at you. I honestly hadnt even read your post. But regardless the movies is not the only place to go when you havent left the house for months and need to get out. There are plenty of other options, like a place a little more noisy were if your child cries it wont dirupt others. And your right sometimes movies are just as loud and disruptive as a baby, and that sucks just as much. But you did say that the people singing songs in the movie were rude and annoying, so why would you want to do the same thing that you just said you didnt like, by bringing in a baby that will probably cry. Usually when someone does something you dont like you dont turn around and do it to other people.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I did say that I was "guilty" of taking my baby to the movies. It is not a habit, more of an exception. I didn;t do it on a regular basis and I certainly can't do it anymore-- he is just too big. I do think that a nursing baby who is going to spend the entire movie quietly nuzzled under his mom's shirt is different than an disruptive 1+ year old.

We usually just stick to kid's movies and the mommy and me shows now.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:18 PM

193 posts, read 529,187 times
Quote:
But you did say that the people singing songs in the movie were rude and annoying, so why would you want to do the same thing that you just said you didnt like, by bringing in a baby that will probably cry. Usually when someone does something you dont like you dont turn around and do it to other people.
Agree with you 100%. There are a millon other places to go, other than the movies. And why do something to other people, that you dont like done to you.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:26 PM

39 posts, read 97,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsand2boys View Post
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I did say that I was "guilty" of taking my baby to the movies. It is not a habit, more of an exception. I didn;t do it on a regular basis and I certainly can't do it anymore-- he is just too big. I do think that a nursing baby who is going to spend the entire movie quietly nuzzled under his mom's shirt is different than an disruptive 1+ year old.

We usually just stick to kid's movies and the mommy and me shows now.
But I do sympathize with you in the aspect that a dark movie is more ideal for nursing. I am just praying my baby wont be the type to not take a bottle, that way if i did need time away, I could just pump and not feel bad for leaving without baby. Again sorry if I offended you in any way. Sometimes when typing on these forums I forget to emphasize who I am directing my comment at.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:39 PM

650 posts, read 1,429,332 times
Quote:
But I do sympathize with you in the aspect that a dark movie is more ideal for nursing. I am just praying my baby wont be the type to not take a bottle, that way if i did need time away, I could just pump and not feel bad for leaving without baby. Again sorry if I offended you in any way. Sometimes when typing on these forums I forget to emphasize who I am directing my comment at.
No worries. Glad we sorted it all out.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:54 PM

3,842 posts, read 6,852,205 times
How do you all stay awake in the movie theatre?

If I took either of my sons with me when I was nursing & was taking them b/c they couldn't be alone for a few hours due to feedings,that means they would have been quite young & I'd be running on 3-4 hrs of sleep at the most.

The dark + sleeping/nursing baby = sleeping mommy

Personally, just don't see it as an appropriate place for an infant, but I've seen moms who do it & the only way I even knew they brought their infant in with them is when we would be leaving & I see them.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:07 AM

1,933 posts, read 5,686,020 times
I don't care if people bring their babies and children to movies- if I don't hear them

Yes, rude adults get on my nerves....but hey, is it something they learned at home when they were being brought to movies as kids

I guess I lied above- I do care if people bring children to movies, that aren't appropriate. I can't count on 2 hands the amount of rated R movies that I have went to...where there were children under 10 there.....and I had to watch a sex scene, feeling embarrassed just because this little 6 year old was too!!! Or hearing "f---", "motherffffer" and all of these glorious cuss words in this R movie...and knowing they were hearing it too! What kind of parenting is that!

I really think that the rules should change and rated R movies shouldn't be 17 and older UNLESS with a parent- it should just be 17 and older...with an ID!

Old 09-27-2008, 07:19 AM

24,638 posts, read 14,906,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
If you can't concentrate on the movie, perhaps you're the one with the problem?

Focus.
I disagree.
If your kid is disrupting the other movie goers, it is your responsibility to solve the problem that you brought into the movie theater. Were it not for your (and child's) actions or behavior, the problem wouldn't exist.
Are you willing to personally refund the ticket price to the patrons who are not disturbing others?
I would complain to the manager if the behavior persisted.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:51 AM

7,894 posts, read 8,377,273 times
Quote:

Focus.
Well, somebody hasn't read the papers on the differences of tasking and multitasking in the male and female brain.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:34 AM

698 posts, read 1,317,336 times
Quote:

Focus.
Spoken like a truely selfish person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting