Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 09:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,276 times

Advertisements

I have a question. My husband and I are going throught the same thing...Mom bad mouths my husband, tells the kids he doesn't love them and he left them. She also tells that he cheated on her with me (total lie) and has involved her church in the drama. She has her church convinced that my husband left her without anything, no money, no home etc. and that I am a homewrecker. The kids come every other weekend and when they go home they lie to their mother about the weekends events. Everything down to me not letting them use the phone to call her, me taking the toys that belong to them, me yelling at them, not letting them eat anything except PB& J and not cooking at all. None of this is true. Yet, when they are here, they dress like me, tell me how much they love me, want me to do their makeup and hair....I can't help but feel betrayed. They are 11 and 5. Any suggestions???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 10:20 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyadams78 View Post
I have a question. My husband and I are going throught the same thing...Mom bad mouths my husband, tells the kids he doesn't love them and he left them. She also tells that he cheated on her with me (total lie) and has involved her church in the drama. She has her church convinced that my husband left her without anything, no money, no home etc. and that I am a homewrecker. The kids come every other weekend and when they go home they lie to their mother about the weekends events. Everything down to me not letting them use the phone to call her, me taking the toys that belong to them, me yelling at them, not letting them eat anything except PB& J and not cooking at all. None of this is true. Yet, when they are here, they dress like me, tell me how much they love me, want me to do their makeup and hair....I can't help but feel betrayed. They are 11 and 5. Any suggestions???
Hi stacyadams, Being this thread was started over 2 yrs ago, maybe it would be better that you start a new thread w/ your post.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:33 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the new wife View Post
this is pretty complicated, but I could use some wise words other than "give the kids space, they'll come around some-day". It's gotten to the point where his 2 girls, age 12 & 16 won't even see him on his designated weekends. Now they're finding reasons not to see him on the holidays. We don't know how to react. Their mother refuses to let go her hatred of him for divorcing him over 6 years ago.
I'm so frustrated....I don't know what to do but want to do something!

Ok what Im getting is your husbands children from a previous marriage..The kids dont want to see him..the ex-wife is mad because he divorced her 6 years ago..
I say keep out..the kids are old enough to decide by themselves
Just never put down their mom..not to the kids or him
Their kids is between them..

Old 12-14-2010, 11:57 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,905 times
They are telling her stuff like you won't let them use the phone because she is making them feel like if they have fun at your house, they are somehow betraying HER. She has them all screwed up. Please try to remember they are kids who are torn between two families and they don't want to choose sides. They probably have a great time with you but cant let her know that.

That is why they are telling her they are miserable there. They are trying to make her feel better.

Don't take it personally. It's not about you, It's about THEM.

They should be in counseling to help them through their feelings at this time. Otherwise it can negatively affect them forever.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:01 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,863,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyadams78 View Post

Why don't you have your husband sue for joint custody, because that custody agreement seems very unfair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting