Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2009, 08:37 PM

650 posts, read 2,178,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
Do some people home school solely because they don't want to vaccinate? Just curious.
I do homeschool but it has nothing to do with my kid's vaccine status. That is another whole can of worms unto itself...

Old 01-14-2009, 08:42 PM

650 posts, read 2,178,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
I have been a patient advocate as well in the past and it doesn't make me a pathologist. researcher, or doctor anymore than it makes you one. It makes me someone who is trying to champion their cause. In this case, they believe that vaccines caused their kids autism. Eventually studies will shed some light on if this is the case or not, but until then it is just speculation.

Currently there are no studies saying there is ANY connection to vaccines. I am eagerly waiting the results so we can all finally put to rest this speculation, but at the moment that is all it is. Speculation.

Just because someone does not agree with your speculative findings does not make them wrong, it means you differ on your points of view. Why are grown women acting like children because their still is no proof that autism is only from vaccines. Or that it is even part of why kids get autism. Why can't you accept that until a newer study comes out with updated and newer information?
Taboo, I don't totally disagree with you. But just because certain people disagree with me doesn't make me wrong either. I don't choose to withhold vaccines because I am concerned about autism. I am comfortable with my choices and just get tired of constantly having to defend them.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:41 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,227,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsand2boys View Post
Taboo, I don't totally disagree with you. But just because certain people disagree with me doesn't make me wrong either. I don't choose to withhold vaccines because I am concerned about autism. I am comfortable with my choices and just get tired of constantly having to defend them.
I think a part (didn't say a large amount ) of that 90% are uneducated people or immigrants who trust without taking the time to look into it themselves. Plus to alot of people it's like "it's free so why not?"

I really don't think it is 90% by the way.

Alot of people I know personally and work with for instance do not get the flu vaccine. Many people in my own daughter's Dr's office don't vaccinate against CERTAIN disease.

I see alot of the pro vax crowd always throwing the same tired links out and never any infor from medical journals and definitely NEVER any books. Most of you out there who are pro-vax take one doctor's word for it.

Did you know by the way that most parents who are AGAINST vaccines whether it be all or some are more educated than those who are pro?????? What does that have to say??

If all vaccines are so important why aren't ALL of them required??? I know in my state that only SIX are required for school. It's like that in most states. Funny thing is they don't tell you that. They just come in the office and say "sign here" and NEVER tell you which are and aren't!

Check out this link and plug your state in. You will be suprised when you compare how many vaccines your child may have gotten when only a fraction were required! Wouldn't you have liked to have know so maybe you could have asked WHY some aren't required? Is the disease not that serious? Was/is the disease not that prevelent in your area? Is your child NOT high risk????

NNii. Vaccine Information

Old 01-17-2009, 07:59 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,616,494 times
okay, lets see if this thread can go in a positive direction now and please lets all try and play nice, okay?

Old 01-17-2009, 08:01 AM

274 posts, read 197,296 times
well my son was born on thursday and we chose not to get the hep b shot they give at the hospital but i wanted to ask do any of the parents here have a list of shots they chose to give there kids while leaving others off? Are there some that are to dangerous that you did not give them the shots and were there some that were ok with you and they got them? If so which ones>?

Old 01-17-2009, 08:03 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,616,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euromutt View Post
well my son was born on thursday and we chose not to get the hep b shot they give at the hospital but i wanted to ask do any of the parents here have a list of shots they chose to give there kids while leaving others off? Are there some that are to dangerous that you did not give them the shots and were there some that were ok with you and they got them? If so which ones>?
A big congrats to you on your new baby!

Old 01-17-2009, 10:16 AM

733 posts, read 1,927,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euromutt View Post
Personally if I could go back and do it all over again, I would give them their shots individually, I wouldn't let them have them at birth, and I would make sure there were no preservatives in them.

As for not giving them shots all together, my doctor actually restricted certain shots from being given to my kids. One was part of the DPT shot, because it can cause problems in a child who has seizures.

Bottom line is, go with your gut.......

Old 01-17-2009, 10:53 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
I think a part (didn't say a large amount ) of that 90% are uneducated people or immigrants who trust without taking the time to look into it themselves. Plus to alot of people it's like "it's free so why not?"

I really don't think it is 90% by the way.

Alot of people I know personally and work with for instance do not get the flu vaccine. Many people in my own daughter's Dr's office don't vaccinate against CERTAIN disease.

I see alot of the pro vax crowd always throwing the same tired links out and never any infor from medical journals and definitely NEVER any books. Most of you out there who are pro-vax take one doctor's word for it.

Did you know by the way that most parents who are AGAINST vaccines whether it be all or some are more educated than those who are pro?????? What does that have to say??

If all vaccines are so important why aren't ALL of them required??? I know in my state that only SIX are required for school. It's like that in most states. Funny thing is they don't tell you that. They just come in the office and say "sign here" and NEVER tell you which are and aren't!

Check out this link and plug your state in. You will be suprised when you compare how many vaccines your child may have gotten when only a fraction were required! Wouldn't you have liked to have know so maybe you could have asked WHY some aren't required? Is the disease not that serious? Was/is the disease not that prevelent in your area? Is your child NOT high risk????

NNii. Vaccine Information

Lots of "many" and "mosts" with absolutely nothing to back it up....typical

Feel free to prove anything you just stated in regards to how "uneducated" those that vaccinate are and how "educated" those that don't vaccinate claim to be.....typical Anti-Vax propaganda.

By the way you have it backwards regarding data and links, I NEVER see any of the Anti-Vax crowd providing scientific data to back up their claims, just the same old tired alternative health sites.

Withholding vaccination puts everyone at risk - The Boston Globe

Risk vs Benefit of Vaccinations

The problem with Dr Bob's alternative vaccine sche...[Pediatrics. 2009] - PubMed Result

Old 01-17-2009, 11:32 AM

1,636 posts, read 4,227,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Lots of "many" and "mosts" with absolutely nothing to back it up....typical

Feel free to prove anything you just stated in regards to how "uneducated" those that vaccinate are and how "educated" those that don't vaccinate claim to be.....typical Anti-Vax propaganda.

By the way you have it backwards regarding data and links, I NEVER see any of the Anti-Vax crowd providing scientific data to back up their claims, just the same old tired alternative health sites.

Withholding vaccination puts everyone at risk - The Boston Globe

Risk vs Benefit of Vaccinations

The problem with Dr Bob's alternative vaccine sche...[Pediatrics. 2009] - PubMed Result

Yea. Ok. Uum, does anyone have an answer? If all these vaccines are SO important and withholding them puts everyone at risk WHY AREN'T THEY ALL REQUIRED?????????????????

Old 01-17-2009, 11:49 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,979,824 times
In my state, it says that the vaccines are required "unless there is a shortage of one or more of the vaccines." Um.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting