U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 10:37 AM

1,122 posts, read 1,309,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali_E View Post
What a matter you're discussing about 'son peeing standing'. Is it really a problem for you? So let me tell you some thing then, not bad if you know that in my culture male people avoid peeing while standing! In my country it's so, as my religion has recommended not to pee while standing, and to do it while sitting or squatting. I know there, they teach the kid when he can stand up, how to pee while standing, but it's not so here. However, I am male and quite healthy, but I don't pee while standing. You should consider that there are many different ways around the world.
Why stand to pee? Why aim? Aiming is for the time when you are distant to your target and can't be close to it, but when you can be close to it, and if you are sane, you prefer being close to your target than aiming to the target, so sit down and be relaxed. One of the names of the place you are doing that in, is rest room! Human body needs resting once in a while and it is better to rest the times we don't do any special task that needs a focus of mind and energy. Peeing is not a job necessarily needs mind and energy, but still we can do it with using mind and energy (aiming and standing). I said when a work can be done without mind and energy too, it is better we save our mind power and energy for those really need them, and rest instead. (Not with one time of peeing, but with many times of peeing it will be something noticeable). And why you waste your time and energy in cleaning bathrooms? You can save it for more useful affairs by reducing the need of bathroom to be cleaned! Urine is sterile when it comes out of a healthy body, but as soon as it enters the outside milieu, the infections will start to appear in it as the time goes, since it is a good circumference for growing septic. And not only if the pee leaks other places it makes dirty, even if the pee is directed into the right place, when standing, its hitting the surface (of toilet water or inside the toilet) with more power and speed (because of the height) causes tiny drops spray in the area and sprinkles the places around, like the bathroom ground, and the clothes and shoes of the one is peeing, and also a lot of microscopic particles of pee will be diffused in the air, that can make pollution and dirty many things. Also when standing, because of the height, the pee flow meets much more air until it meets the surface, and therefore, its vapour will be made in the air (that's the pee smell) and it will be published in the air then. Of course one time of peeing standing can't make this kind of pollution, but with many times of peeing standing, the pollution of the place, air and the toilet seat will become noticeable, and then as a result it demands more times of cleaning which also wastes time and energy.
As for those who say "peeing while standing is much easier than doing it while sitting or squatting", I should say that bending over and pulling down pants, and keeping a part of panties down for a while and aim for a while both need an attempt; and the fact that which one is easier for a person depends on habit. The way in which one's habit is based on, is easier for that one, and to which you habit, it will be easier for you! And as for those who think "peeing while standing is of a few pleasures of a man!", I should say that a man is more valuable than way of peeing places as his pleasure and property! It does not fit a man to consider that as his worth! Men have more valuable special abilities to be mentioned! To my own, peeing while standing is a nasty action, also it does not feet a man's character, that's like you imagine a respectable man standing up still somewhere, his penis is hanging out and his pee line is in front of him, and then shaking the dong at the same position, it doesn't have a nice view. Specially, when a lot of urinals are in a public place in men's washroom, and a row of men have that view together, it's also nasty. I think in men's room, urinals should be in partitions having doors, like the toilets. So I meant its action is nasty. And a nasty action doesn't feet human's character, not only men's. Who made the rule that males MUST stand up while urinating? And don't link it to the nature, potentially many things are natural as an ability; one can bring out a gun, aim and kill, but he has choosing power, although he has the ability, but he may not do it if he is sane; one can just bring it out, aim and pee, but does it mean he can not do it in other ways? Being able to do some thing, doesn't allow doing it anytime and anywhere! You can easily imagine what happens if you use some of your abilities in wrong times or places! So when one can do some thing, s/he rationally has to do it the right time and right place. Now the question is "what's the right use of peeing standing up?" As God has made the ability of peeing while standing easily in guys, it must have an advantage, and yes it has. In men's jobs some times urgent situations happen, and some times they have to do some thing in a short time when the speed is important, and some times men have situations that they can't sit or squat or are in places where sitting or squatting is not easily possible; in such times they can use their ability of peeing while standing easily. But these urgent times just some times happen, not always! Peeing standing is an ability for both men and women of which the right use is in emergency conditions where sitting is impossible or harmful. So both men and women should do stand and pee when it's really needed, and when not needed it is better they sit. So I think there should be a project for men to stop, or to say better, manage peeing while standing. One group are already doing that and their site is: Mothers Against Peeing Standing Up. As I mentioned, there are some occasions when it's needed to pee standing up, then it happens for both men and women! So what should women do? So easy, they can instantly pee standing up using a small device, one is here: http://www.travelmateinfo.com/page002.html (broken link)

One problem people usually have is that some of them are afraid of being made fun by other people, I think one should follow anything s/he think it is right. Everyone has an opinion and it's respectful for him/her. And other people's behaviour shouldn't stop anyone having his/her own opinion, other people don't have the right to stop anyone doing anything according to his/her opinion. That's an affect of freedom, and if the freedom of thought exists somewhere, people shouldn't be afraid of how other people think about what they do. And if there's not, then there should be a 'change', if not, then one has to live how other people want, not how s/he wants! I think a rational person shouldn't be afraid of being the target of other peoples closed minds.
So as a conclusion, the best way is to teach your sons to sit as usual, and allow them to stand when needed, and then, you won't need to be in the trouble of teaching them aiming, because when standing is needed it's a situation like the toilet is dirty or there's urinal or there's an outside condition, and then no aiming is required. Anyways, I'm not going to impose this on you, still you can do anyhow you know better, I just brought some reasons why I asked you this although there are much more reasons I didn't mention them here. One more reason I can mention is if your son stands and pees and you have small daughter(s) too, his standing has some affects on his sisters. You know, to grown people it may be no matter what happens, but small children's souls and specially female soul are sensitive and even such things are great issues to them. Her sisters, when they find they can't easily stand and pee, they feel sad when they see their brother pees standing as usual. And small girls never show their sadness in such situations, they hide it from you but they deeply take affect from the matter, and you won't see her crying since she's hiding it. Of course not allowing her to watch her brother pee won't solve the problem, be sure your daughter knows it, you can ask her if you're doubting, remind that you can't follow your daughter everywhere all the time to see when she watches it and when she doesn't! Yes she has accepted the bodily functions but she hasn't accepted why her brother has too pee standing all the time when he can easily sit on the toilet and point down his dong, still if you don't believe you can ask her. Well, it was one of other reasons, and I think it will be great if the current way of peeing of guys in toilets and bathrooms, in the most parts of the world changes. I think if some of the issues like this become reformed, we'll have a better world.
Wow this was hard to read. What I did get out of this is that your religion dictates how you pee. It makes me wonder about this and the connections with circumcision and masturbation. Masturbation is taboo so touching yourself will standing to pee could lead to "something" else bad. Circumcision was first done to also prevent masturbation. Sorry, neither circumcision or sitting down while peeing is going to make masturbation go away. I think that it's made so taboo so that young men feel the need to "confess" their dirty deed to a preist in his own little box "enjoying" himself with the story.

The idea that little girls are sad they can't stand to pee and that their supposed feelings should change the way men pee around the world....? Girls may be fasinated with it but do they really care? Just for the heck of it, I asked my daughter and she said she doesn't wish to stand and pee. In fact, the idea of having a penis (*gasp* I used correct terminology) is just disturbing to her. The fact that her mom even brought this up will bother her more than not being able to stand and pee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 10:41 AM

1,122 posts, read 1,309,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Because the adult women in the household lack a 4-year-old's intellectual and mechanical capability to learn how to put the seat down all by themselves. It has to be done for them. And remind him that he has to hold the seat up with one hand while aiming with the other, because the fluffy seat cover prevents it from leaning on the tank. Make sure he understands that he must always miss and get some on the floor. It's a male ritual.
Oh come on. Its common courtesy. In fact, all men, women, girls, and boys in my house make sure the lid is down after going.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:44 AM

5,154 posts, read 9,519,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flik_becky View Post
Oh come on. Its common courtesy. In fact, all men, women, girls, and boys in my house make sure the lid is down after going.
With 4 boys, my wife preferred that they left the seat up. That way she knew the seat would be dry.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:30 PM

749 posts, read 1,092,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
With 4 boys, my wife preferred that they left the seat up. That way she knew the seat would be dry.

That's all I care about too!

Old 07-24-2009, 01:41 PM

467 posts, read 615,446 times
Seriously just be glad he's going in the toilet. It isn't a concern if he stands or not. Considering all the other childhood issues to worry about I'd put that among the bottom of the list if at all.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:45 PM

467 posts, read 615,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
The females (sorry to say) are far messier than the males in my household and try to blame it on us guys even though its physically impossible for us to have peed on the areas by accident.

I try to explain to the girls, if you think about how each gender pees, then you realize there's no way a boy could have peed on that direction or cover the entire area it does without a lot of effort on his part.

Sorry girls. We guys do miss our marks sometimes with our stream, but girls spray and get it all over. GROSS! Your comparing a rifle shot to a shotgun shot (straight and narrow vs spread all over)

Old 07-24-2009, 03:30 PM

38,755 posts, read 39,152,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flik_becky View Post
Where I grew up, the common courtesy is to leave it the way you found it. You walk through a door that's open, you leave it open. If it was closed, you close it.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:47 PM

3,572 posts, read 9,503,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMom2 View Post
Seriously just be glad he's going in the toilet. It isn't a concern if he stands or not. Considering all the other childhood issues to worry about I'd put that among the bottom of the list if at all.
I mean, really

Old 07-25-2009, 07:05 PM

106 posts, read 216,263 times
The Cheerios thing does work! Hey, I wish they were in all urinals

Old 07-25-2009, 08:08 PM

38,755 posts, read 39,152,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbar View Post
The Cheerios thing does work! Hey, I wish they were in all urinals
Cheerios just bounce around, they are unsinkable and indestructable.

When I was a kid, there were always a few cigarette butts in there. It was a wonderful game to try to blow them all to smithereens with your finite supply of ordnance..

A real bonanza would be to find that somebody had left a floater in there. Sinking a Bismarck like that was a real challenge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting