U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 04:25 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,150,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
They should be entitled to child support ONLY if they can PROVE that the child support money is being used exclusively for the child. I do not know if it is the case with the OP or not, but I am sick and tired of mothers bemoaning the lack of support for the child and then taking that money and buying a Bahama vacation with it. (and the child being left home, no less).

Women SOOOOOOOOO abuse the whole child support issue that it serves them right when they are forced to support their own children themselves. If the husband were dead (with no life insurance), they would not have the "entitlement" of child support.

20yrsinBranson
I am willing to show any and all reciepts if that would insure my ex would pay some of the ten THOUSAND he is in arears (all from the last five years). Iw ould also like to show my paystub from two weeks ago where I lost 100.00 in pay because I had to sit in court all day because he was being held in contempt. We were married for 10 years. I am forced to support son on my own (and with help from my DH). Son will be driving next year.... thats 1800.00 extra a year in insurance. Not to mention the car. Son will be driving to his father's... so it is not like his father will not get the benefit of son driving. Ex had the oppritunity to reduce child support last month, but would not do the paperwork. I have never been to the bahamas, but would like to go someday. I have however, paid 3500 in braces, medical insurance (150 a month), school lunch, all clothing, shoes, activity expenses and equipment, field trips (including an overnight one that his father went with him on), scout fees and uniforms, summer camps through the church, and on and on. Any vacation I've been on, son has had the choice to go with me or not (he chose once not to go b/c it would intefere with his father's time). I do not interfere with his and his father's relationship, son has every right to know his father. Do I bemoan not getting child support (court ordered because he would not honor our verbal agreement).... sure, but never to son. I will not speal ill of my ex in front of or to son. I did have to hold son when his father was arrested for not showing up for court.... I had to talk him through his guilt over what he thought was his fault for being born. Just for clarification, I was the one who intitated the divorce because my ex was putting son into dangerous situations by being high while driving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 03:53 AM

3,322 posts, read 3,147,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
Show me where it is mandatory that a parent pay for a kid's college education. Parents are not responsible for paying for college. It's nice when it can happen, but it isn't a law anywhere.
Um, yeah it is.

My sister's Dad had to pay support till she turned 18, or 21 if she went to college, NON negotiable, per court order.

My best friend has the same order with her ex; 18 if her child doesn't go to college, 21 if he does.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:09 AM

3,322 posts, read 3,147,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
They should be entitled to child support ONLY if they can PROVE that the child support money is being used exclusively for the child. I do not know if it is the case with the OP or not, but I am sick and tired of mothers bemoaning the lack of support for the child and then taking that money and buying a Bahama vacation with it. (and the child being left home, no less).

Women SOOOOOOOOO abuse the whole child support issue that it serves them right when they are forced to support their own children themselves. If the husband were dead (with no life insurance), they would not have the "entitlement" of child support.

20yrsinBranson
Oh don't give me that crap about only women abuse the system!

My ex husband has had me hauled into court for missing ONE child support payment.

I missed two months of payments due to me being in ICU for 2 weeks, then the pulmonary unit for another 4 weeks with pneumonia. The cops came to the house, my husband told them were I was, and they came to ICU to try and arrest me and take me to jail. My Dr. REFUSED to let me leave, and he personally called the local judge himself (a family friend I found out later), and told him to back off, and that HE (my Dr.) would call them when I was able to be arrested and extridited to Misery w/o medical complications. That judge ended up calling the judge in Missouri, and explained the situation, which in turn got my ex in a sling, since he KNEW I was ill (since he brought our daughter to see me, cause we all thought I was dying!), and he got into major trouble for that. He's so anal, if he doesn't get his check every month on a certain date, he calls me demanding to know what happened, then calls the court and everyone else he can think of. Selfish little scum bag!!!!!

What pisses me off the most is that, he can't afford to send her to karate lessons (which is the ONLY thing the kid ever wants), or buy her new clothes, but he can afford new video games for himself, and a HUGE 60"+ TV, new workout equipment for himself; and get this; a brand new sports car, but not anything for her?! He gets her clothes from Goodwill and she always looks so sad when I go to get her, but he has a new car and new stuff for him?

That's not right!

No offense, and I am sorry if I am wrong, but you sound like you are on the end of someone who is in a relationship with a guy that has to pay and has a bad ex. That bitterness is not good.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:01 AM

1,986 posts, read 2,420,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Um, yeah it is.

My sister's Dad had to pay support till she turned 18, or 21 if she went to college, NON negotiable, per court order.

My best friend has the same order with her ex; 18 if her child doesn't go to college, 21 if he does.
Paying child support until 21 is different than footing the bill for college.

Old 04-18-2009, 12:26 AM

1 posts, read 675 times
To OP: Over the 16 years, have you managed to save ANY money to help pay for your daughter's education? Raising a child also takes planning.... that he is hiding his assets says a lot. But if he is any decent father, he'll help pay for his child's education. He doesn't need to add that extra money to any child support payment. He can do that on his own!

Old 04-18-2009, 06:48 AM

1,851 posts, read 1,149,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2sweet4ne1 View Post
Why are people sleeping with married men and then wondering why the man isn't helping?
You looking for accountability and responsibility, here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting