U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-18-2009, 02:57 PM

14,303 posts, read 7,832,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Then if that law were passed, some women would NEVER be pregnant.

Not all women take that easy, and some are hard as hell to take, and that is why some Docs do implant so many. Our old neighbor on base, had 4 different IVF implants done and only had 1 kid from all four. The first time they implanted 2, and nothing, then 3, nothing, then 4, nothing, then 6 on the last shot and only 1 took. Out of 15 embryo's only one baby resulted.

Granted, she is not a normal case, but there are women like her around, and it's not right to penalize them for one stupid girl.
But are there any medical issues with having a high number implanted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 04:17 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,748,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Then if that law were passed, some women would NEVER be pregnant.
If it's not meant to be it's not meant to be and people need to understand that. Medical advancements are a wonderful thing but because of it the world is becoming overpopulated. Before IVF women would have simply just let it go or tried to adopt.

Looks like octomom is going to be homeless..
OctoMom Could Lose Her Crib - TMZ.com

Old 02-18-2009, 04:36 PM

6,764 posts, read 13,612,330 times
There are legitimate stories of real people who have serious issues who should be getting press time not this woman and her 'soap opera.'

Old 02-18-2009, 08:21 PM

1,986 posts, read 2,416,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
Looks like octomom is going to be homeless..
I saw this earlier. One has to wonder just what they do with their money. No mortgage payments since last May?? Yeah, mother and daughter are manipulating the public for Easy Street.

$100,000 for fertility treatments, 14 kids and no place to put them. BUT SHE GOT HER NAILS DONE AND BOUGHT VIDEO GAMES.

Everything that comes out of their mouths is lie after lie.

What goes around, comes around. No wonder the man left. His wife and daughter are lunatics.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:45 PM

So I wonder where she and her litter will live now?

And I'm confused about the hotel room...are the 6 older kids staying there with her or are they with her mother?

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 02-18-2009 at 08:54 PM..

Old 02-18-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
So I wonder where she and her litter will live now?

And I'm confused about the hotel room...are the 6 older kids staying there with her or are they with her mother?
Good question. No answer though. Since she's been seen quite a bit around town with no kids in tow, my guess is they are with their grandmother, not mother.

I'm wondering if, now that the media blitz is pretty much over (due to the leaving of the PR), what she will do to get herself in the news more, trying to generate cash flow for her and her mother.

The litter will be released from the hospital before too long. That lunatic and her mother will have to do some serious begging to 'save the farm'.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
Good question. No answer though. Since she's been seen quite a bit around town with no kids in tow, my guess is they are with their grandmother, not mother.

I'm wondering if, now that the media blitz is pretty much over (due to the leaving of the PR), what she will do to get herself in the news more, trying to generate cash flow for her and her mother.

The litter will be released from the hospital before too long. That lunatic and her mother will have to do some serious begging to 'save the farm'.
The farm...LOL. Love it

Old 02-18-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The farm...LOL. Love it
Hey, it's the truth.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:05 PM

12,411 posts, read 9,214,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
This whole story is surreal. Most people with a large number of kids would have to be very organized, extremely self sufficient or have a lot of help. I have read numerous stories of people with 'just triplets' that have neighbors, volunteers and family helping out with feedings and so forth.

Can you imagine the organization necessary to minimally care for the needs of 14 little kids? Even if this lady gets help from her parents, that's just 3 adults to 14 kids. Granted, you could give the older ones 'assignments' and pretty much 'devote yourself' to the babies but how about the emotional needs of these kids?

I wonder how many people are truly damaged in large families? I know any number of children in a family can 'be abused, ignored, whatever' but in a big family I do not know how you can emotionally be there for those kids when you are burnt out.

My grandmother was one of 8 kids and NOT one of her siblings had more than 3 kids. Several had none. She, herself, had one. I would love to know if people with lots of siblings (not Mormons or people who have them for their religion) actually wind up having a lot of children themselves?

I do believe we crave what we don't have....if this woman is a damaged only child, why could she not stop at a 6 kids--a goodly number for anyone...?
You make good points.
My stomach churns when I hear people say the older kids (of any family) take care of the younger ones. That is no life for a kid. There are things that happen in each stage of development and young teens, in our society, should not be rearing their parent's offspring.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:59 PM

1,806 posts, read 3,674,238 times
"Looks like octomom is going to be homeless.."

I wonder if they'll apply for homeowner 'assistance'...

(Heavy, disgruntled sigh...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting