U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-19-2009, 02:58 PM

3,842 posts, read 6,882,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
forward already! I believe these children are miracles born to a possibly mentally ill mother with an enormous heart and a DESPERATE need to love and be loved. I have no doubt in my mind she will be able to support them financially AND emotionally with the help of those who WANT to help.

I am NOT worried about my taxdollars possibly assisting 14 innocent
children and a drug-free student-mother. However, with a likely book
deal and/or reality show and stingy fame hungry interviewers, it looks
like our precious tax dollars might very well be safe in the future.
Enormous heart? If she had an enormous heart she would have not been living off her parents for the last 10 years. Enormous heart? She would have gotten a job to care for the FIRST 6 & shown them what being a responsible & caring is...

Enormous heart? She would not have lied about government assistance or the plastic surgery or the whole other list of things she has lied on record about.

And just who is going to be taking care of these children?

It's not her.

And that is wrong.

Don't bring children into this world if you cannot take care of them.

And she's never taken care of the first 6, so what makes you think she is going to take care of 8 more once they are out of onesies?

"drug free student mother"...ok, does she deserve an award for that? Spare me. THOUSANDS of mothers are drug free and going to school AND WORKING and BEING RESPONSIBLE parents...and not hitting the am talk show circuit about how special they are..

You mentioned that you won't have any more children until you are done with school? Why's that?

Isn't having 8 premature babies and going back to graduate school a logicial and normal thing? Really, shouldn't be a biggie to go back to school with 14 children under 7...especially when this mother isn't caring for them...

There is a difference b/w mothers who have children under other than desirable conditions and this woman who did it on purpose based on mental illness, selfishness, greed, and just a whole list of things.

No one has said that they don't want assistance going to the children. If anything, an escrow account needs to be established so the nutcase can only used donated money for items 100% related to the children...not her manicures, or coffee stops, or whatever she was buying from MAC the other day...are you aware of how expensive MAC makeup is? And she is out buying it? A woman who is asking for people to donate things for her children is out buying makeup that averages $25 for ONE item?

If I lived in that area, I'd have NO problem helping those babies in feedings, bathing, cleaning, playing. But I wouldn't lift a pinkie to personally help that mother. She figured out how to get pregnant. She can figure out how to raise the children and do things that millions of other moms do on their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 03:08 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,667,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Oh yeah, that is because you don't live in California where I do and will be stuck with this leach's bills.

It's easy to not care about $$ when it doesn't directly affect you. Just look at octomom, she doesnt care about money because her parents, and her emplyers disability payments footed all her bills.

She may get a degree someday but she will have absolutely NO client base because who the heck wants a nutjob to counsel them?

Those babies (and the other 6) should be watched like hawk by CPS and if she neglects them they need to be yanked outta there.

Once you pay taxes it is the government's money. Not yours anymore!

Are taxes going up because of this woman in California??????????

Old 02-19-2009, 03:35 PM

6,764 posts, read 14,028,417 times
Did anyone see the poll on tv about Octomom?

They asked people do you think she wants to be a celebrity for having these babies?

I believe something like 96% said "yes."

I am sure there are thousands of struggling moms with kids who get by every day. Why is this one the focus of media attention.

Another case of shut it off (like the news).

Old 02-19-2009, 04:34 PM

3,842 posts, read 6,882,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Did anyone see the poll on tv about Octomom?

They asked people do you think she wants to be a celebrity for having these babies?

I believe something like 96% said "yes."

I am sure there are thousands of struggling moms with kids who get by every day. Why is this one the focus of media attention.

Another case of shut it off (like the news).
She's not a "struggling" mom.

She's a spoiled brat who has never had to be responsible for anything in her life.

And tabloid tv loves to cover its spoiled brats.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:46 PM

3,695 posts, read 4,940,188 times
Quote:
This blame game everyone's playing is getting old and getting nowhere! How these little babies came to be is in the past. It is time to move
forward already! I believe these children are miracles born to a possibly mentally ill mother with an enormous heart and a DESPERATE need to love and be loved. I have no doubt in my mind she will be able to support them financially AND emotionally with the help of those who WANT to help.

I am NOT worried about my taxdollars possibly assisting 14 innocent
children and a drug-free student-mother. However, with a likely book
deal and/or reality show and stingy fame hungry interviewers, it looks
like our precious tax dollars might very well be safe in the future.

Let us leave the legal technicalities to those who know best. If you we
all had the answers to every problem, there would be no problems! And
instead of putting blame on her and her doctors for their so-called
irrisponsible and selfish acts, let us use them as examples, a template
if you will, for new legal and ethical guidelines regarding fertility
treatments in the future!

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."

Amen to that.

This thread is becoming an ugly vent for ugly thoughts.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:48 PM

3,695 posts, read 4,940,188 times
Quote:
Once you pay taxes it is the government's money. Not yours anymore!
Bingo! Couldn't give more reps to you.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:33 PM

3,254 posts, read 3,595,719 times
Moderator cut: unnecessary

Quote:
Are taxes going up because of this woman in California??????????

Well if enough women who cannot afford to, start to have babies 14 at a time and are on welfare, then YES they will up our taxes to pay for the deficit to keep the kids in pampers. It is a pretty simple equation.

What do YOU think a state does when it has a deficit from public assistance or any other reason? Grow the needed money on trees?

No, they up the tax on those of us who have jobs and PAY taxes.

Last edited by jeannie216; 02-21-2009 at 07:12 AM..

Old 02-19-2009, 05:44 PM

14,478 posts, read 8,257,749 times
So, miasmommy and nuala, are you actually trying to argue that it's none of our business what OUR tax money is being spent on?

Old 02-19-2009, 05:55 PM

1,692 posts, read 2,311,217 times
I heard tonight she is looking at a over million dollar house right now . Something with DR.Phil and something else. If she gets a million dollar house it has 4 bedrooms and a pool and has the state pay for her children'e hospital stay and all that I would be soo ticked. I hope if Dr. Phil is involved with this nut job this will end his carreer. THis is silly you can't get houses like that, pay to have more babies and get food stamps and not be said you haven't skamed the welfare system. Lets get real this is starting to get silly when all the rest of us are just trying to make it. Hope we don't loose jobs or homes and this women is nuts.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:31 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,667,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
So, miasmommy and nuala, are you actually trying to argue that it's none of our business what OUR tax money is being spent on?

I don't understand how it is any different than MY tax dollars paying for a war that I don't support!!!!!!!!!!!

As I said before. Once you pay your taxes, it goes where the government sees fit. Whether it be welfare, war, roads or to the pockets of lying cheating politicians!!!!

And someone said I sound like someone on assistance? Get over it already. I work. My husband works. I pay taxes. He pays taxes. Neither of us are getting even close to half of it back. We can't afford health insurance by any means right now. The state aid we are on is based on a sliding scale. We still pay a premium. We still pay a co-payment. However, my daughter's is completely free as it should be.

This subject is old. People involved have stingy sad thoughts.

I've said this a million times: IF YOU HAVE ALL OF THE ANSWERS AND KNOW SO WELL HOW THIS COUNTRY SHOULD BE RUN, BY ALL MEANS STEP UP AND FIX IT ALREADY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting