Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2009, 07:46 PM

713 posts, read 2,717,474 times

Advertisements

Suleman has gotten an interesting offer: Octuplets' mother gets a giant babysitting offer | L.A. Now | Los Angeles Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 07:56 PM

396 posts, read 1,035,164 times
Is anyone else sick of this story yet? I sure am.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:05 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,066,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
I believe these children are miracles born to a possibly mentally ill mother with an enormous heart and a DESPERATE need to love and be loved. I have no doubt in my mind she will be able to support them financially AND emotionally with the help of those who WANT to help.
First, those babies aren't miracles. They were manufactured under bright lights, by a scientist, in a clinic. It wasn't any different than cross-polinating plants in a lab.

Second, how can you say she is mentally ill and will be able to support them financially AND emotionally all in one sentence? Those are contradictions.

The female is nothing but a con artist, and so is her mother, and they're using 14 little kids in their scheme.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:19 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
First, those babies aren't miracles. They were manufactured under bright lights, by a scientist, in a clinic. It wasn't any different than cross-polinating plants in a lab.

Second, how can you say she is mentally ill and will be able to support them financially AND emotionally all in one sentence? Those are contradictions.

The female is nothing but a con artist, and so is her mother, and they're using 14 little kids in their scheme.
Well stated

Old 02-19-2009, 09:07 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old biddie View Post
Is anyone else sick of this story yet? I sure am.
YES.

I'm just glad I don't live in CA anymore (sort of)...my hackles would REALLY be raised if my state taxes were going to her HER upkeep. The children have to be provided for - ABSOLUTELY - but if you're going to go out there and more or less ask for financial help for your children, you need to make some wise choices.

You don't send yourself out for spa services, shopping at Nordies or shop for million dollar homes. You live frugally, show some humility and take care of your children!!!!!

Seriously - with 8 babies in NICU - where does she find the time to go out shopping???? When my two were in NICU, it was all I could do to get myself together, to the hospital and eat required meals!

There will always be people who will enable people like Ms. Suleman and continue similar vicious cycles of milking the system.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:14 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Do you understand that you are talking about countless young parents?

Do you understand that you stick a knife in all these posters with pregnant teenagers here that you support otherwise?

Do you understand that your son may father a child - regardless of your high horse - at 18 and you - yes, you - will be the most doting grandmother.

Do you understand that I can't see you teaching your class where you divide the kids mentally into belonging to parents who pay taxes and belonging to parents who don't pay taxes?

Do you understand that I am starting to get less respect for your husband whose service was subsidised by countless taxpayers who were against the Iraq war?
She wasn't a pregnant teenager.

She is 33.

And she did it over. And over. And over. And over. And over. And over.

BOTH of my sons could father a child when they are 14 for all I know.

That has nothing to do with this topic.

And your last statement...wow, you are low.

The NUTCASE in CA has given nothing. She has only taken.

Maybe hop on a plane & join the line of enablers. She's waiting!

Old 02-19-2009, 09:35 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Do you understand that I am starting to get less respect for your husband whose service was subsidised by countless taxpayers who were against the Iraq war?
I may not support the war in theory but I certainly support the men & women who risk their lives for us in service of our country (the USA - not Canada).

Your comment is exceedingly vile and offensive and has NOTHING to do with Ms. Sulema.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:44 PM

9 posts, read 23,775 times
Totally dont agree with what she did or anything but I just wanted to say...I did IVF for a surrogacy. They transferred 6 embryos...the doctor used his knowledge and years of experience to decide what to do and we trusted him. So...in my case, I got pregnant with triplets, had two decide to stop growing on their own (which apparently is rather common), and gave birth to one healthy little girl. He made the right decision, in my case, since the embryos werent high enough quality to survive a freezing/thaw and they only had those 6-and the mom was unlikely to get more eggs. BUT, in the hands of an inexperienced, or dumb, doctor....well, putting that faith into the doc could be a terrible thing. Just think-if they'd implanted 6 high quality embryos into a woman who has no issues getting preganant...oh my. I still cant imagine them transferring 8 but well... (we had also discussed the medical issues associated with having that many at once and, whether people agree with it or not, had decided on selective reduction if a certain number stuck...I think it was 4 or more but I cant remember for sure)

The other thing is, it actually IS possible they got all those eggs in one retrival, or possibly 2. I also did an egg donation for a friend and even with extreme caution, on half doses of meds, close monitoring...they got 32 eggs from me. 32. Again, imagine if it had been an inexperienced doc or something...I could've easily had a whole lot more!!

I have 4 kids, 8 and under...I cant imagine the 6 she already had let alone the 14 she now has. That's just scary.

(Also, wanted to add: the couple I did IVF for and the woman I did egg donation for were all able to take care of their kids and whatnot as well-they werent exactly rich but middle class and perfectly capable of paying for any expenses associated with multiples or anything else. Plus, they are totally awsome )

Last edited by little_monkeys; 02-19-2009 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: stuff

Old 02-20-2009, 07:00 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
And I do repeat. Keep my kid out of this. Say one more thing, I swear
Then don't make offensive comments about those who are risking their lives serving our country.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:04 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,453,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
And your last statement...wow, you are low.

The NUTCASE in CA has given nothing. She has only taken.

And this is coming from whom?

If your hubby is still in the army, that means he is heavily subsidized by taxpayers, you are subsidized by taxpayers, your kids are subsidized by taxpayers.

You personally are not a taxpayer since you are a SAHM. And you hope to stay SAHM for a s long as you can be subsidized. Spewing hate and engaging in mob behavior while on subsidy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting