Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2009, 03:33 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
She has 6 kids at her parent's house, yet she's staying someplace else.
I gathered from the interview that the other house is also her parent's house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 05:29 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,155 times
I'm not sure if it's been confirmed but I do believe that if a parent is receiving disability payments, all children under the age of 18 receive disability payments as well. Not sure what the amounts would be, but somewhere in the few hundred dollars per child range is my understanding. She and ALL her children would be receiving disability payments from the government.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:36 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,138 times
Earlier tonight I watched the special Dateline did on this woman and the birth of her 8 children...I am at a loss for words and that hardly ever happens to me...Did anyone ever visit the site she has set up? They are soliciting the public for donations & yes she is on food stamps.....I left the following scathing remarks for her:

"You are an astoundingly naive and selfish young woman to bring into this world all these children and not be prepared to care for them...All the love and hugs in the world does not put food in their mouths, clothes on their back and a roof over there heads. Soliciting money from the public on this website is reprehensible and you ought to be ashamed of yourself. Those children have no voice and no choice and your actions are at the height of ignorance & irresponsibility."

Old 02-10-2009, 10:46 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,509,594 times
I love how she loves her children so much she uses the money she saved not to put food in their mouth,clothes on their back, or shelter but to make more kids.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:45 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
I'm not sure if it's been confirmed but I do believe that if a parent is receiving disability payments, all children under the age of 18 receive disability payments as well. Not sure what the amounts would be, but somewhere in the few hundred dollars per child range is my understanding. She and ALL her children would be receiving disability payments from the government.
Child benefits disability is half of what the parent gets (at least it was back in 1990). But that is for Social Security Permanent Disability payments. I do not believe it applies to temporary disability which is what she was on (you get a percentage of your wages) and is something different altogether. Even if you are found a percentage disabled in your settlement from a work related injury, unless you apply to the State of California to collect permanent disability payments (which is a whole different set of doctors to inspect you), your children don't receive any money.

The money she gets for her kids must be because they have disabilities themselves which also gives them free medical coverage. They may have autism or unspecified disorders or even phsyical disabilities etc...

Old 02-11-2009, 10:16 AM

819 posts, read 1,592,465 times
Kingtodd what is the site you were referring to? I'd like to check it out. She is a certified wackaloon for sure.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:15 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
You'd think the state of California would start recouping funds after she was awarded a 165.000.00 settlement due to a back injury. How injured could she be if she was able to be pregnant with eight?

Old 02-11-2009, 11:26 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Child benefits disability is half of what the parent gets (at least it was back in 1990). But that is for Social Security Permanent Disability payments. I do not believe it applies to temporary disability which is what she was on (you get a percentage of your wages) and is something different altogether. Even if you are found a percentage disabled in your settlement from a work related injury, unless you apply to the State of California to collect permanent disability payments (which is a whole different set of doctors to inspect you), your children don't receive any money.

The money she gets for her kids must be because they have disabilities themselves which also gives them free medical coverage. They may have autism or unspecified disorders or even phsyical disabilities etc...
Thanks for clarifying. I am confused as to what is considered "permanent" disability in her case. I mean - how is it that she has collected over 163k in temporary disability payments? That seems like an exorbitant payout for a temporary disability.

I don't begrudge aid being given to the children - they NEED it but it sickens me that this woman seems to have been manipulating the system and perhaps lining her pockets with the help of state-sponsored aid she's received.

I didn't realize she had 3 disabled children already. I was aware of the child diagnosed with autism but didn't know there were 2 others with a disability. In light of that information, it seems even more twisted that she went out & did another round of FET to get pregnant AGAIN.

Yeah - the more & more I read, the more I am sure she has a mental illness, is addicted to "collecting" children and imagines herself the poor man's Angelina Jolie. Could she be any more obvious with her Angelina-face and then giving all the children middle names of "angel"?

Old 02-11-2009, 12:05 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
Thanks for clarifying. I am confused as to what is considered "permanent" disability in her case. I mean - how is it that she has collected over 163k in temporary disability payments? That seems like an exorbitant payout for a temporary disability.
Temporary Disability is approx 2/3rds of what you were earning from your employer I believe a year before you were injured. All you need is a doctor's note to put you out of work (not even light duty, but not allowing you to work at all). You then get the money that you and your employer pay to the state each paycheck. Your doctor sends in updates and you must have some treatment for the problem.
So $163 over a 6 yr period comes to $27K a year, which is around 2/3rds of what she was making while she was working prior to the injury. All the while you are still an employee of the company you work for and able to get benefits through them *but they do not pay a portion*.

Once you have settled your claim with your employer and you really think you are disabled enough to never work again, then you file for permanent disability through the Social Security office. You can also have your ex employer have to retrain you to do something else if neccessary. But most people just change their line of work and do something else.

Quote:

I don't begrudge aid being given to the children - they NEED it but it sickens me that this woman seems to have been manipulating the system and perhaps lining her pockets with the help of state-sponsored aid she's received.

I didn't realize she had 3 disabled children already. I was aware of the child diagnosed with autism but didn't know there were 2 others with a disability. In light of that information, it seems even more twisted that she went out & did another round of FET to get pregnant AGAIN.
That is just what i heard, i don't know if ANY of them are really disabled.

Quote:
Yeah - the more & more I read, the more I am sure she has a mental illness, is addicted to "collecting" children and imagines herself the poor man's Angelina Jolie. Could she be any more obvious with her Angelina-face and then giving all the children middle names of "angel"?
She is just gross.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:13 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,509,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post

That is just what i heard, i don't know if ANY of them are really disabled.
No, I saw the video of her pretending to play with her kids. Three of them were completely spaced out not screaming and running around like the other kids.

The other three two boys and one girl. The girl made it clear she did think her mother could take care of them. The other boys said the house was going to be packed with them all in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting