Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 10:52 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,045,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
F that... Their victims live it everyday without choice!

The pathetic sickos can deal with it. Besides they don't have feelings like normal people. You think they feel bad because they are not included/love/blahblahblah. They only feel bad because they cant get away with it anymore and pleasure themselves with other peoples weakness in their power. Thats what a psychopathic personality is.
I completely agree. Victims deal with it FOREVER, through no wrongdoing of their own. Offenders should too.

We've got a lot of people who defend these RSO's. Maybe it's cuz they're married to 'em, or are offenders themselves!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 11:02 AM

3,011 posts, read 6,280,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabolissa View Post
A guy whips it out, exposes himself to some kids. A cop drives by, and arrests him for indescent exposure, etc. At trial, he claims that he was just peeing (defense strategy), even though he really was a flasher.

If the shoe fits. Sorry public pee-ers. Take it inside already.

It's like if you're robbing a bank with a toy gun and someone has a heart-attack in line. You're still going to be charged with murder as an indirect result of your actions.

If you're naked in public, you better be ready to deal with the consequences.
I have peed is public a few times in my life when no facilities were available, but discreetly as possible and away from others behind a tree, wall, etc. Does that in itself make me a rotten person or "flasher"? I think not. In fact, I'm sure most people have at one time or another peed outside. It's not the worst crime on earth to take a leak when there are no other alternatives available.

I will also say that this is something I don't engage in on a regular basis, but sometimes, one just has to go.

Does that act of urinating merit a night in jail or accusations of pubilc indecency, especially when I make every effort not to look obvious? I highly doubt it. Now if I do it out with the sole intent of flashing, then yes, that's a different story.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:04 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,194,351 times
Quote:
What is the world coming to that we should feel bad for child rapist and people who urinate outside like beasts?!

WTF?

Sex offenders re-offend most of the time. I think any pedo freak should be bound, partially eviscerated and covered salt & fire ants.
No, they don't. Do you have statistics to back up your assertion. You're not differentiating between a sex offender and a pedophile. Pedophilia is a disease and the people who suffer from it should be permanently placed in mental hospitals for treatment and to keep them away from potential victims. In the case of incest, or statutory rape, recidivism rates are relatively low. The justice system deals with these people and luckily would punish you if you ever attempted to take the vigilante justice you seem in favor of. Leave justice up to the prosecutors and their burden of proof. You never know who's actually innocent. And I'm not saying that they all are innocent, those who are are probably a small minority of the accused but they do exist. And they ALL have basic Constitutional rights.

Quote:
F that... Their victims live it everyday without choice!

The pathetic sickos can deal with it. Besides they don't have feelings like normal people. You think they feel bad because they are not included/love/blahblahblah. They only feel bad because they cant get away with it anymore and pleasure themselves with other peoples weakness in their power. Thats what a psychopathic personality is.
Again, you're not differentiating between sex offenders and pedophiles. If they're caught and the prosecution meets the burden of proof, they are punished by the courts. They don't give people the death penalty for statutory rape, that's not a proportionate response. And again, I'm glad that the justice system stands between you and these people, since it appears that you'd just as soon send EVERY person accused of a sex crime to jail for life with no chance to defend themselves against the charge.

Quote:
I completely agree. Victims deal with it FOREVER, through no wrongdoing of their own. Offenders should too.

We've got a lot of people who defend these RSO's. Maybe it's cuz they're married to 'em, or are offenders themselves!
Again with the assumptions. There's a difference between defending sex offenders and defending their Constitutional rights. If you can't tell the difference, you don't deserve to be an American citizen.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:06 PM

10 posts, read 17,394 times
This was a bit scary for me considering i live in close proximity of upper Manhattan...red dots everywhere =(

Old 02-04-2009, 04:05 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,051,942 times
Quote:

Victims only deal with it FOREVER if they don't move on with their lives. MOST victims learn from the experience and go on to lead productive and happy lives.

A person is not FOREVER a victim unless they allow themselves to be. Some wallow in their own self pity and hold on to it forever, never let it go, and never get past the experience.

Categorizing offenders into one big clump is very dangerous. They aren't all the same. There are serial offenders, but most are not. It doesn't take much for some to be considered an offender, like a girlfriend getting mad, or a woman thinking a man has vile intentions because of the way he looks. AND ALL THOSE ON THE SEX OFFENDER LISTS ARE NOT PEDOPHILES as so many of you exert.

Learn the facts before you go off half cocked and in a frenzy. You're not doing anybody any good in a panic and unreasonable.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:11 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,326,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
I have peed is public a few times in my life when no facilities were available, but discreetly as possible and away from others behind a tree, wall, etc. Does that in itself make me a rotten person or "flasher"? I think not. In fact, I'm sure most people have at one time or another peed outside. It's not the worst crime on earth to take a leak when there are no other alternatives available.

I will also say that this is something I don't engage in on a regular basis, but sometimes, one just has to go.

Does that act of urinating merit a night in jail or accusations of pubilc indecency, especially when I make every effort not to look obvious? I highly doubt it. Now if I do it out with the sole intent of flashing, then yes, that's a different story.
I agree w/you. If you are finding a quiet private spot to pee go for it. I'm a woman but I can tell you that there have been several times that I would have peed out in public if I could have done it discreetly.

I mean, a man shouldn't whip it out in a parking lot and start singing and peeing, but if you go over to a tree, behind the tree, cover yourself up, come on what the heck is the big deal?

People have been peeing outdoors for how long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
Victims only deal with it FOREVER if they don't move on with their lives. MOST victims learn from the experience and go on to lead productive and happy lives.

A person is not FOREVER a victim unless they allow themselves to be. Some wallow in their own self pity and hold on to it forever, never let it go, and never get past the experience.

Categorizing offenders into one big clump is very dangerous. They aren't all the same. There are serial offenders, but most are not. It doesn't take much for some to be considered an offender, like a girlfriend getting mad, or a woman thinking a man has vile intentions because of the way he looks. AND ALL THOSE ON THE SEX OFFENDER LISTS ARE NOT PEDOPHILES as so many of you exert.

Learn the facts before you go off half cocked and in a frenzy. You're not doing anybody any good in a panic and unreasonable.
you seem to like the word "panic" though I haven't seen anyone here who seemed to be in a panic or in a frenzy.

Speak for yourself.

and they are not categorized in a clump. for one, there are different levels.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:14 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,214,640 times
You know what? My area shows very "minimal" offenders! Quite frankly my entire state is WAY UNDERESTIMATED! I'm not sure what gets a person on a "national vs. state" rank...but there are more listed in my county on the state registry than are on this national one. The same is true in reverse! I happen to know from my profession there are so many "silent" preditors out there whose crimes have gone "unsubstantiated". Therefore, they DON'T make it too the registry. I almost crapped myself when I discovered that the county I just bought our getaway 2nd home in. I never thought to check this out before buying. None next door...but you know what? I don't let my kids stray far...they are always supervised. I wouldn't even welcome someone into my home that I didn't know well...and most certainly if someone stopped by....they would not be left alone with my children. I am "overboard" on this safety issue. It does alarm me the "red dots" all over the city we are on the outskirts of. Never know when one of them will decide to aggressively reoffend. Yes! Many will reoffend. A small percentage will not! I wouldn't let ANY of them near my family! Sorry Guys and Gals! (Wait! ...let me rephase that....I continue to not judge a young man (young 20's)who was involved with a teen quite as harshly.....16 and up) I remember 16 and my boyfriend was my same age. There was no one stopping me at this age in making decisions about "adult" activities and doing what I wanted. Fortunately, no older men were "my" targets. However, older men with a teen.....I start to frown a bit more and they fall into the "pervert" category. I could go on and on about this issue! Let me just end with NO ADULT SHOULD ROB A CHILD OF THEIR CHILDHOOD and continue to live an "unrestricted" life! Now...I will shut up before I get beligerent!

Old 02-04-2009, 04:14 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,051,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
I agree w/you. If you are finding a quiet private spot to pee go for it. I'm a woman but I can tell you that there have been several times that I would have peed out in public if I could have done it discreetly.

I mean, a man shouldn't whip it out in a parking lot and start singing and peeing, but if you go over to a tree, behind the tree, cover yourself up, come on what the heck is the big deal?

People have been peeing outdoors for how long?
you seem to like the word "panic" though I haven't seen anyone here who seemed to be in a panic or in a frenzy.

Speak for yourself.

and they are not categorized in a clump. for one, there are different levels.
Speak for yourself. I see panic and frenzy in the way people behave toward this subject.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:23 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,214,640 times
Quote:

Only agree to a certain extent...depending on the crime itself. A toddler who has been touched and been forced to touch an adult for all of their formative years will have the "crime" imprinted inside there being. Even people that don't remember the crime will have triggers to events, smells, places that they don't understand. They may be diagnosed with phobias or anxieties. Children are helpless and when someone they trust betrays them...this doesn't just go away when they become an adult and someone tells them to move on. Even with therapy...the events will resurface during other life events! Think before you speak so insensitively. An offender who is truly in recovery or trying to recover can easily agree with my statements. They will acknowledge the damage they have caused and not make excuses for why they should have "rights" that they would have had if they had not offended. They are lucky to be out on the streets again at all IMO! They are lucky to have a second chance out in the community.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:25 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,045,487 times
Quote:

This is the most ignorant thing I've seen on this thread yet... Wonder why you're so hard on the victim and so generous to the offender. You've got it a little backwards, dontcha think?

What MistyVT says above is absolutely true - I know first hand. I do what I can to protect my daughter from going through the same thing I did at 4... It's not my job to protect the "constitutional rights" of the offender who's violated someone else's rights already. Again, these are CONVICTED people in a court of law - I don't much care how they got there... I'm not inciting a witch hunt, or harrassing these SO's in any way. I'm informing myself of WHO THEY ARE - which is the intent of the registry in the first place.

Sounds like you're the one who's getting all worked up. Is this hitting a little too close to home for ya?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting