Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 02:14 PM

591 posts, read 1,414,109 times

Advertisements

Absolutely yes. I don't get why you feel it is so wrong that I adopted a child. I"m confused here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 02:16 PM

sierra. I hope i'm just reading what you said wrong. If not that isn't a very nice way to be. But i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and just assume I"m reading what you said wrong.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:23 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,055,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryLuvinWoman1 View Post
sierra. I hope i'm just reading what you said wrong. If not that isn't a very nice way to be. But i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and just assume I"m reading what you said wrong.
Well, I'm not sure what's so wrong with it. Let me rephrase it then. If you were still married to the father of your other 3 already pretty grown-up children and no child of your sister's was involved, would you choose to have or adopt another one so many years later?

Old 02-04-2009, 02:37 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,725,534 times
I think it is a wonderful selfless thing to do and Good for You CountryLovingWoman as I am sure you have so much to offer a child. There are so many that need homes.

I don't think it is our place to judge.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:39 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,976,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emailvasally View Post
just another thought, and it doesnt always work out this way. My MIL was 40 when she had my dh. He was 33 when we had our youngest. She didnt become a grandma until 73. her health started failing and she passed away at 80. She never got to really get to know or enjoy her grandson. And her grandson never got the privaledge of really getting to know his grandma. grandpa was 47 when he had DH and died before my dh and I got married.
This is the one thing that makes me sad about having kids later. My father died 17 years ago and my DH's dad died the year our oldest was born, so neither of our children knew their grandfathers. But I also didn't know my grandfathers (they died prior to my birth) and my parents had me when they were 30 and 32, so there's no guarantee by having kids younger that they will know their grandparents. Fortunately, my mother and mother-in-law, though elderly, are in very good health and are overjoyed to finally have grandchildren from us .

Old 02-04-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
I think it is a wonderful selfless thing to do and Good for You CountryLovingWoman as I am sure you have so much to offer a child. There are so many that need homes.

I don't think it is our place to judge.
It's not about judging for cryin' out loud! It's not like I have to raise somebody else’s children. Everybody's entitled to do what they please. I just asked. Well, sorry if this kind of benign and legitimate question offends mothers. I was just wondering and can certainly live without a response.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:44 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,045,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It's not about judging for cryin' out loud! It's not like I have to raise somebody else’s children. Everybody's entitled to do what they please. I just asked. Well, sorry if this kind of benign and legitimate question offends mothers. I was just wondering and can certainly live without a response.
Don't worry about it.....it's just PMS or hormones or something. You're supposed to offer chocolate before asking even benign questions.

*putting on flame retardant suit*

Old 02-04-2009, 04:01 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,501,045 times
Quote:
Someone is getting a little testy....

Old 02-04-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
Someone is getting a little testy....
Well, I don't think I'm the one who started getting testy. Anyway, there was a response above I missed.

The simple reason I asked was because the conversation was about the benefits of having children young, so you can be freer later in life. That's why it hit me as strange having another child after you got already 3 close in age. That's all.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Well, I'm not sure what's so wrong with it. Let me rephrase it then. If you were still married to the father of your other 3 already pretty grown-up children and no child of your sister's was involved, would you choose to have or adopt another one so many years later?
Sierra..I wasn't avoiding replying I had to go for a bit. lol
I thought maybe I misunderstood you because i've never known you to be unkind so that is why I asked. Now that I know what you mean I can answer your question properly.
THe answer is yes I would do it all over again regardless. I beleive a dad plays a very important role in a child's life and it would be hard to raise a child without a dad but if given the oportunity to I would of adopted him with or without one. I don't mind answering questions concerning his adoption at all I just wasn't sure what you meant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting