Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 10:53 AM

2,568 posts, read 6,750,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye02 View Post
Wyoquilter-Of course, the guy should use a condom. I'm not saying he shouldn't, I'm just saying sometimes chicks will lie that they are on bcp when they are not, thus making a guy think he is more protected then he actually is.
Oh those terrible girls and those poor boys. Here is a thought wait until you are married or in a committed relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 10:56 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,982,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
Oh those terrible girls and those poor boys. Here is a thought wait until you are married or in a committed relationship.
Exactly. Don't people know they need to protect themselves against far more insidious things than pregnancy anyway?

Old 02-16-2009, 11:01 AM

985 posts, read 2,600,642 times
Quote:
I agree completely, they should wait. Reality is, most don't, and there's really no way to force them to. Unless you have an idea how to make them keep it their pants?

Old 02-16-2009, 11:09 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
Oh and until you are at least in your early 20's and out of school, working full-time, and making a DECENT salary. Not necessarily planning for specifically a baby...but somewhat financially stable.

Protection is not 100% effective..."reduced risk" sex is a better term than "safe" sex.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:31 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,348,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I don't think that calling a pregnancy a "surprise" is ever appropriate. Call it an "accident". "Suprise" makes it seem like there's absolutely no personal responsibility there at all
True about responsibility but I think calling it a surprise is preferable because though it may not be planned, many people are pleased when it does happen, and "accident" kind of has a negative connotation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanandpumpkin View Post
Exactly. Don't people know they need to protect themselves against far more insidious things than pregnancy anyway?
Exactly! I have no sympathy for kids who are not using condoms.

BC prevents pregnancy, that is it.

Condoms prevent pregnancy, AND sexually transmitted diseases.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:38 AM

2,467 posts, read 4,860,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye02 View Post
I agree completely, they should wait. Reality is, most don't, and there's really no way to force them to. Unless you have an idea how to make them keep it their pants?

Old 02-16-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esya View Post
I disagree that "nobody needs to have sex". Sex is a basic human instinct just like eating, drinking, etc.
I disagree strongly. Sex may be a basic human instinct. But it cannot be compared to eating. Eating is necessary to survive, sex is clearly not. Anyone who thinks that sex is absolutely necessary for survival has serious issues.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
True about responsibility but I think calling it a surprise is preferable because though it may not be planned, many people are pleased when it does happen, and "accident" kind of has a negative connotation.
I corrected that because I agreed it didn't come out right. However, I stand by my view that for an unmarried couple "accident" is more appropriate.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:47 PM

515 posts, read 1,330,221 times
I totally agree with waiting until marriage/committed relationship.

I have no sympathy for boys and girls who jump into bed at 14,15,16 and get pregnant.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:48 PM

515 posts, read 1,330,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I disagree strongly. Sex may be a basic human instinct. But it cannot be compared to eating. Eating is necessary to survive, sex is clearly not. Anyone who thinks that sex is absolutely necessary for survival has serious issues.

Agree with this as well. You don't need sex. You aren't going to DIE without having it, therefore if you don't want to be pregnant and aren't responsible enough to use a condom or BC, you shouldn't have sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting