Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 07:02 PM

396 posts, read 1,034,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I come form the real world of real problems...

My friend told me about how he was taken away from his crackhead mom who would smoke crack with strangers off the stove and light herself on fire, beat him, have sex in front of him...real f-ed up s***.

So..sorry A kid being a little confused in the care of his dad confirming he is safe is not really worth tears to me.
I am so sorry that your friend had to go through all of that. I have a friend who adopted his nephew and has raised him as his own, because the mother did the same stuff, and the father was nowhere to be found.
Years later the kid is doing beyond well, and the mother has been in and out of jail and rehabs, and she gets a little sober time together, and has the nerve to try to get the courts to get her child back by making up lies about this man who has raised this child so beautifully... it's bad enough that she did all of those things to him, but that she has to keep taking the father to court and creating the stress is just selfish behavior. I could understand if she could show that she's sober for like, ten years, but I am talking months at a clip and then goes back out...
I find it to be so amazing that in this country you practically need a license to sneeze, but that anyone can have a child... just awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 08:09 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,064,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Very well said, and I agree 110%!

Sorry to all that disagree, but it WAS funny.

My DD had a horrible chest cold a few months ago, and her Ped called in 4 different scripts for her, and one of them was a codeine based cough syrup. About 30 mins after giving her the meds, she acted loopy like this kid, and hubby and I laughed our a**es off for 15mins or so with her. It was funny. It's no different than this video. We (us and this dad from the video) both knew our children were ok, and they were not in danger, but it's funny.

I'm not going to laugh if the kiddo falls down and had bones sticking out of her body, but if her meds cause her to be goofy and act funny, yup; that's worth laughing at.
That's great, if only they could see themselves. Good thing this dad got it on tape, too bad you didn't. Great for posterity or blackmail later in life.

When my brother got his wisdom teeth pulled, he was put under. My mother said that he was swinging around the lamp poles downtown when she was trying to get him to the car. Guess he thouht he was Gene Kelly. He was about 14. Couldn't have been his wisdom teeth, don't remember, but it was dental work. He denied it, of course, but Mother couldn't stop laughing.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:24 AM

2,856 posts, read 10,426,249 times
I dont think it's funny at all.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:18 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,623,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH02 View Post
I dont think it's funny at all.
Would you mind explaining further why you don't find it funny?

Also, can you give examples of things you do find funny.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:24 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,245,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
I admire your 'real world' view. In the 'real world' people have different opinions. It is OK...really.

I am going to wager, you don't have kids of your own to really pass any kind of judgement based on any kind experience...so much for your 'real world' view right? I am sure you know EXACTLY how it feels to watch your own kids being sedated for whatever reason...right?
That is great you find it amazingly funny to see a small child intoxicated. I find it people like you creepy...JMO though...which, in the "real world", I am entitled too...
What you dont have kids so you cant care about people..Whatever.

Laughing is creepy...ok...it reminded me of picking up my brother from the dentist. I find people like you sheltered and really sad for you that you can laugh about overcoming a problem or hardship after its over. Instead of be honest with yourself about why you felt negative about your child getting stitches, (maybe you felt it was your fault. You weren't there to prevent the problem which could of been worse) and you find that scary so you project the hatred/fear you have for yourself unto me and associate this state with the fear you grew from your perceived shortcomings as a parent.. Thanks!

You act like this is a video where someone gave the kid beer or something.
EVERYONE is funny when they come out of sedation.
And there is nothing creepy about laughing about goofy behavior.
WTF?

Old 02-18-2009, 10:32 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,245,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old biddie View Post
I am so sorry that your friend had to go through all of that. I have a friend who adopted his nephew and has raised him as his own, because the mother did the same stuff, and the father was nowhere to be found.
Years later the kid is doing beyond well, and the mother has been in and out of jail and rehabs, and she gets a little sober time together, and has the nerve to try to get the courts to get her child back by making up lies about this man who has raised this child so beautifully... it's bad enough that she did all of those things to him, but that she has to keep taking the father to court and creating the stress is just selfish behavior. I could understand if she could show that she's sober for like, ten years, but I am talking months at a clip and then goes back out...
I find it to be so amazing that in this country you practically need a license to sneeze, but that anyone can have a child... just awful.
The worst part of it was when was at that age of getting your "adult friendships" going he was accepting negative people into his life because he was conditioned to just accept louche behavior. At least he was lucky enough that his adoptive parents and adoptive bro did not put up with that and steered him away. I feel bad for your friends kid and hope he got the foundation that give him conviction in whats right and wrong. And someday maybe he will understand and not be affected by the madness that is an addict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting