U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 10:55 PM

2,383 posts, read 5,503,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
That's friggin' hilarious. I'd love to see footage on YouTube.
I asked him if anyone said anything to him (like in the Wal-Mart like an employee) and he said to me and I quote "No one wanted any of this! Who was going to say somethin'?"
It was funny and scarey all at the same time!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 12:09 AM

1,036 posts, read 2,652,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Unless it is done with consent by her boyfriend

Now Now we don't want to give them a fetish... ....

Old 02-23-2009, 12:31 AM

12,715 posts, read 11,601,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
Ok, so during the month of December I was interviewing security guards at some of the local middle and high schools and we were discussing spanking and schools and that sort of stuff. Well, one of the security guards said that he spanked his 20 year old son in the local Wal-Mart, for not coming home when he was supposed to. Apparently, it was over winter break, of 07, and his son had returned home from college and at his parent's house there is still a curfew that had to be followed. So, one night, the son stayed out all night and then called the dad (the security guard) the next morning to see if he could come pick him up from a young lady's house. The dad drove 45 minutes to pick his son up and then took him to the local Wal-Mart to spank him with a boat paddle!!! I could not believe my hears when I was listening to this story!!! I was shocked and just beside myself when he was telling me this!!! Spanked his son, in Wal-Mart, with a boat paddle!!! And his son was 20 years old!!!
I would've high-fived my son in the same situation, but that just shows everyone has different standards in their own homes.

If the kid knew what the rules were at dad's house and flouted them he deserved the paddling.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:38 AM

2,178 posts, read 8,073,393 times
When they get big enough to kick your butt, they are too old to spank.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:20 AM
iru

3 posts, read 18,281 times
7. and at 1 you should start poppen her hands and cheek by 2 bare bottom w/ paddle

Old 08-24-2009, 11:36 PM

11,334 posts, read 17,087,987 times
There is no age limit, when they learn to behave themselves they shouldn't be hit.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:46 AM

7,936 posts, read 13,859,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinmomma View Post

Here is my question: At what age should spanking stop?

It should never even start.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:47 AM

7,936 posts, read 13,859,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
There is no age limit, when they learn to behave themselves they shouldn't be hit.
Do you teach your kids to hit people when they don't like what they're doing? No? Sure you do, by "spanking" them, you're teaching them that you solve problems by hitting and that "might makes right."

You can discipline without hitting, you know.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:12 AM

756 posts, read 1,714,531 times
Each child will reach the point of "no-spanking" at different ages. My son didn't reach the age of "reason" (I don't want you to do that because.....) until 5 - no more spankings. My daughter reached it at age 3 1/2 or 4. I think much beyond the age of 5 or so their isn't much accomplished in the act. They know right from wrong and consequences at that point (or should) and if they choose wrong you should look at the underlying reasons. Spanking is ineffective at that point.

I can't tell you how many times my siblings and I were spanked for fighting in the car at all ages. We knew the consequences and yet would do it anyways. It was so silly on my Mom's part when I think back. She was always saying, "You get spanked everytime, why do you do it?" I think, "you spanked us everytime and yet we continued to do it. Why did you continue to spank us when it was so clearly ineffective?"

Take responsibility for your childrens behavior. I always make sure my children have colors or something in the car (or suggest playing games such as I Spy) to keep them occupied and redirected. If you know your children get sleepy or cranky at a certain time, don't take them out shopping with you during said time.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:18 AM

14,253 posts, read 15,324,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Do you teach your kids to hit people when they don't like what they're doing? No? Sure you do, by "spanking" them, you're teaching them that you solve problems by hitting and that "might makes right."

You can discipline without hitting, you know.
I think hitting kids is more an avenue for parents to vent their own frustration rather than an effective way of disciplining children. I always found that a raised voice was effective enough with mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting