Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 01:35 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,069,179 times

Advertisements

At 15 I only can dream about her going back to 5. Or before even. We had so much fun and it was so much simpler. I even took out one of her cute pictures when she was 3 in her Easter Dress that had ruffles and lace with her hair in doggie ears and put it on the fridge. I am preparing for moving and I had her memory box out the other night. When I picked up the dress the jingle bells rung that I sewed into the hem. She ask me if I bought it that way and I told her I put them in cause I thought it was so cute. She looked at me like I was out of my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 01:41 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,452,635 times
Ooooohhh okpondlady, it's just a stage, just a stage... She's going to need you when she will face questions of life, men, relationships....

Old 09-02-2010, 03:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,419 times
This might be selfish of me but I miss the adoration you see in their eyes when they see you. Now my son is 17 and my daughter is 10 and I sometimes feel I don't know them anymore.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:42 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,164 times
My kids are 7 almost 2 1/2 and 10 months. I am right in the middle of it with two of my kids and while I will miss the cuteness, I much prefer my son's age. I like it more when they are independent, sleeping thought the night and potty trained.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:18 AM

1 posts, read 895 times
I desparately miss my boys being small. They are 9 and 13 now, and have lost all innocence about the world. They are pretty self-sufficient, and honestly don't need me much other than for problems. I don't know how to like any of the things that they do, and they are often much smarter than me about things. They can talk rings around me. I am intimidated by them often. I feel like I have no place in our home, and no purpose in life.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:24 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabitha1968 View Post
I desparately miss my boys being small. They are 9 and 13 now, and have lost all innocence about the world. They are pretty self-sufficient, and honestly don't need me much other than for problems. I don't know how to like any of the things that they do, and they are often much smarter than me about things. They can talk rings around me. I am intimidated by them often. I feel like I have no place in our home, and no purpose in life.
You need to find yourself a good therapist. ...because you should not be intimidated by your own young sons or feel like you have no place in the family. This has nothing to do with the fact they are 9 and 13...

Old 10-31-2014, 11:33 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,754,455 times
I miss the cuteness (and mine were extra cute, of course ) but not the work. I'm glad mine are raised and soon to be on their own. I'm tired!

If I feel a need to be around cuteness, I can always volunteer for the nursery at church or something. But really, I'm too tired for that too! (especially since other people's kids are just not as cute as mine were) LOL

Old 10-31-2014, 12:45 PM

3,167 posts, read 4,002,048 times
I do miss those years. My child is 5 and is my only one (ever). We went from everyone loving him and taking care of him in preschool and before, always saying how cute he was, to the depressing, sterile public school system, where so far as I can tell all the teachers see is little walking test scores, and I don't see him for 8 hours at a time.

Old 10-31-2014, 12:52 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnseca View Post
I do miss those years. My child is 5 and is my only one (ever). We went from everyone loving him and taking care of him in preschool and before, always saying how cute he was, to the depressing, sterile public school system, where so far as I can tell all the teachers see is little walking test scores, and I don't see him for 8 hours at a time.
Really? None of his teachers know his name or anything?

Old 10-31-2014, 01:07 PM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,082 times
my daughter is 8. I enjoy every single moment with her. But still when I go through the photo's of age 1 or 2 I feel like this age is so cute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting