Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 08:36 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,891,469 times

Advertisements

The thought of consuming the same substance as your own menstrual blood is nothing less than REVOLTING. I see this as a form of cannibalism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 10:58 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,550,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
I SO apologize, but I am the mother of 7 children (ages 25 to age 7), and NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER (did I say NEVER)??? - has it EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER crossed my mind to be cooking my placenta or dehydrating it or mincing it or grating it, etc. Sorry, but the mental image of what I've typed so far is beyond sickening, but I am compelled to finish this post while holding back the urge to throw up profusely.

Fine, you (in general) want to plant your placenta, your sh*t, your urine somewhere, that's fine. Plant it under a tree, a rock, under your bed or pillow, plant it anywhere you want and be done with it. This does not mean that other innocent people want to eat your placenta.

Also, a placenta is NOT an organ, it is AFTERBIRTH. And even it it was, (which it is NOT), an organ of an animal is more palatable to me than some woman's placenta. Not all people eat organs of animals or even animals. Why does this psycho woman think that her placenta is so special? Also, I read her poor excuses of why her placenta is so munch-worthy, and truthfully, I'm calling it as I see it - she's full of it.

God help me, but if I was ever served something like this by some psycho (like this woman) - I hope that the temporary insanity plea would hold up in a court of law.

There is no way that you will convince me that this action of cooking one's placenta and serving it to another human being, guest or not, is NORMAL. I'm all for people doing their own thing. Do it in private; don't subject innocent people to it.
Nobody is here trying to convince you of anything. Placenta is an organ...look it up. Everbody in that article knew exactly what they were eating. So your mental image of people cooking up human organs and dishing them to unknowing crowds of people is disturbing...and has nothing to do with this aricle. They did do it in the privacy of their own home. Why do you feel the need to call people names (psycho) because they practice different rituals in their lives? How closed minded and shallow...Nobody has to agree with what she did...no need to name call. I am sure their are other parts of this world who practice this with normalcy...probably for thousands of years...I guess they are all psychos too right? Just because you did not do it, or would never, or would vomit at the mental image does not make her a psycho. If you knew anything about it, googled it or researched it for 5 mins...you would know that it does have some health benifits to mothers who recently birthed babies...

OH and here is a link that clearly states that placenta is indeed an organ...

Human placenta as an endocrine organ. [Growth Horm IGF Res. 2003] - PubMed Result

Old 04-22-2009, 12:24 PM

2,839 posts, read 9,979,824 times
Quote:
I SO apologize, but I am the mother of 7 children (ages 25 to age 7), and NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER (did I say NEVER)??? - has it EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER crossed my mind to be cooking my placenta or dehydrating it or mincing it or grating it, etc. Sorry, but the mental image of what I've typed so far is beyond sickening, but I am compelled to finish this post while holding back the urge to throw up profusely.

Fine, you (in general) want to plant your placenta, your sh*t, your urine somewhere, that's fine. Plant it under a tree, a rock, under your bed or pillow, plant it anywhere you want and be done with it. This does not mean that other innocent people want to eat your placenta.

Also, a placenta is NOT an organ, it is AFTERBIRTH. And even it it was, (which it is NOT), an organ of an animal is more palatable to me than some woman's placenta. Not all people eat organs of animals or even animals. Why does this psycho woman think that her placenta is so special? Also, I read her poor excuses of why her placenta is so munch-worthy, and truthfully, I'm calling it as I see it - she's full of it.

God help me, but if I was ever served something like this by some psycho (like this woman) - I hope that the temporary insanity plea would hold up in a court of law.

There is no way that you will convince me that this action of cooking one's placenta and serving it to another human being, guest or not, is NORMAL. I'm all for people doing their own thing. Do it in private; don't subject innocent people to it.
I believe that only the woman and her sister (who was fully aware of what she was eating, as she COOKED it) ingested the placenta. It's not as though she served it at a dinner party. She DID do it in private. I admit that posting pics on Facebook was a little weird, but she didn't FEED it to the people that she knows on Facebook. She didn't hide it in a meatloaf and feed it to her family and friends. I'm sure you didn't accidentally ingest any of it. Chill out.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:23 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
That is disgusting. I did think it was nice though when people would plant the placenta in the ground with a tree and that tree was the child's. the child knew that the tree was planted for them the day they were born and I liked that, although I never did it.

I can see it now, new at McDonalds, McPlacenta Sandwich, 2 all placenta patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles onions on a sesame seed bun!

Old 04-22-2009, 06:39 PM

650 posts, read 2,178,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
That is disgusting. I did think it was nice though when people would plant the placenta in the ground with a tree and that tree was the child's. the child knew that the tree was planted for them the day they were born and I liked that, although I never did it.

I can see it now, new at McDonalds, McPlacenta Sandwich, 2 all placenta patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles onions on a sesame seed bun!
Puh-lease!

Old 04-25-2009, 04:45 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,204,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
Nobody is here trying to convince you of anything. Placenta is an organ...look it up. Everbody in that article knew exactly what they were eating. So your mental image of people cooking up human organs and dishing them to unknowing crowds of people is disturbing...and has nothing to do with this aricle. They did do it in the privacy of their own home. Why do you feel the need to call people names (psycho) because they practice different rituals in their lives? How closed minded and shallow...Nobody has to agree with what she did...no need to name call. I am sure their are other parts of this world who practice this with normalcy...probably for thousands of years...I guess they are all psychos too right? Just because you did not do it, or would never, or would vomit at the mental image does not make her a psycho. If you knew anything about it, googled it or researched it for 5 mins...you would know that it does have some health benifits to mothers who recently birthed babies...

OH and here is a link that clearly states that placenta is indeed an organ...

Human placenta as an endocrine organ. [Growth Horm IGF Res. 2003] - PubMed Result

Your pseudo-intellectualism and snide remarks are not making a dent in negating how repulsive I find this psycho. Yes, making someone eat her placenta deems her as psycho in my book and in the book of most people who are not deranged. I have no compunction about saying that and fully meaning it 100%.

Last edited by Donna7; 04-25-2009 at 04:57 AM..

Old 04-25-2009, 05:45 AM

650 posts, read 2,178,887 times
Quote:
Your pseudo-intellectualism and snide remarks are not making a dent in negating how repulsive I find this psycho. Yes, making someone eat her placenta deems her as psycho in my book and in the book of most people who are not deranged. I have no compunction about saying that and fully meaning it 100%.
She didn't MAKE anyone eat it. The people who ate it knew full well what it was and what they were consuming! I think it is gross when people choose to eat liver and make it for their children. That doesn't make the people who do it "psycho" or "deranged". Just because YOU don't agree doesn't make it wrong.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:11 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,979,824 times
Quote:
She did not make anyone eat her placenta. Where are you getting this from?

Holding someone down and forcing them to eat one's placenta would definitely be classified as psycho in my book as well. Cooking up a placenta and serving it to unwitting people as chicken or beef would also be rather deranged.

Eating YOUR OWN placenta, or knowingly eating someone else's, though, is just a choice. Not a choice you or I may make, but a valid choice nonetheless. I can think of a LOT of choices that other people make that I personally find gross, but that does not make them "psycho" or "deranged."

Old 04-25-2009, 07:30 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,891,469 times
Okay, time out!

To summarize this thread:
1. Placenta eating by people is considered disgusting by majority of people.
2. The placenta is full of nutrients, thus the reason for eating it in the first place.
3. Everyone has a choice to consume placenta, provided it is with full knowledge and disclosure that such person is consuming a placenta.
4. Choice is GOOD!

Before everyone starts flinging each other with placentas, I thought I'd call a truce!

Now, if this is not enough, carry on then! (Ducking to avoid flying placentas!)

Old 04-25-2009, 08:28 AM

1,636 posts, read 4,227,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanandpumpkin View Post
She did not make anyone eat her placenta. Where are you getting this from?

Holding someone down and forcing them to eat one's placenta would definitely be classified as psycho in my book as well. Cooking up a placenta and serving it to unwitting people as chicken or beef would also be rather deranged.

Eating YOUR OWN placenta, or knowingly eating someone else's, though, is just a choice. Not a choice you or I may make, but a valid choice nonetheless. I can think of a LOT of choices that other people make that I personally find gross, but that does not make them "psycho" or "deranged."

I think the person ONLY read the first post and NOT the article???? The article says the woman and her SISTER????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting