Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 05:44 PM

100 posts, read 406,898 times

Advertisements

I just have a quick question for mother's here? If you found out the father of your children was involved with any kind of pedophilia, would you still allow him to be apart of their lives? Would you even go as far to even reporting it to the police? Most of you would say no, and I would report it, but what if this man is your primary breadwinner and supports the whole family? You have got to think about the situation.

Also why is it that most pedophiles or sex offenders are white men. I did a study and they say that there is a huge disparity between white men who commit acts that would label them as a pedophile and other ethnic groups out there who do the same thing. Not trying to start anything, but if you want a visual example all you have to do is watch some episodes of TCAP....at least 90% of the people they catch on-line are white men.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:07 PM

841 posts, read 4,828,397 times
Wow, to scapegoat my kids just because the pedophile is the breadwinner is insane. I'd rather take my kids to a friend's house, shelter, whatever it takes to get them away from a pedophile. Looking the other way is what makes incest a generational and societal tragedy. Do you know how many personal, social, familial issues are caused by incest? To be privy to such criminal acts and ignore it or pretend it's not happening is crazy. Downright cruel and negligent.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:17 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,334,257 times
After a couple of responses my guess is the poster will eventually turn this into a race issue....see the post on "Why are Caucasians not creative in naming their children"......the clue is the second paragraph.

Last edited by maciesmom; 04-17-2009 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: re thought my words

Old 04-17-2009, 06:18 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,426,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenourtv View Post
I did a study and they say that there is a huge disparity between white men who commit acts that would label them as a pedophile and other ethnic groups out there who do the same thing. Not trying to start anything, but if you want a visual example all you have to do is watch some episodes of TCAP....at least 90% of the people they catch on-line are white men.
I'm not sure what the study's definition of pedophilia is, but most of the men entrapped on TCAP are probably not pedophiles. A pedophile is a person pathologically attracted to preadolescents, not teenagers; and a person can be diagnosed a pedophile without ever having acted on the impulse. Also, a person who molests a child, even a preadolescent one, may not be a pedophile in the clinical sense; people occasionally molest children for reasons other than a pathological sexual attraction.

As for the differences between white and other men in this regard, I have no idea. From browsing sex offender lists, it always seemed to me that the races were approximately equally distributed compared to their numbers in the population, but I haven't actually gone and counted them.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:22 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,056,061 times
There is absolutely no way I would subject my child to a pedophile especially if it was their father. There is no way, breadwinner or not. For some man to have FREE REIGN to abuse my child is just not acceptable.

My mother acts like my ex-husband is terrible. BUT as far as I know he has NEVER done anything to hurt our children in any way. It is just a basic prejudice against him because she honestly thinks he was abusive to me... but he wasn't. If he had not only would I go to any extent to make SURE he never did it again.. I would probably rip out his heart and feed it to him.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:48 PM

28,896 posts, read 53,939,958 times
Quote:
I just have a quick question for mother's here? If you found out the father of your children was involved with any kind of pedophilia, would you still allow him to be apart of their lives? Would you even go as far to even reporting it to the police? Most of you would say no, and I would report it, but what if this man is your primary breadwinner and supports the whole family? You have got to think about the situation.

Also why is it that most pedophiles or sex offenders are white men. I did a study and they say that there is a huge disparity between white men who commit acts that would label them as a pedophile and other ethnic groups out there who do the same thing. Not trying to start anything, but if you want a visual example all you have to do is watch some episodes of TCAP....at least 90% of the people they catch on-line are white men.
Well, YOU did a study. That settles it. As in you're a Ph.D. using double-blind methods? Or are you hanging out at the Man/Boy Love Club and taking a census? Don't make me laugh.

As a side note, my wife's uncle molested both his daughters and flashed various nieces. Yet the family tolerated it and didn't send him to jail. If it were my daughter, I would have cut off his balls with a spoon that I sharpened on the driveway.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:48 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,868,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
After a couple of responses my guess is the poster will eventually turn this into a race issue....see the post on "Why are Caucasians not creative in naming their children"......the clue is the second paragraph.
Many of xenos posts are race-driven. You hit the nail on the head.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:54 PM

28,896 posts, read 53,939,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisdol View Post
Many of xenos posts are race-driven. You hit the nail on the head.
Yes indeedy. Something makes me wonder why he's so obsessed by the subject. Heck, maybe he's taking notes for future use.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:09 PM

756 posts, read 2,211,537 times
Quote:

Please provide facts and show us the source of your statistics from a credible source.

I think you are trolling.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:12 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,334,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, YOU did a study. That settles it. As in you're a Ph.D. using double-blind methods? Or are you hanging out at the Man/Boy Love Club and taking a census? Don't make me laugh.
What are you talking about??? He DID watch TCAP after all...what more do you want?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting