U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 01:11 PM

12,172 posts, read 15,053,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Cotillion classes are a must my dear. They will learn the proper way to sit, wear white gloves and the proper shoes w/ their dresses starting out very early. They will also learn the proper way to set a table, cut their food, eat, place their butter knife, etc. Even learn how to dance with a boy. The boys are taught how to offer their hand to the girls for a dance, ask if they would like some punch and to serve it to them. The skill of the proper curtsy is also taught.

Other than that you can start at home by serving them sweet iced tea everyday, cucumber or tomato tea sandwiches are a must.

And then do not forget the VERY most important rule of ALL good Southern women. Always be in charge. There is a very fine art of knowing how to make the man in your life feel that he is the one in control when in fact it is the wife.
You're talking about "Southern Manipulation" where the woman thinks she is in control and ends up looking like a sweet-mouthed sneak. Oh yes, the rest of the country is stupid but you southern gals are way ahead of the curve.

OP, teach your children to respect others and they in turn will be respected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 01:21 PM

14,874 posts, read 36,360,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
momof2- good catch. I usually look at the original posting date to see if anyone still cares. I missed this one. I don't know why people bother to dig up old threads like that.
There has been a rash of very, very OLD threads resurrected lately. Weird ones at that.

What I'm finding amusing are the people that are going off in both directions taking it to the extreme. It's like, HELLOOOOOOOO, it was a TROLL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
You're talking about "Southern Manipulation" where the woman thinks she is in control and ends up looking like a sweet-mouthed sneak. Oh yes, the rest of the country is stupid but you southern gals are way ahead of the curve.

OP, teach your children to respect others and they in turn will be respected.

Whoosh............. another one that let it go right over their head

People, the OP WAS A TROLL!

And my comment that was originally made was NOT what you people are thinking of. I'm NOT talking about "manipulation" or now being referred to as "Southern Manipulation".

Oh well.......... I'm off. My man let me off my chain and I've got to go get my nails done now that I sneaked around and got some money from him to go and do so after I told him I'd do something else.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or