U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 03:51 PM

3,842 posts, read 9,267,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
But yes, I adore my baby and would love to share the cute things she does as often as possible. Everyone does. It's normal
No, it's not normal. It's annoying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 03:53 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,668,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Here's a word for the list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T R O L L

Your list right?

Funny, all (but two) of the people that are having trouble with this thread and any of my others are those that loooooooooooooove to argue and contradict and bash and judge and TROLL themselves. Funny.

I have no respect for you.

I do however for Sampaguita and Skahar. Much different kinds of people.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:53 PM

3,107 posts, read 8,058,874 times
Quote:
I don't need to feel better remember? You all think I believe myself to be above all of you, remember?

I'm just using it as a quote or a source just like anyone else using the internet.

There are no "smilies" for this conversation.
First of all, I sincerely think it's wonderful that your baby is doing so well in verbal communication and no where did I say that I think you are above me. Please.

My point is that you bumped up another thread that discusses speech delays in children several months older than your own. It had absolutely no relevance.

You call it a source - a source for what?

Old 05-01-2009, 03:54 PM

3,842 posts, read 9,267,639 times
Quote:
Your list right?

Funny, all (but two) of the people that are having trouble with this thread and any of my others are those that loooooooooooooove to argue and contradict and bash and judge and TROLL themselves. Funny.

Oh, no....Really?

I feel so inadequate.

Please, carry on with your free assistance & healthcare & superiority over the human race.

You are a troll. Loud & clear.

Classy move on bumping up the other thread!

Old 05-01-2009, 03:57 PM

3,107 posts, read 8,058,874 times
Quote:
Your list right?

Thanks for that (I think). But I really felt you showed disrespect for Skahar by bumping up the other thread.

That thread was one that obviously showed parents with concerns for speech development while this one has devolved from being "how many words does your 1 yr old have" to well, not sure what it's become. The two just aren't related. Maybe I just see it differently.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
Thanks for that (I think). But I really felt you showed disrespect for Skahar by bumping up the other thread.

That thread was one that obviously showed parents with concerns for speech development while this one has devolved. The two just aren't related. Maybe I just see it differently.

I do see it differently but that doesn't mean that it is true or isn't. I sent a direct message to her about it.

I just think it is bull that I am proud of my choices and confident and am bashed for it. I can be confident and proud and still not think my child is better than any of yours or that I am a better parent. I don't think that and that is all I can say. No matter how hard you try to read into it, it is just YOUR interpretation. Just like an artist's work. You might see anger and the artist might have been very happy indeed. It's all in how you read. Maybe I'm just abstract. Now hold on a minute, don't go thinking I'm saying your aren't abstract and you are simple just because I am the opposite

Old 05-01-2009, 04:07 PM

2,212 posts, read 4,509,842 times
Quote:
I don't think any of us are going to repeat that. We are not doing that. I was just curious. Asking for facts isn't a bad thing. Just wanted to know. I actually thought it was funny how the doctor and articles say "average." I never liked when people use average a statistic. I like the MODE much better. It shows what is really going on. Heck, one kid out there could be speaking like 9837459347597345937 words by 12 months and what does THAT say for the average?
I just think we need to stop with this constant keep up with the Jones' mentality. I did that with my first child and am so much more relaxed now that I have jumped off the comparison train with my second. There are times when it's medically necessary to find out what's going on. There's others where you just have to smile and nod and let the other parent ramble on about the fabulousness of their kid and not take it to heart or get sucked in.

My oldest was not cute when she was little. I sat in awe of her cousins who were truly Gerber beautiful. I loved my daughter but she was definitely not going to win any sort of beautiful baby prize. Fast forward 6 years and she is drop-dead gorgeous. People literally stop in the middle of the mall or a store and tell her how pretty she is. Her cousins? Not. Fix the things you can change and adapt to those you can't.

If your kid isn't talking at the "normal" stage, perhaps they will master potty training in a weekend. If they aren't reading at grade level, perhaps they will have great hand/eye coordination. Few kids are perfect at everything. Those who are "genius" smart usually grow up to be totally bizarre adults.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
I just think we need to stop with this constant keep up with the Jones' mentality. I did that with my first child and am so much more relaxed now that I have jumped off the comparison train with my second. There are times when it's medically necessary to find out what's going on. There's others where you just have to smile and nod and let the other parent ramble on about the fabulousness of their kid and not take it to heart or get sucked in.

My oldest was not cute when she was little. I sat in awe of her cousins who were truly Gerber beautiful. I loved my daughter but she was definitely not going to win any sort of beautiful baby prize. Fast forward 6 years and she is drop-dead gorgeous. People literally stop in the middle of the mall or a store and tell her how pretty she is. Her cousins? Not. Fix the things you can change and adapt to those you can't.

If your kid isn't talking at the "normal" stage, perhaps they will master potty training in a weekend. If they aren't reading at grade level, perhaps they will have great hand/eye coordination. Few kids are perfect at everything. Those who are "genius" smart usually grow up to be totally bizarre adults.

Well thank god my kid isn't a REAL genius then, lol

Still, I'm not a Jones and I don't think anyone on here is either. Just curious that's all.

If my thread makes someone feel bad they should go somewhere else. Those that want to answer should answer. Same with any thread I guess

Old 05-01-2009, 04:33 PM

758 posts, read 1,601,136 times
I am not upset that you bumped the other thread because it doesn't clash with anything I've said here. I was asking for support from people who had "been there, done that" in regards to late talking. It is different because I wanted help. I wasn't just saying "my kid does wonderful things, how bout yours". But we'll have to agree to disagree on this one I guess.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:43 PM

1,577 posts, read 3,276,001 times
my kids didn't talk till late. I think at most they were saying "baba" for the bottle. I can't recall anything else or if it was even that early they were saying that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting