U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 06:38 PM

2,466 posts, read 4,212,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Do you consider it likely that all the "educated" people on CD also happen to be "pediphiles" (which you can't even spell.) Or could there be some other explanation that might be eluding you--like that uneducated people simply don't know what they are talking about?
No, I do not consider it likely, that all educated people on CD are "pedophiles" just a certain couple. Like I said, giving the number of registered posters on CD, there is a good chance that there are at least several pedophiles roaming around these boards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 06:46 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,664,942 times
Quote:
Cut off for what, precisely? Moral disapproval? Losing their job? Probation? Prison? What exactly are we talking about?

YOUR cut off Mr Djacques? What is YOUR cut off? If a ready and willing child wants to have sex with you at what age would YOU NOT HAVE SEX WITH THEM?

Old 04-30-2009, 06:58 PM

12,715 posts, read 11,239,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
YOUR cut off Mr Djacques? What is YOUR cut off? If a ready and willing child wants to have sex with you at what age would YOU NOT HAVE SEX WITH THEM?
15 is the age at which I would not have sex with them, since I am a law-abiding person, and 16 is the age of consent in my state.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:02 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,452,343 times
18 years old is the age of consent in the State of Arizona

Old 04-30-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
15 is the age at which I would not have sex with them, since I am a law-abiding person, and 16 is the age of consent in my state.

So you DO go by law? I'm confused on your stance then. This woman had sex with a 10 year old on TWO different occasions. Yet you argue for her defense? That IS against the law!

So law is the ONLY thing that keeps you from having sex with a child? So what if their was no law? At what age would you NOT have sex with a child?

What if you were a teacher? Would you have sex with a student? What if the student was 16?

Old 04-30-2009, 07:04 PM

756 posts, read 1,949,956 times
Quote:

But when I meet people with loud opinions from what I call the Oprah-Dr. Phil-WalMart demographic, it just seems to happen.
What exactly do you mean by this statement? Very curious? Walmart demographic?

Old 04-30-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcfamily View Post
I think he means the people who shop for bargains and don't want to drive 30 minutes to the Whole Foods

I live in a $150,000 home, have a bachelors and can't spell and there are homes a block away that go for $400,000 and I see those homeowners at Walmart often. . . . . . .

Old 04-30-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
So you DO go by law? I'm confused on your stance then. This woman had sex with a 10 year old on TWO different occasions. Yet you argue for her defense?
If that is what she did, there are legal consequences. That doesn't mean I think she is an inhuman gargoyle, that she ought to be hanged, etc. but yes, she broke the law. I wouldn't favor a decades-long sentence, if it were my decision, but perhaps a few years and a lifetime ban from teaching.

Quote:
What if you were a teacher? Would you have sex with a student? What if the student was 16?
A man actually did that in my state in 2003. He didn't know that in 2002, the lame duck session of the Michigan legislature had raised the age of consent from 16 to 18. When they were caught, he had no idea he was breaking the law, and he was facing a 6-15 year sentence in prison. He hung himself on the morning he was to be sentenced. Put yourself in the place of his "victim"--do you think her life has been made better by this change in the law?

To answer your question, yes I do "go by the law." I obey the law, mainly from self-interest, unless the law is so immoral as to require passive resistance of some sort. So no, I would not sleep with a student under age 18, as it is a crime (since 2002).

Old 04-30-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcfamily View Post
I mean trashy, uneducated people.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:10 PM

21,168 posts, read 22,204,257 times
I believe he is referring to the great "uneducated" masses....remember djacques has a CJ degree which means he and his opinions are much, much more informed than any of the rest of us poor, "unenlightened" folk can hope for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting