Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 07:49 PM

458 posts, read 1,355,749 times

Advertisements

My daughter is leaving tomorrow morning at 3am for a plane. She is graduating grade 10 with honors and is leaving to go out west for a great opportunity and will be gone until she graduates. I am a mess. I will not lie I cried like an idiot, she was strong. I used to be strong and not show emotion or cry but now as she leaves I am a mess. I thought I would have until she is 18 but that was shortened. After she is finished HS she plans to go to London England to finish her education. She is so smart and so bright, but she is older beyond her years and I feel like I missed something somewhere if that makes sense.

I am letting my baby girl go and it is so hard right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 07:54 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,066,982 times
((((((((hugs)))))))))

Old 05-22-2009, 07:56 PM

Thank you Stormy night that is what I needed.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:59 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,066,982 times
You're very welcome.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:01 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belinda_Cooperstone1 View Post
My daughter is leaving tomorrow morning at 3am for a plane. She is graduating grade 10 with honors and is leaving to go out west for a great opportunity and will be gone until she graduates. I am a mess. I will not lie I cried like an idiot, she was strong. I used to be strong and not show emotion or cry but now as she leaves I am a mess. I thought I would have until she is 18 but that was shortened. After she is finished HS she plans to go to London England to finish her education. She is so smart and so bright, but she is older beyond her years and I feel like I missed something somewhere if that makes sense.

You must be a tremendous mom to have given her the foundation to have reached such heights at such a young age. You gave her wings, you were selfless to have let her go. So amid your tears, give yourself hugs for the great job that you have done (and will continue doing, even if long-distance!)

Old 05-22-2009, 08:07 PM

HIF you just made me blubber like an idiot. Everything right now makes me cry, my daughter is so smart and wise you could sit and talk to her like a friend, mind you she has always been my daughter first, but there have been times when no titles were involved and we were so open about everything. But I know she will be able to do even better with her education and allow her dreams to come true. As a mother you always want more time.

Thank you for your kind words.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:14 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
what a lucky mom you are that she is smart, brave and wants to experience what life has to offer. you will miss her like crazy I am sure. I was living away from my daughter the last year of her high school it was hard but you adjust. I think it would be hard to have the empty nest now matter if they stayed longer or not. find things to do that make you happy, that will occupy your time. your daughter wants you to be happy too. this can be a great time for you you just have to adjust to it. hugs for you

Old 05-22-2009, 08:19 PM

14 posts, read 142,854 times
I am so sorry you are hurting!! And I know exactly what you mean, as a mother, a lifetime is not enough. I'll be thinking about you!!

Old 05-22-2009, 08:40 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,909,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belinda_Cooperstone1 View Post

Well-you gave her the foundation to pursue her dreams. You did not miss anything, you gave her the opportunity and the attention she needed to get to this place.

It is really hard to allow parenting to be about THEM, and not about US. You have done that, which is commendable.

CYBERHUGS!!!!

Old 05-22-2009, 08:56 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,581,754 times
Kudos to you for raising such a responsible and smart young lady. I'm sure she'll make you proud

It's only natural that you're feeling this way but it will get easier. Besides pat yourself on the back, you did FANTASTIC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting