Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 05:58 PM

1,747 posts, read 3,011,282 times

Advertisements

Psssst Booker... read the entire thread. Mom came back with more details about half an hour ago. Now that she's had time to think about it and ponder the input from our fellow C-Ders, she's come to a new conclusion. Surely, you don't honestly think her initial reaction is enough to revoke her parenting license?

Old 05-11-2009, 06:06 PM

458 posts, read 1,355,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker_one View Post
i really hope you are joking...and if you are not i hope the principal of the school runs you out of there as fast as you walked in. i have always said that some people should not be allowed to breed and you have just proved my point. you are really teaching your child a great lesson here. no wonder the little #$%$ thinks it is ok to pee on a tree....his mom is taking up for him. ridiculous!!!!
I suppose you were a little angel when you were a kid? Never once whipped it out to pee behind a tree as a child or man? You do not have the right to judge this mother on this one point alone. If it occurred on a regular bases where her child pee's where ever, when ever then yes perhaps a little warning would be warranted. But your harsh words, and calling a child a name just goes to show which one here should not be breeding IMHO

Old 05-11-2009, 06:18 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,056,190 times
Not that I am coming to the defense here because I agree urinating on the schoolyard is disgusting. During recess( atleast at the local schools here) your not allowed to go to use the restroom.So if you were out on the playground and was about to pee yourself you are basicly screwed. If I was stuck in that predicament I would probably find a tree somewhere off to the side and go privately to.I would only do this in an emergency case though.Atleast this child had the common decency to be as private as possible about it.As his mother has stated it's not like he does it on a regular basis, it was an emergency.If you were in his shoes would you want to return from recess with wet pants? Or have to be the parent that would have to wash those wet pants? I think you guys should cut his mother a little slack here.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:20 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I just got a phone call from the school to pick up my 9 son who was suspended for peeing on a tree during recess. IMO this is a bit too much for what he did.

Thoughts? I think this is way over the top and was going to go to the principal tomorrow because I just don't think it is right.....
My first concern was that you didn't think it was right for him to get suspended for that. Thankfully, you have taken the advice of the other posters. Kids will be kids, but they have to know consequence or they'll never learn what's appropriate and what's not.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:30 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
My first concern was that you didn't think it was right for him to get suspended for that. Thankfully, you have taken the advice of the other posters. Kids will be kids, but they have to know consequence or they'll never learn what's appropriate and what's not.
Just a little history; the main reason I thought the school over-reacted was that my son has been hit three times by bullies. Not only was nothing done by the school, I wasn't even called.

My thought was he should have been sent to the principal's office, sent home for the day and have a stern talking to and grounding by mom and dad.

But I can see from everyone's posts I am definitely in the minority, and people have made some great points, so thanks (to most of you )

Old 05-11-2009, 06:41 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,338,402 times
This will not be the last time that your son pees against a tree. Hopefully, it will be the last time at school. To put it in perspective, no one died and no one was injured and he will get over this. Just make sure that it is not part of his permanent record, which is usually the case in an out of school suspension. It is easy to prove what he did, but your frustration at the bullies is a real concern. What you might not know is that in school today, it is difficult to prove bullying because of due process. The principal must have collaboration from other students, who usually do not want to snitch. As a parent, it is not easy and is very frustrating. I hope everything works out. Just stay on top of as much as you can to protect your son.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:59 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
No, he was suspended for peeing on a tree, that is the suspension notice and how the principal discussed it with me.

And thanks Belinda for the support. Yes, my son knows better than to pee in public!
I bet most of us have done the occasional thoughtless thing as a kid. I know I did, and worse than peeing on a tree, too. If a kid is otherwise a good egg, this is not the end of the world. Of course the school was right to punish him, and I'm sure you will take care of things at home, but just chalk one up to the (no offense) dumb things that kids can do from time to time.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:04 PM

758 posts, read 1,871,515 times
Exactly! That should be the next thread, dumb things our kids have done that they know better than to do. I bet we could have ten pages in one day!

Old 05-11-2009, 08:13 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Well his actions ain't appropriate, but the OVER REACTION here is absolutely stunning.

Good grief people, it is a perfectly normal bodily function, and no one has even bothered to ask if he had asked to go to the bathroom and been told no.

And the adults here that are into name calling and acting like a 9 year old on a school yard during recess should be totally ashamed of themselves. Being over 21 does not mean you are responsible adult, that is determined by your actions which some here should be totally ashamed of.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:15 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Wonder if he can write his name in the snow? Boys use to brag about doing that.....50 years ago when people still had a sense of humor about children and weren't so uptight about little boys that they turned a "naughty" action into a criminal one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting