Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 03:56 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,272,380 times

Advertisements

Three cheers for the school! Hope the boy( and his family) learn well from it.

Old 05-11-2009, 04:04 PM

1,122 posts, read 2,315,147 times
Not just peeing in public but also baring himself in public at the school. I bet every little girls parents would be mortified to hear this. Where did you son learn that this was appropriate? At nine years old he doesn't know the difference? I remember when my son was two he did that in the yard...and learned that very minute not to do it again.

The ONLY reason this would be acceptable is if the teachers are not allowing to go to the restroom. I bet they wouldn't do it to him again!

Old 05-11-2009, 04:19 PM

546 posts, read 1,678,182 times
A 9 year old boy knows full well that that type of behavior is inappropriate. and if he honestly does not then he is missing some vital lessons from home. There are bathrooms he has easy access to on the school grounds, and a 9 year old boy knows how to hold it, so no excuse.

The school did not overreact, they did the proper thing. I think you need to look outside the subjective view and see what's going on. And I think it's high time you had a serious talk with your son about appropriate behavior in public settings.

Old 05-11-2009, 04:32 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,719,633 times
I'm curious to know how long he was suspended for, but I think he deserved to be suspended. I agree that if he were a new kindergartner I might cut him some slack. Plus, I can't imagine that peeing on a tree is good for the tree.

I think it's best that he learns while he's young.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:26 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,732,889 times
Interesting to hear your thoughts and thank you. Yes he is absolutely old enough to know better, and he has become very modest, so I am quite surprised he did this. He was suspended for today and tomorrow, and must spend the rest of the week in the principal's office during any recess or fun time.

I know my son, and it was a very stupid mistake. Every once in awhile, he will be playing forget about the bathroom and the urge is so quick he can't hold it. This is very rare, but does happen. He absolutely learned his lesson and am sure it won't happen again.

He didn't do it in the middle of the playground, he did it on the side behind a tree, trying for privacy. But hearing everyone's reactions, the school did the correct thing. Thank you for the input.

To the poster who said I am posting on the internet instead of going to the school, the incident had already happened.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
he was not suspended for peeing on a tree, he was suspended for exposing himself in public.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:33 PM

458 posts, read 1,355,052 times
Please don't be so quick to assume the OP has not parented this child correctly or has not taught him manners. Children do things they know they are not allowed to or are not suppose to when parents are not around, it is unfortunate but it does happen.

Yes he is old enough to know better, yes it was wrong and yes the school was right in this case.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:44 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,732,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
he was not suspended for peeing on a tree, he was suspended for exposing himself in public.
No, he was suspended for peeing on a tree, that is the suspension notice and how the principal discussed it with me.

And thanks Belinda for the support. Yes, my son knows better than to pee in public!

Old 05-11-2009, 05:51 PM

1,747 posts, read 3,011,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
...Every once in awhile, he will be playing forget about the bathroom and the urge is so quick he can't hold it...
Bah. This is a flimsy excuse, but one that the fellas like to use (even grown men use it ). Girls can also get so absorbed in play that they forget until the urge is so quick... but somehow, they nearly always manage to hold it until they get to an appropriate place. If he *really* couldn't hold it, he wouldn't have been able to make it as far as a tree and he certainly wouldn't have had time to scout out a private tree.

I'm glad to hear he's learned a lesson. Sounds like you've both had a chance to talk about it, too. Good for you!

Old 05-11-2009, 05:51 PM

870 posts, read 1,626,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I just got a phone call from the school to pick up my 9 son who was suspended for peeing on a tree during recess. IMO this is a bit too much for what he did.

Thoughts? I think this is way over the top and was going to go to the principal tomorrow because I just don't think it is right.....

i really hope you are joking... you are really teaching your child a great lesson here.

Last edited by jeannie216; 05-12-2009 at 03:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting