Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 12:58 PM

88,075 posts, read 83,928,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara Lee View Post
someone told me that this is illegal in German or it was given a child a unisex name .... i forget.

but any how ....... at my local WALMART there is a person and i kid you not I don't know if ITS a man or a woman ITs name is Roybn reminds me of the character PAT that was once on Saturday Nite Live.

Its voice can be either or, the chest area is hard to figure out ...... lol the features can be either male or female it annoys me because i want to ask lol
ROFL, I was volunteering at a soup kitchen yesterday and there was a person like that there also volunteering. I could not figure out if it was a he or a she. I THINK it was a mannish she because I couldn't see any evidence of facial hair, but I wasn't close enough to really confirms that. No earrings (not that you can always tell by that because men wear earrings now in both ears, but often the type of earring helps give it away), no makeup, short generic haircut, overweight and wearing a big blue chambray shirt and jeans so it was hard to tell by the body, voice kind of husky and could go either way. AND most of us had nametags but this one didn't.

Anyway, s/he was a good person, since they were working hard along with the other volunteers, but I did wonder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 01:16 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,806,671 times
I used to work with a man named Derrica.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:52 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,259,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
^^^ That is hilarious. Big fan, eh? And even funnier that SHE has a boy's name.

I do have trouble sometimes with Indian names. Certain names, like Chandra, sound female to me, but that can be a man or woman's name. The problem comes when I see the name and have to write an email to them and don't know whether to use Mr. or Ms.
You can always write, "Dear Chandra Singh". We have a lot of Indian patients in our practice, and I sometimes don't know if it's the father or mother I'm calling until someone picks up the phone. Keeps life interesting, to say the least!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
I used to work with a man named Derrica.
I worked for a guy named Gale. A lot of people thought he was a she until they met him.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:58 PM

I have known both males and females with the name Gale. The feminine version is spelled Gail, except one woman I know spelled it Gale.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:01 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,259,082 times
Quote:
I have known both males and females with the name Gale. The feminine version is spelled Gail, except one woman I know spelled it Gale.
My current boss' wife is Gayle. "Inventive" spellings make things hard, too. It used to be that "Frances" was female and "Francis" was male, but nowadays people like to put their own spin on the spelling.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
My current boss' wife is Gayle. "Inventive" spellings make things hard, too. It used to be that "Frances" was female and "Francis" was male, but nowadays people like to put their own spin on the spelling.
True enough. I also work with a man whose name is Erin.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
True enough. I also work with a man whose name is Erin.
And I work with a woman whose name is Aaron! She said her mother wanted a son. Her sister has a boy's name, too.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Those of us who are past a certain age remember this guy named Gale:

Gale Gordon

Old 12-16-2012, 05:32 PM

13,975 posts, read 25,839,073 times
I really thought we had chosen our sons' names carefully. The two older boys never had any questions about their gender. The youngest, named Cameron, ended up with more girls sharing his name in high school than boys. I like the name for either sex, but prefer different spellings, Cameron vs. Camryn.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Those of us who are past a certain age remember this guy named Gale:

Gale Gordon
Gale Sayers, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting