Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 12:22 PM

10 posts, read 38,304 times

Advertisements

what the hell is with people and abuse? again if you read my first post this child doesn't leave my sight. i'm on her like nobody's business. she does not leave my sight! 24 hrs 7 days like in my first post i said. thank you all that didn't stray from the path of wetting the bed the rest of you find another post. my husband is a plumber and a police officer he and i both would know if something was happening to her. yes we moved in the past 6 months due to being poisoned by carbon monoxide for almost 2 yrs. and i called the ped and she said we have to do an MRI of her brain b/c she can have lesions from the posioning. Why does everyhting have to result from abuse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 12:24 PM

[quote=okpondlady;8785279]You said you moved in the last 6 months? What other changes have been recent? How is her diet? If she is to tired is she not sleeping well? If not...why not? Was she living with Grandma before this?

No she wasn't living with Grandma. She was staying like 3 or 4 days a week there. I was going through some health complications at the time.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:30 PM

oh and with grandma, grandma has this thing to where my daughter sleeps in her bed all the time with her, my mom feeds her, takes her potty, does everything for her! i've taken measures to where she doesn't see my mom. she treats her like a baby i'm wondering if this also has some thing to do with it. but i dont know how to talk it through with my mom that treating her like a baby is ruining her.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:32 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,631,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
I think she's just being lazy. She can't be bothered. If I were you, I would leave her in wet pants, leave her bed wet and make her realise how horrible it feels to be wet. I certainly wouldn't let her have a TV in her room. I would let her know - wetting herself is not on. Fullstop. I have 2 children who have never wet the bed. I used to wet the bed when I was little, my auntie was the one who got me out of it. She had me stay over her house and said "This is a lovely, new bed - so if you want to go to the toilet, you must not spoil it" and I didn't. I wet the bed because there was drama going on in the house and that effected me emotionally. But as long as there are no major issues in the house - then your daughter just needs to realise that if she wets the bed she stays wet (for a while) - let her go find some dry pants. Keep talking to her, telling her to really, really try to get to the toilet and keep herself dry. If she does it - reward her and praise her. Just my opinion. Hope it helps.
I don't think anyone, child or adult, wets their pants because they're lazy. You said you had an emotional reason for doing it, so I'm not sure why you would think this little girls is just being lazy.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:36 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,059,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamson11 View Post
what the hell is with people and abuse? again if you read my first post this child doesn't leave my sight. i'm on her like nobody's business. she does not leave my sight! 24 hrs 7 days like in my first post i said. thank you all that didn't stray from the path of wetting the bed the rest of you find another post. my husband is a plumber and a police officer he and i both would know if something was happening to her. yes we moved in the past 6 months due to being poisoned by carbon monoxide for almost 2 yrs. and i called the ped and she said we have to do an MRI of her brain b/c she can have lesions from the posioning. Why does everyhting have to result from abuse?
I am sorry you feel threatened by our opinions. We are just stating the facts. Obviously this is your child, you do as you see fit. But do not think because your husband is a police officer and you are a stay at home mom that anyone here will believe your family is perfect. Believe it or not even police officers and SAHM's have, can, and do abuse their children. Just realize, you are the only person that can stand up for your child, either in a medical OR an abuse situation. Take care of that little girl PLEASE.

Last edited by okpondlady; 05-14-2009 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: spell check.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:48 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,829,838 times
I would wake her up several times a night and drag her into the bathroom.
After making her get up a few time a night for a while, she will decide it's easier to do things right....
When she does pee elsewhere, make her clean it up. Notice I didn't say, "Had an accident", because it's no accident..!
Right now, she owns you... time to take control....

Old 05-14-2009, 03:58 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,055,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okpondlady View Post
I am sorry you feel threatened by our opinions. We are just stating the facts. Obviously this is your child, you do as you see fit. But do not think because your husband is a police officer and you are a stay at home mom that anyone here will believe your family is perfect. Believe it or not even police officers and SAHM's have, can, and do abuse their children. Just realize, you are the only person that can stand up for your child, either in a medical OR an abuse situation. Take care of that little girl PLEASE.
When posting to someone else's problem, we do not know the facts. The OP does. We only speculate and give opinions on something like this.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:13 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,735,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin_ie View Post
You also mention she says doesn't want to be alone. Could it be something- or someone- scared her when she went to the bathrom at some stage?
My 4 yo does this too. We had relatives come over and visit so I wanted my dd to start using our bathroom to free up hers. Every time it was a battle because she didn't want to be there. She didn't want to be alone. Now 3 weeks later she is finally going without complaining. It was just a different toilet. Kids are strange some times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Notice that she's not screaming at you about being bossy or that she can't do something you're trying to make her do. What she's yelling at you really has nothing to do with peeing. She's begging you, when she's in this vulnerable, semi-naked state, that she's scared to be alone.
My 4yo clings to me all day long. If I leave a room she follows me because she doesn't want to be alone. Some kids just do not want to be alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
**OR she may have a recurrant urinary tract infection.** Take her back to the Ped to get a physical.
I agree. I was a foster mom to a little girl with reoccurring UTIs. Not only that, the UTI was resistant to the most common antibiotic given to children. Have her retested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamson11 View Post
oh and with grandma, grandma has this thing to where my daughter sleeps in her bed all the time with her, my mom feeds her, takes her potty, does everything for her! i've taken measures to where she doesn't see my mom. she treats her like a baby i'm wondering if this also has some thing to do with it. but i dont know how to talk it through with my mom that treating her like a baby is ruining her.
Sounds like my MIL. When my dd was 2 1/2 she fed herself without any issues. Well, grandma came over to visit and started to feed her like a baby. Now at age 4 we still have issues with my dd wanted to be fed like a baby. Put your foot down with your mom but don't stop the contact. Grandparents are very important in a child's life.

Oh and just use pull ups even if just for your sanity. This will pass.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:31 PM

2,058 posts, read 5,847,509 times
Yeah, if she's not being abused (and I believe you that she is not, some people just automatically assume the worst), then I'd take her to the peds. It sounds like she's had some major changes in her life and feels a little out of control. Wetting herself is one of the only thing she can control. Give her lots of love, support and praise. But one last piece of advice, stop spoiling her. There's no reason for a 4 year old to have a tv in her room.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:39 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,498,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I don't think anyone, child or adult, wets their pants because they're lazy. You said you had an emotional reason for doing it, so I'm not sure why you would think this little girls is just being lazy.
Some children ARE lazy. My daughter is a bit lazy sometimes, my son is the opposite. Some children are lazy - get a reaction, then do it again for some kind of attention. I am not trying to be mean, I love children....just trying to point out a fact that I am sure you are aware about the human character...we are all inclined to be lazy - but if its not laziness or attention seeking then WHAT IS IT? Perhaps it is emotional? Yes, it was the case with me, some talking and a few tricks sorted me out. But with this girl....I don't know, just trying to give some ideas to mum to help!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting