U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 11:43 PM

515 posts, read 1,363,808 times

Advertisements

Awful, awful, awful! Nastiest pizza on the planet, much too loud, undersupervised, and way too expensive! Glad I'm not the only one!

Thanks for the link to the song... excellent! LOL!

~D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 12:01 AM

13,496 posts, read 13,990,748 times
eee gad my daughter is almost 30 and I still have nightmares about that place.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:57 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,268,636 times
Well you don't "have' to watch your kids there. Thats the beauty of it. Ours has a stamp that each kid and parent has to have and the kid can't leave unless they are with the matching stamped adult. So its pretty safe. Ours is anyway.

Plus I notice Dads can handle arcades better. Its a guy thing, so maybe Chucky's is a great Dad/child experience more than the Moms in this case.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:12 AM

1,747 posts, read 2,621,628 times
My son is well past his Chuck E. Cheese days but I must say, I didn't really mind the place. Sure, it was loud and crazy, but that's what it was supposed to be. If you can't handle loud and crazy, perhaps you should take your kids somewhere else.

We didn't go for fine dining. Matter of fact, we didn't do much eating at all (my son was never a must-eat-all-day type of kid). We went to play. To romp and whoop it up and have a good time. It was an indoor place where it was ok to be loud.

What I did have a problem with was parents who would bring their kids and then not interact with them. I'm not saying parents have to hover, but they should be keeping an eye on the kids. I also had a problem with parents who apparently never taught manners or how to behave in public, such that when let loose, the kids went wild. Running, pushing, shoving and being basically rude and obnoxious, while the parents sat on the other side, swilling their beer and being totally oblivious to their kids' poor behaviour.

Beer. That's another thing I have an issue with. This is supposed to be a place for kids. If you need to drink, if you can't go an hour or two without alcohol, go to a bar. I don't think kids' amusement places should be serving alcohol, but that's just MY opinion.

I can't speak for the Chuck E Cheese of today, but in the past, it wasn't a perfect place but I didn't "hate" it. True, it wasn't as clean as I would have liked and the food could have been better. But part of that was because the parents allow their kids to be nasty (check the bathroom floors ). I think the parents hold at least as much blame as the establishment.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:22 AM

1,219 posts, read 3,747,191 times
In my area, there are two (well, not in my city-but iin a reasonable distance). One seems to attract an older, rowdier crowd of kids. The other is smaller and less crowded. I don't like all the noise and lights Chuckie Cheeses, but on a cold winter night, when the kids have been in the house for what seems like months, it's a good place to let them run for awhile.

But if the weather is better, we don't go-we'd rather be outside.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:35 AM

25,907 posts, read 35,019,169 times
I can't decide which place I'd rather go: Chuck E.Cheese on a busy Saturday or Toys R Us right before Christmas.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:22 PM

28,906 posts, read 45,254,652 times
Well, I hate it too. But, during the winter months when the weather was miserable, CC was my savior, because I could cut my 8-, 6-, and 4-year-old loose in there, and read a book for two hours while enjoying a beer.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:38 PM

2,766 posts, read 8,849,920 times
I have NEVER walked out of that place without being irritated and one of my children shortly getting sick thereafter.
It's a GERM fest, and i NEVER take my kids anymore.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:44 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,129,307 times
I think they all stamp hands but that doesn't mean parents shouldn't watch their children inside. Many children in a place like this will all the lights and movement tend to get crazy. THey need someone to make sure they aren't bothering anyone else or other children. Also I can't tell you how many kids not just there seem to not be able to wait and have common respect. I 'm not talking 3 year olds but kids 10 who just push others out of the way even with parents standing there. KIds will be kids but if mine do that I will stop them and say wait or its not your turn.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:48 PM

650 posts, read 1,927,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
My son will be 7 tomorrow so we were out and went there. Mabe I 'm just an older MOm which I am but the place drives me nuts. One thing that upsets me is that parents come and sit and do not watch their kids. Kids that are like 9-11 running all over knocking little ones down. Anyone else dislike this place.
I HATE Chuck E Cheese! You are not alone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting