U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 06:23 AM

1,986 posts, read 3,476,520 times

Advertisements

Older and wiser I am than some.

An authority, you're not if all you do is talk to transgender people and think you know it all. There are facts that do not play into this nonsense in any way. Kids outgrow. What will that mother do when her son kills himself because he is so confused when he gets interested in girls and he's been allowed to look like a girl for years? What will happen when he starts looking at girls in a more sexual way while he is using girl's restrooms? When he starts to masturbate?

I can't think of a more damaging thing a parent can do than to allow his/her son to dress like a girl and pretend in public and allow it to consume his life.

Last edited by jeannie216; 05-21-2009 at 11:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 07:50 AM

5,748 posts, read 10,532,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
Excuse me?

Having a different opinion is simply that. There is no need to denigrate others of equally strong opinion.

Last edited by formercalifornian; 05-21-2009 at 08:02 AM..

Old 05-21-2009, 08:02 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,665,544 times
Quote:
yadda, yadda, yadda. Older and wiser I am than some.
Quote:

An authority, you're not if all you do is talk to transgender people and think you know it all. There are facts that do not play into this nonsense in any way. Kids outgrow. What will that mother do when her son kills himself because he is so confused when he gets interested in girls and he's been allowed to look like a girl for years? What will happen when he starts looking at girls in a more sexual way while he is using girl's restrooms? When he starts to masturbate?

I can't think of a more damaging thing a parent can do than to allow his/her son to dress like a girl and pretend in public and allow it to consume his life.

the fact that you compare THIS situation to something sexual proves you know absolutely nothing about transgenders. IT has NOTHING TO DO WITH SEX and everything to do with identity. The sex issues will be the same for homosexual, heterosexual and transgenders the same.

Older and wiser has nothing to do with it. Fact and experience and firsthand knowledge have to do with ALL of it!

It is a FACT that these kids end up in really bad places emotionally and physically without support as YOUNG children.

Transgender children realize they're different as soon as they understand "identity" which is very early. I didn't know as early as my friends have told me but I understand as young as THIS girl.

You can say you KNOW because you are "older" I say I know because of words straight from the mouth of a women who works with HUNDREDS of transgenders and represents THOUSANDS more not to mention the two I am VERY close with. Yea, YOU know. .
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Last edited by jeannie216; 05-21-2009 at 11:27 AM..

Old 05-21-2009, 08:36 AM

2,868 posts, read 8,465,164 times
Gender identity disorder is a VERY real medical disorder. There are a lot more tools to diagnose this then 'my sister was a tomboy who climbed trees and answered to Bill'. Not only do transgender people want to be the other sex, they are EXTREMLY uncomfortable (to the point of not functioning) with who they are. Severe impairment in every corner of their lives (socially, mentally, physically)...

You can not deny a real diagnosable medical condition...sorry.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
Gender identity disorder is a VERY real medical disorder. There are a lot more tools to diagnose this then 'my sister was a tomboy who climbed trees and answered to Bill'. Not only do transgender people want to be the other sex, they are EXTREMLY uncomfortable (to the point of not functioning) with who they are. Severe impairment in every corner of their lives (socially, mentally, physically)...

You can not deny a real diagnosable medical condition...sorry.

That is what the problem is. People want to "fix" them. They just want to be as they are. So of all these thousands of people that my friend knows and the hundreds she knows personally and the few that I know, it's as simple as going to the doc and getting a scrip? nope. Sorry. They just want to be accepted or leave them alone. Simple

Old 05-21-2009, 09:31 AM

3,842 posts, read 9,262,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
. They just want to be as they are. They just want to be accepted or leave them alone. Simple
You are forcing acceptance on others but that is not surprising.

Not going to happen.

People do not have to accept other lifestyles and the more you force it on them, the more they are going to push back.

Leave them alone or accept them?

Who are you to give an ultimatum?

You are not transexual, so you don't have firsthand experience other than your "conversations" with "friends".

A single person having a conversation with a married person does not give them "firsthand experience" on being married. So, your "coversation" & posting a website doesn't mean you are a subject matter expert.

People can & are allowed to have opinions on this matter. And as long as it does not violate the TOS on this site, they can & should be allowed to voice their opinion. It is a free country with a constitution.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
You are forcing acceptance on others but that is not surprising.

Not going to happen.

People do not have to accept other lifestyles and the more you force it on them, the more they are going to push back.

Leave them alone or accept them?

Who are you to give an ultimatum?

You are not transexual, so you don't have the experience other than your "conversations" with "friends".

Sorry, a website isn't going to do anything other than annoy people. I can post all the websites on vaccinations & formula...won't change your opinion & you'd have a hissy fit & post all the contrawebsites. So, probably a waste of time to post websites to those who feel the opposite of you.

People can & are allowed to have opinions on this matter.

TransSEXUAL?????

I said if you don't accept them leave them alone.

My conversation with my two friends and a women who knows hundreds is more useful with this topic than your zero.

Oh well. These people are doing much better now dispite the community in which they grew up, society and their unsupportive parents. Oh well to the fact they've had to go through years of therapy and disease and suicide attempts to get where they are now. Too bad people didn't just love them dispite the fact that they disagreed. Too bad they had to waste so much of their lives hating each other.

Too bad none of you will never understand.

You are right. I can't force you. I wouldn't want to. The question asked by the mother and by these people and by me is "can you just not be mean."

So far no one is being mean so I'm not too concerned. Not here to change your mind. Not a biggy. The world is changing and becoming much more understanding with or without you

Old 05-21-2009, 09:50 AM

I have strong opinions on this subject, and because it doesn't coincide with someone else's doesn't mean I am taunting or anything else. It also doesn't mean I'm wrong. I am merely expressing my opinion from my experience, just like everybody else.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:58 AM

5,748 posts, read 10,532,462 times
Quote:
That's not a strong opinion about a controversial topic; that's a personal insult.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
That's not a strong opinion about a controversial topic; that's a personal insult.
No it isn't. Do you not feel that you know more than some people about some things? Are kids as smart on subjects as you? Do you not think you know more about some things than some others might?

I don't know as much about medicine as a doctor. Things like that.

I certainly know more about teenagers than people who have never had any.

It can't be a personal insult since it has no name attached. It is simply an observation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or