U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 02:12 AM

1,091 posts, read 3,235,326 times

Advertisements

Compared to some of the other stuff my teen is involved in, his sexual escapades don't upset me too much.
They are unlikely to result in the immediate death of him or anyone else, unlike other activities he's dabbling in.

Yes, I'm bitter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 02:21 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,657,852 times
Yes I would tell the other teen's parents and offer to discuss how we proceed from this point.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:24 AM

897 posts, read 2,097,284 times
Default thanks

Well I told the boy's dad-mainly b/c y daughter has been in the hospital with a terrible kidney infection most likely caused after they had sex-yes, they were safe -used condoms but I felt the need to tell him and I would have wanted to know the same- they are not adults both in high school!! and the docs have talked to her about how unhealthy and dangerous sex is- hey were both vrging and do love each other- I am not mad at all

Old 05-24-2009, 09:11 AM

42,668 posts, read 71,638,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlsess View Post
Well I told the boy's dad-mainly b/c y daughter has been in the hospital with a terrible kidney infection most likely caused after they had sex-yes, they were safe -used condoms but I felt the need to tell him and I would have wanted to know the same- they are not adults both in high school!! and the docs have talked to her about how unhealthy and dangerous sex is- hey were both vrging and do love each other- I am not mad at all
Did the doctor explain that kidney or urinary infections generally come from oral sex? It is very common, and is called "newlywed disease" by some doctors, and it should have been treated early on. And would have been if there had been an adult that she could trust. If she has been hospitalized, it is because it was untreated long enough to spread to her kidneys.

This is an excellent example of how parents are actually risking the lives of their daughter by creating an atmosphere in which the daughter is afraid to reveal to her parents that she is going through a perfectly normal stage of sexual experimentation and self-realization.

Last edited by jtur88; 05-24-2009 at 09:29 AM..

Old 05-24-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Did the doctor explain that kidney or urinary infections generally come from oral sex? It is very common, and is called "newlywed disease" by some doctors, and it should have been treated early on. And would have been if there had been an adult that she could trust. If she has been hospitalized, it is because it was untreated long enough to spread to her kidneys.
I have heard of "newlywed disease" (also known as "honeymoon cystitis"), but have never heard that it was caused by oral sex.
It was my understanding that it was caused by bacteria accidentally being pushed up the woman's urethra during intercourse, which is why it is really, really important for women to urinate as soon as possible after sex: that flushes the bacteria out.

I heard on a medical talk radio show the other day that oral sex (performed on a female) may cause yeast infections, however.
Apparently, some people have yeast in their mouths, which can be transferred to the vagina during oral sex.

My, isn't the human body just as fun as a barrel full of monkeys?

Last edited by Jane72; 05-24-2009 at 12:46 PM..

Old 05-24-2009, 12:39 PM

21,146 posts, read 22,139,461 times
Quote:
how unhealthy and dangerous sex is
I don't know that THAT is the message I would want to be teaching either.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I don't know that THAT is the message I would want to be teaching either.

Really.
I mean, I want grandchildren someday.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:07 PM

12,256 posts, read 15,801,556 times
Quote:
if you found out your teen was having sex-would you tell the other teens parents?
depends on the age but if we're talking high school or younger than I'd say yes. I would hope to have a pretty decent relationship (or at least a line of communication) with the other set of parents if my son was sleeping with her. It always amazes me when parents of teenagers don't meet until their in trouble. One of the rules in my household was that if I was going to spend time in someone else's household my mom had to know the people who were going to be there and I plan on keeping that rule with my son.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:09 PM

11,615 posts, read 19,738,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belinda_Cooperstone1 View Post
Note to momma bear. I just asked my husband this question and he is on the same page as you LOL. So I knew I was Biased in this question LMAO
Just for the record, my answer would be a little different if 13 year olds were involved.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:11 PM

11,615 posts, read 19,738,691 times
Quote:
Sex is unhealthy and dangerous? Who knew?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting