U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 10:17 PM

3,422 posts, read 9,438,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
You must be a tremendous mom to have given her the foundation to have reached such heights at such a young age. You gave her wings, you were selfless to have let her go. So amid your tears, give yourself hugs for the great job that you have done (and will continue doing, even if long-distance!)
I couldn't say it any better.

Plus add in the hugs from stormy.

WTG Mom. You did great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 10:23 PM

288 posts, read 742,865 times
To paraphrase Kahlil Gibran, our kids are not ours, they are their own people. They need to leave.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihynes View Post
To paraphrase Kahlil Gibran, our kids are not ours, they are their own people. They need to leave.
I had to go look up the quote.

"Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself. They came through you but not from you and though they are with you yet they belong not to you. " - Kahlil Gibran

He is eloquent.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:15 PM

3,107 posts, read 8,033,425 times
Quote:
You must be a tremendous mom to have given her the foundation to have reached such heights at such a young age. You gave her wings, you were selfless to have let her go. So amid your tears, give yourself hugs for the great job that you have done (and will continue doing, even if long-distance!)
OMG. Well, there you have it.

Congratulations, Belinda. You've raised a good, strong daughter (I bet she shed some tears AFTER you said goodbye - I know I did after my parents left me in college). May both of you continue to blossom!

Old 05-23-2009, 12:02 AM

OT a bit but I clicked on your profile by accident when I was trying to read the unread parts of the thread,and how, HOW, did you get your profile to be hot pinK? That is pretty cool.

And who is the picture of in your profile? If its you I want to know how to look that good with a 16 yr old!

Old 05-23-2009, 05:34 AM

458 posts, read 1,136,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisdol View Post
OT a bit but I clicked on your profile by accident when I was trying to read the unread parts of the thread,and how, HOW, did you get your profile to be hot pinK? That is pretty cool.

And who is the picture of in your profile? If its you I want to know how to look that good with a 16 yr old!
For the hot pink I just edited it in my profile. You can make it any color. As for the pic it is not of me. I will go and see where I went to change the settings then I will let you know.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:38 AM

ok to change the colors for your profile, just go to "my settings" at the top, then on the left in your control panel click on customize profile. It may take a bit of time because you can change everything. Trial and error

Old 05-23-2009, 09:24 AM

Thanks. I figured it might have been a feature I just never looked at. I'm a little lazy with things like that. When we get something new, say, a DVD player, I will just pop in the movie and watch, and my husband will be pushing all of the buttons on the remote to see what he can do with it.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:24 PM

9,362 posts, read 22,343,312 times
Let's all have a group hug for Belinda.

And you must now give us your secret to success!

Old 05-23-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Let's all have a group hug for Belinda.

And you must now give us your secret to success!
Trial and error my friend. The only thing I can think of that helped me was being open and honest with my girls. I never sugar coated anything, I told them like it is and when they asked me a question I answered honestly. I did not and never will dumb down for my girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or