Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 08:54 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,670,068 times

Advertisements

If I had a daughter who was interested in babysitting, I would do the same thing because there are crazy families out there.

I babysat on a school night for a women who didn't come home. She left at 7pm for the evening. By 8:00am the next morning, she was still not home. My mother came and called the authorities. It turned out that she wasn't in danger or anything. She simply didn't come home. The children were taken away from her.

Teenagers should never have to deal with something like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 09:54 PM

1,747 posts, read 3,003,782 times
Belinda, Hopes, those must have been scary experiences for you.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:08 AM

3,493 posts, read 7,892,967 times
Our usual sitter canceled at the last minute one time because of an illness. She had already arranged for her best friend to take her place. I was so relieved that she had been mature enough to find a "sub" and called the other sitter to let her know what time we would pick her up. The new sitter's mother said she would drive her over so she "would know where we lived in case there was an emergency". At the time I thought that was a bit odd, but now that my daughter is sitting age, I realize that she needed to "eyeball" us and make sure we were on the up and up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting