U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 04:55 PM

54 posts, read 55,901 times

Advertisements

Hmm.
I never had weird rules as a child but I do now.

My mom has instituted a bed time and a wake time. Don't confuse it with a curfew..its an in bed lights out bedtime.

2am weekdays
4am weekends
Up by 12pm.

My mom gets picky about how much toilet paper we use..and how fast we drink the drinks she buys.
The tap is nasty here, like not to safe to drink. So bottled water and gatorade is gone though like crazy.

And she still gets pissed when I lock my bedroom door and I am 19. What can I say I like to be left alone especially in a house where people don't knock and if I leave it open they just walk right in.

My brother has weird rules though.
She has it set to where his phone can't call or text anyone but my mom or me after 9pm..idk if that is still on there.
She says that she'll have his myspace login info as long as he lives at home..even if when is over 18.

I think thats overkill.

I am glad I didn't have weird rules growing up.

Last edited by TrappednHades; 05-27-2009 at 05:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 06:16 PM

756 posts, read 1,945,323 times
We also have a no shoes rule at our house.

We also have the hand washing rule where my kids have to wash their hands whenever they come inside from school or public places or playing outside!

They take their shoes off and then wash their hands!

Old 05-27-2009, 09:08 PM

12,256 posts, read 15,789,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
When I was Mr. Mom, and was doing the laundry, my rule was no inside-out clothes in the hamper.
My mom used to put the clothes back on my bed unwashed. This was after a red pen found its way in the washer of my inside out jeans

Old 05-27-2009, 09:14 PM

758 posts, read 1,594,840 times
I also have one about laundry, if my daughter takes clothes out of the dryer to put her clothes in she is supposed to hang up Dad's shirts and slacks so they don't get wrinkled. She has forgotten...so I've forgotton to fold/hang her clothes, they ended up in a big pile on her bed.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:24 PM

12,172 posts, read 15,006,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
No lol I meant its a rule for people who live with me and that my friends think it's weird. Like when people get dressed and then come in the living room to put on lotion or put on their socks and shoes. All of that stuff is in your bedroom - why not put it on while you're in there? I guess that's because my living room is tiny.
How many people are shacking up at your place that you have to worry about them putting on lotion in the living room?

Old 05-27-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
How many people are shacking up at your place that you have to worry about them putting on lotion in the living room?
It's just me, my boyfriend and my son but it just annoys me. Probably because after he puts on lotion he leaves the lotion bottle in the living room and then the next morning I have to go searching for it.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:25 PM

2,588 posts, read 4,850,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
It's just me, my boyfriend and my son but it just annoys me. Probably because after he puts on lotion he leaves the lotion bottle in the living room and then the next morning I have to go searching for it.
Oh, so then I can't come over and do my pedicure? Rats!

Old 05-27-2009, 11:41 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,346,783 times
The only thing even slightly unusual in my household growing up was that long social phone conversations were not allowed. This was just slightly before cell phones became commonplace, my parents ran a family business, so the house line was also a business line, and they were not about to spring for another line for kid calls. So we were only allowed 15-minute conversations, and only after 7 p.m., since business calls were being taken up until that time.

Probably has a lot to do with why I'm one of the least phone-using people ever and don't even own a cell and never have.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:07 AM

756 posts, read 1,945,323 times
I also have the no inside-out closthes in the hamper! Ugh - smelly, stinky, dirty socks especially! But it always happens.

I do throw them into the wash but I leave them inside out. When clean, folded and ready to put into drawers they are still inside - out!

Old 05-28-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtee View Post
Oh, so then I can't come over and do my pedicure? Rats!
lol nope that's another one of my pet peeves. when i was in college my roommate used to always polish her toenails right in the middle of the living room. Drove me crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or