U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 11:15 AM

758 posts, read 1,594,840 times

Advertisements

I've looked at the stores around my area and none have the cotton training pants. I'm going to start potty training pretty quick with my 21 mo old and I think those would work better than the pull-ups but I can't find them.

Anyone know what retail stores carry them or a good (safe) online store?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 11:22 AM

2,868 posts, read 8,444,336 times
Target has the cloth training undies. They are just thicker where the wet spot would be. Then they also sell the really thin plastic pants you put on over the training undies...

Is that what you are talking about?

I have also seen them at Meijer.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:45 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,654,307 times
When I was ordering my cloth diapers online I came across these at Walmart. Walmart has all the good stuff ONLINE!

Walmart.com: Kushies - Pull-On Training Pants for Girls, 2 Pack: Diapering & Potty

Old 05-27-2009, 11:51 AM

546 posts, read 1,463,516 times
I'll second Target. I found a bunch in the infant section for relatively cheap prices.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:55 AM

897 posts, read 2,094,978 times
i bought mine at WalMart many years ago-check there

Old 05-27-2009, 12:16 PM

2,466 posts, read 4,201,759 times
I just bought some for my grand daughter a few months ago at Wal-mart. They were over in the infant aisle near the socks and t-shirts.

Those pull-ups are great for using at night while they are sleeping and are potty training or while traveling, but I've found them to be useless for actual daytime potty training. I went straight to the heavy cloth panties with my kids and they were all potty trained in no time, maybe in a weeks time tops. My daughter uses those pull-ups on the grand daughter and they have actually been holding her back on the potty training. I rip the darn things off of her and put her in panties every chance I get. But for every step forward I make with her and the potty training, the pull-ups send her back three steps.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:57 PM

758 posts, read 1,594,840 times
Thanks! Our Walmart does not have them at the store. I did not try Target but I will check.

Wyo, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:22 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,978,274 times
I used the cloth training pants, also. Wal-Mart and Target had them.
The cotton training pants let the child "feel" that they are wet, which pull-ups do not.
Let the child go with you to pick them out, and pick out the cute "big girl/boy" underpants, too. (With the characters on them.) Make it a big deal!
Also, if it is a little girl, let her wear her favorite fancy shoes. If she goes potty in her big girl pants, it will go down her leg and into the shoes. That helped with my oldest daughter. She loved her shoes and didn't want them to get "tinkle" in them.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:33 PM

2,825 posts, read 5,953,202 times
We used Snap-EZ Trainers Training Pants by Snap-EZ - AIO Trainers
They were okay, but what ended up really working was just putting her in regular panties and letting her feel the wetness and the mess. If she was naked, it was mess without much wetness and that didn't work well. If she had a trainer on, she didn't feel wet until after she had gone. And in a pull-up, forget it - those things are way too absorbent. And they also gave her a rash for some reason.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:53 PM

3,842 posts, read 9,240,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skahar View Post
I've looked at the stores around my area and none have the cotton training pants. I'm going to start potty training pretty quick with my 21 mo old and I think those would work better than the pull-ups but I can't find them.
I tied the training pants once with my #1 son. Just didn't make sense to me. If training him to do a big boy thing, then he is going to do it like a big boy & wear big boy underpants. After a day or two of being wet & having to stop playing to change his clothes, he quickly caught on.

I felt the same way about the toilet. Trained him on the actual toilet, not the one that sings, claps, whistles & is 4 different colors (though I did clap & put on a production the first several times).

Part of the excitement for him was moving on to real underpants, using the real toilet & so on. Training pants are a different version of pullups imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting