Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 03:00 PM

836 posts, read 3,382,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
She has other threads relating to her mom. She had a thread about bedtime and after everyone told her that she should respect her mother's rules she turned around and told off her mom and thanked us all for our help.
Ahhh ok... I haven't came across any of her other post yet, but Thanks for telling me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 03:26 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
the way it goes is that children always go to where the parent is so that the parents is straining to hear or yelling.

you are the one that has to go to the parent.

its just the way it is. youll enjoy that rule when you have kids of your own.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:57 PM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,692 times
Why is it that the parent is the Queen or King? Why are the children not people too? Why dont they deserve any respect in y'all's eyes? Oh yeah, cuz the kid doesn't earn that much money and must rely on the parent. So therefore you do as I say and I am Queen of this castle. Is all that REALLY necessary? Does one have to control and demean one's kid just cuz the kid doesn't earn enough to live alone? I think its a pathetic way to parent.

Last edited by jeannie216; 06-07-2009 at 09:45 AM..

Old 06-07-2009, 12:32 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,063,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
Why is it that the parent is the Queen or King? Why are the children not people too? Why dont they deserve any respect in y'all's eyes? Oh yeah, cuz the kid doesn't earn that much money and must rely on the parent. So therefore you do as I say and I am Queen of this castle. Is all that REALLY necessary? Does one have to control and demean one's kid just cuz the kid doesn't earn enough to live alone? I think its a pathetic way to parent.
How old are you?
I have no idea what money as to do with anything but having the kids come to where I am when they want to speak to me is not demeaning, nor is having them come to me when I want to speak to them (I don't ring a bell or make them bow before me or anything, lol). No, we are not equals and they get the respect they deserve but someone has to be in charge and set the rules. You want to call it king and queen, I just see it as mom and dad and there are some perks to being mom or dad....like the kids have to come over here when I call them.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:42 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Like NC said, It's got nothing to do with cash. I don't think that too many parents would pull the King, Queen routine on a kid who had finished their homework, done their chores and was reasonably polite and respectful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
How old are you?
I have no idea what money as to do with anything but having the kids come to where I am when they want to speak to me is not demeaning, nor is having them come to me when I want to speak to them (I don't ring a bell or make them bow before me or anything, lol). No, we are not equals and they get the respect they deserve but someone has to be in charge and set the rules. You want to call it king and queen, I just see it as mom and dad and there are some perks to being mom or dad....like the kids have to come over here when I call them.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:37 PM

54 posts, read 66,563 times
I don't have a problem with the rule. I never did, in fact I like it because I hate being yelled at from another room. Which is what my mom does. She'll yell something at me from another room knowing good and well I can't hear her at all. My room is on the far end of the house tucked away from everything else and I can't hear a dang thing that goes on.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:58 PM

54 posts, read 66,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballgal View Post
I opened the forum and up popped this thread, and I have to agree with you

The screen name alone says a lot about attitude.

I'm willing to bet, that in a few years looking back, Hades will start to look like Heaven
That's just it I am so excited for my future. I cannot wait. I am waiting in suspence. I plan on going to police academy aug of 2010. No matter what shift I have after academy, just working as a cop is going to be such a privilage. I know police academy and being an officer there are going to be rules but I get their rules, they enforce rules that keep people safe. None of the rules or laws I have encountered in my near month with them as an explorer have been overbearing or not age approrpiate. In fact I experience more freedom and room to grow when I am there. I am given more responsibility and its amazing. I've had two people so far tell me they think i'll make their best explorer and shooter.
At least I have people proud of me.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:19 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,707,379 times
My rule is that they have to find my eyes to speak to me. I explain how it's rude to shout through the house for an adult. It's just tacky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting