U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 06:37 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,127,077 times

Advertisements

i just heard that the Mom hung around 2 sexual offenders and a possible other one. I also heard the Mom was in jail and her Mother had custody. The brother says Mom could be alone with the child and he talked to his sister about having this child around sexual offenders. The truth is the Grandmother had custody and the Mother was not suppose to be alone with this child. Grandma went to work and let her alone with the child. People knew it and did nothing. As a past Foster parent I had a child in a situation very much like this. If you know Mom is being around sexual offenders even though you don't want to get Grandma in trouble because she left the child with this mom when she wasn't suppose to. You pick up the phone and call PS. They investigate most likely take the child from the Grandmother and the child goes into Foster care and the child is safe. Where is this child now. Shame on the Mom and this family... sorry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 10:49 PM

84 posts, read 155,130 times
Oh God this sounds like the worst has happen.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:41 AM

I heard last night on Nancy Grace and just heard a news conference that they think they found the body of this little girl. I guess some men fishing found a body. That haven't confirmed it but think it is likely

Old 06-05-2009, 10:52 AM

1,122 posts, read 1,967,134 times
HOW can women "Fall in Love" with someone who hurts a child??? I have never understoof this. My mother's 8 year bf is a registered offender, her father is an offender as was her ex-husband. She knew about all three prior to allowing her children around them but she still did/does and feels sorry for them as well as tries to make her children feel guilty about not wanting to be around them! (She tells me I need to let it go, get over the past and quit being so negative.) After I had my DD, she was SO obsessed about having a baby. She tried to get her tubes untied but the doctors wouldn't let her, thank God! But she used my daughter to show off to her bf that she was such a great mom that she kept taking my baby from my arms and goo-goo eyeing her bf as she did everything, including changing her in front of him, even though she KNEW he had molested his daughter! And she feels sorry for HIM and wanted to have a little girl with him!

I can imagine the mother is the same way. Not to mention that, the offender is already skilled in manilpulating people. After they get caught, they just find a way to get better at it.

It is true that these people can never be cured or be safe in society. I've heard enough from my own mother of, "He's had treatment," that I'm about to scream. There is NO such thing as a cured sex offender. If you take a recovering alcoholic and put them in a room with nothing but their favorite drink for 3 days and you take a sex offender and leave them with a child in a room for three days, it would be easier for the recovering alcholic to say no to the alcohol that the offender to the child, even if the alcoholic did not know the reasoning for being there and the offender did and truly wanted to try and prove everyone wrong. That's because an alcoholic is not born an alcoholic (usually) while the offender has a strong internal sexual drive thanks to their mental illness that they were born with. All treatment does it make them better at what they do, teaches them how to say everything just right. They should ALL be casterated. I am SO sick about protecting the privacy of these sickos. They should have an offender's mark branded into their forehead for all to see.

The saddest part is that we have zero choice, that we HAVE to let it go this far before we can remove these idiots from the streets forever.

Of course there is no "proof" yet, that we know of, of who did this but the implications are definitely damning. I hope whoever did this rots in hell.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:30 PM

In the case with a passed Foster child and the child was already in Foster care but the MOm had unsupervised visitation. Thank God a person from the family reported the Mom to the Case worker and all visits became supervised. I wish that would have happebed in this case the family knew that these people were around this child. I don't care if the Grandma would have lost the child or the Mother. If they would have done something the child would be alive today. Even if one of those men didn't do this , having her around these men was a accident waiting to happen. If you have heard the MOm talk she is clearly a messed up person.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:08 PM

84 posts, read 155,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I heard last night on Nancy Grace and just heard a news conference that they think they found the body of this little girl. I guess some men fishing found a body. That haven't confirmed it but think it is likely
They confirmed it on Nancy Grace. Even if it wasn't her, it would still be sad as it was a child.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:18 PM
Ode

298 posts, read 669,536 times
The mom was on probation for being in a home invasion, which is why the grandma had custody. Everyone dropped the ball here and broke the rules they were supposed to be living with, which is how this happened. If the grandma hadn't left the child with the mom, if the mom hadn't associated with known sex offenders (and defended them too, how ick is that?), if the sex offenders hadn't been around a child...if anyone had reported any one of these incidents to CPS or the police then maybe this child would still be alive, and somewhere safe right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or