U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 01:10 AM

54 posts, read 55,956 times

Advertisements

Yes yes I am here to discuss another issue I have with my mom.

First off, I want the hell out of this house. I would LOVE to move out.
It isn't financially possible ATM but the minute it is, I am out of here.

Ok my mom is getting violent and hostile.
Calling me a betch and my brother a prick.
Speeding, slamming things, yelling at the top of her lungs.
Told me that if I didn't clean up my desk she'd shut off the internet. Even though its clear its cluttered because of no where to put it.
She took me to a friends house for a bit and she called me she told me I better get my ass out to the car before she comes up to the door and I was already out the door, she could see me.
Her friend from england is staying with us till June 10th and she told me he's the kind of person who snoops and that she doesn't doubt that he'll go look through things, including MY laptop, even though my laptop is password protected he works with computers and knows how to get past it. I am SOO not ok with this.
She told me she loves being a betch and has fun being a betch towards me.
She tells me all the time that she can turn my world upside down in a heartbeat.
Tells me she'll call the cops on me and make up all these lies about me. ( Keep in mind I am in great standing with my towns police department, I am an explorer and I hope to work for them someday.)
Tells me that she will tell people lies about me.

I am sorry but is any of this NORMAL?
I feel fear, anxiety, stress...in my own home...its suppose to be a safe place.

Have you ever seen one of those movies where one person is doing things to screw over another persons life and horrible things happen to that one person and each time they reach out to people for help that evil person looks innocent and its not till the evil person is trying to kill the one person that people realize they are really a total nut?

I am living that in real life.

And if you haven't seen one of those kinds movies you can equate it to a sibling doing something and then getting you into trouble and they act all fake to the parents and then looking back and smirking at you..you are like wha..did you see that..they were lying.!!

So I need advice..again..

I know some of you don't care *cough*maciesmom*cough* but I swear my life right now is like one of those movies and I am reaching out for advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 03:26 AM

1,867 posts, read 3,602,042 times
As I said in the other thread, I would look very seriously into transferring to a college that is at least a few hours away. Live in the dorms and take out student loans. Its worth it to leave the crazyiness and enjoy your young years. They fly by fast and are wasted spent in miserable situations.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:38 AM

2 posts, read 1,806 times
this again?

Old 05-29-2009, 07:03 AM

650 posts, read 1,927,779 times
I'm sorry, but your newest post comes right after some of the rest of us agreed in the last post that your situation is ridiculous unless there was actual abuse. Then funnily enough, now there is abuse? Hmmmmm..... I smell a troll.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:07 AM

20,426 posts, read 35,801,309 times
Here we go again!

Since you have all this spare time on your hands - ranting about your situation (which worsens with every comment someone makes) - you have enough time to get a job and move out!

Old 05-29-2009, 07:10 AM

467 posts, read 845,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Here we go again!

Since you have all this spare time on your hands - ranting about your situation (which worsens with every comment someone makes) - you have enough time to get a job and move out!
They probably went thru all this 10-15 years ago and are just talking about it to get reactions. Or they are making it all up for the same thing.

The person is probably the total opposite of what is being described in the story. ie some middle aged guy who recently got laid off, and has too much time on his hands so he comes here to kill the time and get a laugh at people's responses.

Maybe not, but I wouldn't be suprised.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:37 AM

21,149 posts, read 22,152,810 times
Weren't you JUST mentioning that you were helping a friend fix up the basement so you could live there - that nirvana of no rules and no annoying people?? So move there and either bring your brother or call CPS. Can't imagine what the next post is going to be.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:16 PM

1,831 posts, read 3,738,421 times
I think Mom wants to leave. Really, really wants you to leave.

So, since you're an adult, you really, really need to leave. Seriously. I don't see any other way around it. This sounds like the "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" movie.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:10 PM

433 posts, read 1,540,470 times
Your mom has anger issues and you are the lucky one to get the brunt of it. If you are in college I think you should seriously think about trying to get student loans and go very far away. What about getting an apartment with a roommate. My sister went through one of those roommate finder websites and has a lot of luck. I don't know what else to tell you. She'll never change and things won't get easier for you. You don't deserve that and you will resent her in the long run. If you have to work full time during the day and go to school at night you should. Buy a clunker of a car that gets you to work and back home and live within your means even if that means buying only food, gas, rent and car insurance. Sleep on an air mattress if necessary.

Your mother is going to really hurt you mentally.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:21 PM

61 posts, read 152,482 times
How old is OP? Is OP old enough to get a job & move out??

This situation sounds pretty unpleasant...I must say!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting