U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 08:56 PM

8,401 posts, read 9,594,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
In the situation you described, absolutely not. (Full disclosure: I am 25 and have no children. I'm only speaking as if I did). I imagine that the swimsuit-clad young women will turn at least some of the men on, and at least some sexual encounters will ensue after the party. Plus, I wouldn't trust other people's parenting, especially today. I am a conservative Catholic; the beliefs on what adolescents should and should not be able to do of parents with more secularist, libertine mindsets clash with mine.

Even if I got confirmation that nothing would go on at the party from the parent, I would still not allow my daughter (or son) to attend. Adolescents are awfully sneaky, especially when they have a strong desire to do something - and I cannot think of any desire stronger than sex in an adolescent. Back when I was 16, I used to "chaperone" my younger brother's (then 13-14) parties in our garage. I would go out there once in a while and come back in, assuming, from the party's appearances, that nothing bad was happening and they were all having a good time. My bad. Just now, I learned that they would bring bottles of booze to the parties and hide them; and even that they started smoking pot at the parties! I really don't know how I didn't realize this, but it all went on under my nose.
Most parents realize this, you were young, if the parents are allowing this party that means they don't care, IMO. If you really don't know this as an adult then I'd say you are too stupid to have a co-ed b-party for your 18 year old girl. If you know and you just don't care than that is your right but I get sort of annoyed at the nativity from parents sometimes. And as you probably have guessed that would be a big NO from me if they were under my roof still. NO WAY! But, I don't want to raise my daughters baby yet so I think she better have a good job before she has good sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 01:45 AM

973 posts, read 1,809,032 times
My daughter slept over for a party as the only girl with a really close male friend. They are in 1st grade. Lol my son doesn't do sleepovers. He has his bestie at our home most Friday nights. Lol my girl is innocent. She did tell me the boy, who lives across the street from us, and I'm close with her momma, 'kissed me!' said as if it were weird and/or gross. Lol not that night, when they were 5. She also asked me 'what is a crush?'. I asked if the boy said he had a crush on her, and she said yes. I guess I just think of it as 'puppy love'. We shall see as they get older. My girl is the tallest in her class. Lol

Old 03-27-2012, 08:43 AM

424 posts, read 519,637 times
Parents allowing teenagers to get drunk, providing condoms to a high school co-ed sleepover, tolerating drugs, saying it's not like this is the first time for any of them . . .

I guess if parenting is too hard, the easiest thing is to just stop doing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or