U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 05:53 PM

9,776 posts, read 7,697,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
He is veeery young, maybe too young. Every child is different, and there really IS no certain way your son should be acting, he is who he is...maybe he just doesn't feel comfortable in crowds, I still don't, maybe he IS a loner type, though it'd be pretty hard to figure that when the little guys only 3...I agree with your thoughts when you say you shouldn't push it....give him some time to grow and maybe things will change..I wouldn't worry AT ALL that he's not wanting to socialize with other children, and that he likes his older brother around...he's just a baby really, and they can have fears and anxieties too.
Well, since this thread began back in 2009, this child isn't quite so young now! I'd love to have an update, if the OP is still around. Hope things worked out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 09:03 PM

24,479 posts, read 28,808,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacheleP View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm a new teacher and I have two children in my classroom who doesn't like taking part in classroom activities. Whenever a class activity is going on, they try to hide behind classmates so they don't get call upon. I have tried making the activities more fun, I have also tried placing the class into gender groups and still nothing. Can anyone give me insight of what I should try next?

Thanks in advance!
I have no ideas. How old are the kids?

Quote:
He is veeery young, maybe too young. Every child is different, and there really IS no certain way your son should be acting, he is who he is...maybe he just doesn't feel comfortable in crowds, I still don't, maybe he IS a loner type, though it'd be pretty hard to figure that when the little guys only 3...I agree with your thoughts when you say you shouldn't push it....give him some time to grow and maybe things will change..I wouldn't worry AT ALL that he's not wanting to socialize with other children, and that he likes his older brother around...he's just a baby really, and they can have fears and anxieties too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Well, since this thread began back in 2009, this child isn't quite so young now! I'd love to have an update, if the OP is still around. Hope things worked out.
How funny. I don't remember starting this thread. My son is 7 now and in the 1st grade. He plays football and basketball at recess, and plays on a soccer team. He interacts just fine with his teammates and with the neighborhood kids. He can be a bit of a quiet loaner, but compared to my older son, anyone is quiet!

Old 11-17-2012, 09:32 PM

7,288 posts, read 10,395,851 times
Your son is probably an introvert and maybe doesn't like those kids. I would make sure he has lots of downtime and would not force him to do anything. You will get a lot of pressure to try to turn him into an extravert, because that is what this culture prefers. But if you are a good mom you will take note of your child's true nature and do your best to honor it.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:34 PM

7,288 posts, read 10,395,851 times
Ooops. Didn't see your update.

And it's "loner," not loaner, unless he is some kind of loan shark or something.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:00 AM

32,538 posts, read 29,404,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
But if you are a good mom you will take note of your child's true nature and do your best to honor it.
I love this.

Good stuff. T-shirt quote material.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:28 PM

12,461 posts, read 14,612,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
I have no ideas. How old are the kids?

How funny. I don't remember starting this thread. My son is 7 now and in the 1st grade. He plays football and basketball at recess, and plays on a soccer team. He interacts just fine with his teammates and with the neighborhood kids. He can be a bit of a quiet loaner, but compared to my older son, anyone is quiet!
How cooool is that, sometimes "resurrecting" an old thread is worth it for the update...glad to hear your little guy is doing so well

Old 12-23-2012, 04:40 PM

24,479 posts, read 28,808,759 times
Quote:
How cooool is that, sometimes "resurrecting" an old thread is worth it for the update...glad to hear your little guy is doing so well
thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or