U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 08:27 AM

43,012 posts, read 89,000,336 times

Advertisements

True Story.

While we were on a tourist bus in Canada, my son swallowed one of his teeth.

He burst out crying because he wouldnt' have a tooth for the tooth fairy!

Half of the passengers on the bus rushed to give him money!

To this day, I don't know if they reacted out of kindness or if they simply wanted him shut up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 01:43 AM

4,271 posts, read 4,985,946 times
It's generally a dollar for my niece. However, with her first tooth she got two bucks. I guess my grandparents are the ones who left the money, so my sister had to figure out how to explain it away so she wouldn't have to give two bucks every time. That tooth was loose, and my niece pulled it out herself. That's why my sister told her she got two bucks instead of one.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:16 AM

2,605 posts, read 3,938,300 times
Too bad the Tooth Fairy doesn't come back around when we get old...

Old 03-20-2010, 11:43 AM

4,899 posts, read 16,253,473 times
i only got 25 cents and a pack of gum for each tooth---this was in the early 80's. also, my family is Italian, and my parents always told me if we didn't throw the tooth out, it wouldn't grow back. there was a rhyme we had to recite (in Italian) to ask St. Nick (no not Santa) to take the old tooth and bring a new one--LOL
i had some Hispanic friends whose parents had their teeth made into earrings.. some traditions are just gross!

Old 03-21-2010, 11:58 AM

2,096 posts, read 8,060,196 times
Tooth fairy is pretty darn generous in my house too!! Its 5.00 a tooth AND a special note w/a picture of a different tooth fairy each time on it. (theres so many tooth fairies to do all this work you know) Unfortunatly , we are in the middle of a remodel, and putting in new carpet. My youngest lost a tooth about 9.00pm the other night, and a tooth fairy assistant had to look for a long time to dig out the computer and printer from a back bedroom where it was buried so that the proper note/picture would be there by morning. Then of course, put it all away again before child awoke. Worst part about it. Was she lost another tooth right after bedtime the very next night!! ugh. lol
I tried to keep the teeth, but we moved several times and I lost the older kids teeth that I actually had saved, and then thought, WHY? I dont think theyre gonna want em when theyre older. My MIL saved my husbands, and gave them to me after we married. ".....uh.....thanks???...."
My little one knows that the tooth fairy takes her teeth and gives them to new babies. She's tried peering in a few wee mouths to see if theres anything that looks familiar . lol

Old 03-23-2010, 12:58 PM

15,231 posts, read 23,764,219 times
Ugh, Miss Fairy was cheap in our home as we do not believe in "her" and do not tell our children that she exists.

It was just something that neither one of us did....oh well.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:54 PM

403 posts, read 1,363,355 times
Our tooth fairly leaves whatever change she can find! :-) The tooth fairy takes the tooth to inspect it, then brings it back to mommy to keep. However, she does NOT pay for teeth with cavities!!

Old 03-25-2010, 09:45 AM

70 posts, read 226,925 times
My husband and I have half-jokingly talked about leaving a bill from the tooth fairy. $5 minus taxes, surcharges, travel expenses for the tooth fairy, disposal fee for the tooth remains, etc and then leave the remaining $2.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:56 AM

15,231 posts, read 23,764,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny1981 View Post
My husband and I have half-jokingly talked about leaving a bill from the tooth fairy. $5 minus taxes, surcharges, travel expenses for the tooth fairy, disposal fee for the tooth remains, etc and then leave the remaining $2.

your killin me !!!!!!!!!!
that was so funny.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:19 AM

706 posts, read 1,477,313 times
Our tooth fairy has done many of the things on this thread. I am not organized enough to label the teeth after collection, and both kids are combined. But not thrown away (why?)

Our tooth fairy is very forgetful. We have had to write notes on the windows (backwards, so she can see them) in washable marker. And when she forgets she writes apology notes, and the $$ goes up. She has forgotten more than one night in a row - she almost got fired last time. Her notes say things like - 'so sorry, rash of loose teeth in Tanzania, must do better or I will get fired!'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting