U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 07:54 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,778,544 times

Advertisements

I know a couple of kids with problems like this. And to each of them who was taking OTC drugs to cure it because the diet thing didn't work I gave them this advice and it worked and continues to work for each and every one of them:

WHEAT GERM OR FLAX SEED mixed into ANYTHING whether it be like stormy said some yogurt or even in a smoothy or in mashed potatoes or whatever you can think of!!!! It will definitely work, not to mention that there are more vitamins in wheat germ than there are in one individual fruit AND tons of vitamin E!!!

If it doesn't work I will send you a cash replacement for the jars that you buy I'm that confident in this stuff!!!!

Old 06-07-2009, 09:34 PM

758 posts, read 1,647,687 times
I'm also thinking that the nurse called to tell you about it personally because she didn't want your DD to come home and tell you "the nurse saw me naked" and leave you wondering what the heck is going on.

As for the constipation I have suffered with it my entire life and it seems that I have passed it on to one of my sons. The one thing that has helped us is either Fiber One granola bars or the Kellogs brand of fiber bars. The Kellogs brand tastes a little better than the other but they are both good. I have to remind my son not to eat more than one a day or he'll have the other problem!

Old 06-07-2009, 09:35 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,311,131 times
Just remember that adding fiber to the diet without enough water will only make you more constipated.
The first thing to do is to up her fluid intake.

Old 06-08-2009, 04:31 AM

1,820 posts, read 4,024,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Just remember that adding fiber to the diet without enough water will only make you more constipated.
The first thing to do is to up her fluid intake.
I wish that were the problem THAT is something we don't have to worry about... she does get enough fluid and the ONLY thing she will drink is water... I have tried to get her to drink other juices,etc.. if anything,for the variety (I think that some other vitamins & Minerals that some of those juices provide would help her as well) but she does not really like them. Both of my children always have to have milk with dinner,otherwise they would never drink it.
I do have her drink plum juice at breakfast now,which she tolerates.

She also HATES cheese! can you believe a child who doesn't like cheese?
She may eat a fork full of mac & cheese once in awhile,but she would never just sit and eat one of those stringcheese or anything like that...

Old 02-26-2010, 11:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,329 times
Default Could she have Celiac?

I was wondering if you have had her checked for Celiac Disease? One of the symptoms are chronic constipation or the opposite (loose stool). Just an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMD67 View Post
Thanks Yes,we are concerned about the fact that it isn't practical.
I truly do believe that part of the problem is with my daughter's diet.. She is extremely picky and will very rarely eat anything GREEN! hence,a lack of fiber!
I have been able to to start buying those fiber enriched items they sell,but don't want her to have to much of it either. We only eat wheat bread here for sandwiches but she is a carbs girl,that is for sure!
Pasta,rice... she does eat fruit pretty well and drinks a ton of water!
I have though started having her drink plum juice in the am with her breakfast (she will not drink oj or apple juice) and that seems to be helping somewhat.

As for school... she will hopefully grow out of this ,thank goodness only a few more days of school here and hopefully the Summer months will change things!

Thanks to everyone for their responses so far...!

Old 02-28-2012, 07:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,027 times
Default my child needs help

help me anyone my child uses the bathroom in his pants morning noon and nite and its not pee if any one knows why help me i have tryed it all he is twelve on honor roll no mintel issues

Old 02-28-2012, 08:05 AM

24,841 posts, read 30,380,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymeme View Post
help me anyone my child uses the bathroom in his pants morning noon and nite and its not pee if any one knows why help me i have tryed it all he is twelve on honor roll no mintel issues
You might want to start a new thread. People will see this old one and answer the OP, and not you.

You need to take him to a doctor.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:08 AM

35,108 posts, read 40,816,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMD67 View Post
This situation is somewhat personal,but it is becoming concerning now after a recent phone call from my daughter's school...
I am looking for similar ,sincere stories and hope that others will be able to keep their parenting critques to a minmal here. Thanks!

My oldest has always had a very difficult time when moving her bowels. It isn't that she doesn't go,it is that it is very difficult for her to go. We have spoken to her pediatrician several times and have had a few tests done and there isn't really a medical issue. They suggested some over the counter medicine that seems to have slowly helped things...
The problem is that ever since we can remember (since she has been potty trained), she for some reason,likes to take her clothes off when moving her bowels. She says that she is uncomfortable. (sometimes I can understand as she is in the bathroom for a very long time).
I really have not thought about it much at home ,but had a situation this past week where for the very first time,she had to use the bathroom at school.
We have always told her that IF she needs to move her bowels at school,to please ask the nurse if she can use the bathroom in her office. (I Have also spoken to the nurse about this so she was aware)..
She did this the other day and apparently took all of her clothes off in that bathroom. Now,it was a private bathroom and she didn't ask for any assistance from the nurse for anything,but the nurse checked in on her once and was alarmed that she had nothing on. (as I guess I would be too!)
The nurse contacted me at home and I was somewhat made to feel that she felt this was inappropriate and that they were concerned about this behavior...

I was wondering if anyone else's child(ren) do this? I have talked to a few people who do have children who went through a stage like this or know someone else who has,etc...
I have talked to my daughter again about it and she does understand,but at the same time,I don't want her to be discouraged now from using the bathroom if she really needs to at school...

I would appreciate any similar stories or suggestions...
My oldest son did the same thing when he was first potty trained except for his cowboy boots, they had to remain on his feet but within about 6 months quit doing that. I would offer advice as to how to curtail this but I have nothing to offer. My son decided on his own to quit undressing completely at those times.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:43 AM

14,210 posts, read 10,221,210 times
I mean to be honest what right does anyone have to just barge into the bathroom? I personally would be calling the school and complaining over that. My little sister has issues with modesty as well, and the best thing i can say is just do what the parents here are saying.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:44 AM

14,210 posts, read 10,221,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymeme View Post
How old is your child?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or