U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:19 PM

7,245 posts, read 2,614,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMD67 View Post
This situation is somewhat personal,but it is becoming concerning now after a recent phone call from my daughter's school...
I am looking for similar ,sincere stories and hope that others will be able to keep their parenting critques to a minmal here. Thanks!

My oldest has always had a very difficult time when moving her bowels. It isn't that she doesn't go,it is that it is very difficult for her to go. We have spoken to her pediatrician several times and have had a few tests done and there isn't really a medical issue. They suggested some over the counter medicine that seems to have slowly helped things...
The problem is that ever since we can remember (since she has been potty trained), she for some reason,likes to take her clothes off when moving her bowels. She says that she is uncomfortable. (sometimes I can understand as she is in the bathroom for a very long time).
I really have not thought about it much at home ,but had a situation this past week where for the very first time,she had to use the bathroom at school.
We have always told her that IF she needs to move her bowels at school,to please ask the nurse if she can use the bathroom in her office. (I Have also spoken to the nurse about this so she was aware)..
She did this the other day and apparently took all of her clothes off in that bathroom. Now,it was a private bathroom and she didn't ask for any assistance from the nurse for anything,but the nurse checked in on her once and was alarmed that she had nothing on. (as I guess I would be too!)
The nurse contacted me at home and I was somewhat made to feel that she felt this was inappropriate and that they were concerned about this behavior...

I was wondering if anyone else's child(ren) do this? I have talked to a few people who do have children who went through a stage like this or know someone else who has,etc...
I have talked to my daughter again about it and she does understand,but at the same time,I don't want her to be discouraged now from using the bathroom if she really needs to at school...

I would appreciate any similar stories or suggestions...

You know what I think is innapropriate? The nurse peeking in on your daughter without regard for privacy. Seems like it should've sufficed to say "Everything OK in there?" If it seemed like your daughter was taking too long.

I have a friend at work who takes all her clothes off to use the bathroom. She tries not to 'go' at work at all. So she goes home, takes all her clothes off, and immediately after, takes a shower.

I have no idea how common this is, but at least know your daughter is not alone.

Old Yesterday, 09:35 PM

282 posts, read 61,343 times
Just curious how old your daughter is?

Old Today, 05:56 PM

16,199 posts, read 18,131,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
Just curious how old your daughter is?
The original post is from January of 2009, so the child is 10 years older than she was at the time of the post.

Old Today, 08:26 PM

13,591 posts, read 21,839,389 times
Very old thread that is about an issue with a child who is an adult by now
Thread is closed for that reason
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or