Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 10:10 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,217,767 times

Advertisements

The OP started this thread 1 1/2 yrs ago. Surely, he doens't need our advice anymore. It either worked or didn't. I wish people would check the dates of threads before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germainA340 View Post
I'm 24 and my gf is 23 (almost 24 too). I could say that I'm in the same situation. I met my girlfriend two month ago and she told me she has a 5 year daughter, I did not care since I'm in love with her and I thought I could handle it. well I haven't move with her yet and I really love her more than before but now It hurts knowing that the girl is from somebody who literally doesn't put any money or time for the girl. I have seen many people fail been together because of this situtations, and they finish spliting up. I really love her and she loves me back too, but I don't know if I should continue with this, raising somebody else child that will never be mine. please help me. hope you can understand
Mabye you should start your own thread so more will see it. If you don't think you can handle raising another man's child, get out now. I'm sick and tired of seeing these young moms put their needs before their own child. You read it all the time in the paper how some mom's bf molests the child. I'm not saying this is your case by any means, just how can anyone know eachother in only 2 mths? You might be the best guy in the world for her daughter. You also could be Jack the Ripper. How the heck does this gf know that? Maybe your own thread will get you more advice.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:28 AM

15,853 posts, read 35,047,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
The OP started this thread 1 1/2 yrs ago. Surely, he doens't need our advice anymore. It either worked or didn't. I wish people would check the dates of threads before posting.
I'd be interested in knowing if they are even still together.... lol

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-28-2010, 01:18 PM

22,341 posts, read 47,322,635 times
Quote:

Seriously.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:09 PM

4 posts, read 8,195 times
Quote:

Mabye you should start your own thread so more will see it. If you don't think you can handle raising another man's child, get out now. I'm sick and tired of seeing these young moms put their needs before their own child. You read it all the time in the paper how some mom's bf molests the child. I'm not saying this is your case by any means, just how can anyone know eachother in only 2 mths? You might be the best guy in the world for her daughter. You also could be Jack the Ripper. How the heck does this gf know that? Maybe your own thread will get you more advice.
thank you for your advice and everyone else. I will start my own thread

Old 11-28-2010, 02:26 PM

4 posts, read 8,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
So because the child is someone elses you can't be serious with your gf?
I really love her and I been serious with her, and I don't want to loose her neither does she. but her daughter thinks they gonna move together one and that's not going to happen, my gf has told me that. and she is afraid her daughter could get on the way between the two of us, she doesn't know how she is gonna react whe she sees me with her because I will meet her in about two weeks and she has told her daughter that a friend is coming for a visit in about two weeks. and I don't know if is such a good idea. I don't know if is to early or not.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:54 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,203,821 times
I met my husband as a single mother and moved in with him *very* quickly. That was over five years ago. We have another child together and are in the adoption process for my husband to adopt our older son.

I am not a lousy mother and my husband isn't a stupid man. The leaps and judgments some of you make! @@

Old 11-28-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:

When should a mother put her own needs before her child? When is it ok for a mother to date and get serious with someone?

And I can give you a million stories about bio parents molesting, abusing and raping their own children.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Seriously.

Thanks for bumping for me!

Old 11-28-2010, 03:24 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,524,996 times
Quote:
If you don't think you can handle raising another man's child, get out now. I'm sick and tired of seeing these young moms put their needs before their own child. You read it all the time in the paper how some mom's bf molests the child. I'm not saying this is your case by any means, just how can anyone know eachother in only 2 mths? You might be the best guy in the world for her daughter. You also could be Jack the Ripper. How the heck does this gf know that? Maybe your own thread will get you more advice.

I seriously doubt the kind of person who would post here asking for advice wants to harm this child. I think it speaks volumes that they are thinking about the short and long-term implications, and taking it very seriously. Perhaps the mother is looking out for the child's best interests by bringing a good guy into their lives? Just a different perspective.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:25 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,868,665 times
With respects to the past and current posters...time and date makes NO difference.

Those things happen all the time and the needs will always be the same regardless of the date/time period in question.

We need a todays time frame post and past experience to consider.

I'm the past experience.

Back in 1953 while in College I met my future wife (non student) who had a girl 4 and a boy 2.

We dated and she was a wonderful women and after graduation we got married. It did take a while for us to blend together as a possible family before taking the big step, So, it can be done.

Together we had 5 more children and were married for 19 yrs before Cancer took her away.

One of our kids is a Grandfather and another also to be one.

Would I do the same thing again? probably so, as good compatible women are hard to find.

Steve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.