Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 03:15 PM

283 posts, read 932,575 times

Advertisements

Will a parent please help me understand what is it like to not be able to have a relationship with your child because the ex took him far away and you had no say in the situation? This comes up at fathers day, my bf gets depressed, help me understand. thank-you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 03:22 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,502,768 times
Depends 100% on the 'dad'. Some care, some don't and some are in-between.

That was easy.

Next question.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:22 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,608,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msboom View Post
Will a parent please help me understand what is it like to not be able to have a relationship with your child because the ex took him far away and you had no say in the situation? This comes up at fathers day, my bf gets depressed, help me understand. thank-you.
I don`t understand why the child was taken so far away from you in the first place? And you had "no say in the situation?"

Now, if I understood you right, your BF gets depressed?
You cannot call your own child, or send him a letter...letting him know that you both are thinking of him......not just for Fathers Day.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:29 PM

he had no say, no $ to hire a lawyer to stop her. she just took the kid. Im guessing he could get a message to the kid , but he wants a full relationship so he gets frustrated. I suspect he has feelings for the ex, too , which makes it all the more complicated.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
he had no say, no $ to hire a lawyer to stop her. she just took the kid. Im guessing he could get a message to the kid , but he wants a full relationship so he gets frustrated. I suspect he has feelings for the ex, too , which makes it all the more complicated.
Hmmmm....This he and she has it all twisted. I`m confused.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Hmmmm....This he and she has it all twisted. I`m confused.
not sure what is confusing, I think in original post I called the child a he, it is a she, the mother is , of course a she as well and my bf is a he.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
not sure what is confusing, I think in original post I called the child a he, it is a she, the mother is , of course a she as well and my bf is a he.
Ok....so, are you a He or she? lol.....

Old 06-19-2009, 05:02 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,868,665 times
Tis not complicated...OP has a boyfriend that had a child with an EX who has taken said child away so that the father has no relationship with said child and is unhappy.

Whats not hard to understand?

Old 06-19-2009, 05:05 PM

111 posts, read 315,841 times
First time i actually laugh out loud reading all the post LOLOLOL

Old 06-19-2009, 05:20 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,691,675 times
OK, to help OP understand, which...I'd think wouldn't really be that difficult...

Some folks can disconnect...it may not affect them at all. Some will ache but carry on by burying it. Some feel like an arm has been cut off and they carry a phantom pain which never leaves them.

When there has been a healthy, loving connection and it becomes severed, it is removing part of someone's life. VOID. It's not like the agony of a typical relationship ending...think of anyone that means EVERYTHING to you (parent, sibling), that has for a very long time and on the most intimate, would die for level, and then imagine them being taken from you by artificial means, so that you no longer have them. The relationship may not be all that, but you get the idea.

That's as best I can do right now...time to make the donuts.

I'm glad that you are concerned for your boyfriend. Tell him. Show him. He will appreciate the support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting