Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 04:01 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,075,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
Same here. We got about 5 months use out of ours for each kid. I would still have purchased it for the convenience.
me too. Used it 6 months with one and 4 months with the other. Still glad I had it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 04:03 PM

8,307 posts, read 38,701,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
Same here. We got about 5 months use out of ours for each kid. I would still have purchased it for the convenience.
Just in case I sounded like I was poo-pooing the infant seat, it is convenient and I wouldn't have done anything differently. At least we'll have all of our equipment lined up for #2.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:10 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,239,753 times
...plus that handle makes for a good roll bar.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:25 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,880,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
...plus that handle makes for a good roll bar.
Ah you laugh, but I was walking out of a store with the seat snapped into one of those stroller frames specifically only for snapping the car seat into. One of my other kids was hanging on to the stroller and when I took my hands off of the handle to grab a paper, he put his weight on the side and the whole thing tipped over sideways.

The baby was strapped in as was the seat, so he went nowhere but sideways and down, still secure in the seat. Phew.

About 3-4 people witnessed the incident, and 4-5 more people walked by as I righted the stroller and comforted the scared, but unhurt, baby. Not a single person stopped to help, which is funny b/c a couple of yrs before, we were in the mall and the stroller was empty but laden with winter coats on the handles. It tipped backwards and some teenage/young adult male came running over to grab it before it hit the ground b/c he thought there was a baby in it.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:00 PM

3,457 posts, read 10,234,952 times
My sister is a car seat tech and highly recommends the Graco Snugride for an infant seat. We have one and love it. As others have mentioned you don't have to wake the baby up to move him/her, etc.
For a convertable, sis highly recommends Britax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting