U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-01-2009, 08:56 PM

16,843 posts, read 11,562,514 times
I agree and I personally would most likely say something. But we live in a neighborhood where we've lived for years and know most of our neighbors pretty well. I would definitely want to know if it were my house and my daughter but there are parents who don't. Plus, it's not quite clear from the OP what she saw, which is why I'd be pretty careful in how I worded it. Things can look one way but turn out to be something different all together.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 09:30 PM

2,214 posts, read 3,706,352 times
I would tell her, but as others have said, be careful how and when you tell her, unless you know her really well.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:47 PM

1,848 posts, read 2,958,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzySWW View Post
I feel bad that you're in this position. How about sending an anonymous note to her Mom?

Thought about that too, we are in a neighborhood. A street lined with homes, she would not know it was us.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:45 PM

3,553 posts, read 9,102,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
Our neighbor is on summer break and will be a SR. in HS in the Fall.

Mom was out of town for a few days, on one of those evenings about 20 kids parked far down the street and all walked up to her home. There was a keg...

Anyway, we called the non-emergence police number but the kids all left before the police came . Perhaps they were dropping off the keg for the next evening or perhaps they were kicked out of another party.

Do I mention to our neighbor that this happened?
Perhaps you could remark on how quiet the party at her house was and how well behaved everyone was, given the size of the party, and that they even brought a large barrel for clean-up.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:46 PM

16,843 posts, read 11,562,514 times
LOL! Perfect!

Old 07-02-2009, 05:20 AM

467 posts, read 588,381 times
People nowadays are wierd, esp about their own kids. I'd mind my own business until it directly involved me and my property and family, then I'd have a right to say something.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:26 AM

1,915 posts, read 2,707,159 times
Anonymous note to the parents...I wouldn't want teens to know I told...they can be very revengeful.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:32 AM

467 posts, read 588,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
Anonymous note to the parents...I wouldn't want teens to know I told...they can be very revengeful.
Not a bad idea, just make sure you know the teens have no clue you saw them and be ready to drop the note off in the middle of the night since thats really the only time no one will see you (most likely) with everyone being asleep and the cover of darkness hiding you for the most part.

Also make sure the teen doesn't find the note first, otherwise that makes it a fruitless quest. Good luck.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:33 AM

768 posts, read 1,625,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMom2 View Post
People nowadays are wierd, esp about their own kids. I'd mind my own business until it directly involved me and my property and family, then I'd have a right to say something.
How directly does it have to be? Run into your mailbox - run over your dog - run a stop light and kill someone? What is your threshold for "your own business"?

Puhleez - let's all stop worrying about being the popular fun neighbor parent and be known as the "not on my watch"

Old 07-02-2009, 05:34 AM

1,915 posts, read 2,707,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMom2 View Post
Not a bad idea, just make sure you know the teens have no clue you saw them and be ready to drop the note off in the middle of the night since thats really the only time no one will see you (most likely) with everyone being asleep and the cover of darkness hiding you for the most part.

Also make sure the teen doesn't find the note first, otherwise that makes it a fruitless quest. Good luck.

Yeah...I'd mail it with a phony return address...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting