U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 09:44 PM

3,570 posts, read 7,776,403 times

Advertisements

Okay, I have to share this. It's too close to home! I just shared in another forum that we went away this past weekend. Five hour drive down to the Wisconsin Dells to a hotel that has a massive waterpark. Okay, the entire way down my daughter is throwing up! Yes, I kid you not, the girl is heaving into the bucket. I felt sooo bad! We thought it was just nerves...nope! Tummy flu.

And yes, there is more. On the way back tonight, my four year old son takes the reins and throws up all the way home! I feel so bad for both of them. When they weren't feeling icky, they did have fun on the waterslides. Think we may stay home next weekend though! And I'm gonna go get my van detailed now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2007, 12:57 AM

2,800 posts, read 9,100,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
Okay, I have to share this. It's too close to home! I just shared in another forum that we went away this past weekend. Five hour drive down to the Wisconsin Dells to a hotel that has a massive waterpark. Okay, the entire way down my daughter is throwing up! Yes, I kid you not, the girl is heaving into the bucket. I felt sooo bad! We thought it was just nerves...nope! Tummy flu.

And yes, there is more. On the way back tonight, my four year old son takes the reins and throws up all the way home! I feel so bad for both of them. When they weren't feeling icky, they did have fun on the waterslides. Think we may stay home next weekend though! And I'm gonna go get my van detailed now.
Watch out Hoosier! You may be next heaving all the way to the car wash!
I'll post some of my kid's follies later when I have more time! Great posts...keep the stories coming

Old 04-23-2007, 06:37 AM

1,508 posts, read 5,383,399 times
Default The Plauge

I remember holding my own head and yelling "Noooooooooo" when the first kid puked. I alread knew that the dreaded Stomach Virus would sweep through my home like the Black Plauge touching everyone in it's path.

{mommy holding head screaming NOOOOOOOOOOO }

My heart goes out to you & your van. That smell just lingers plus if you've used a car seat it seeps into those nooks & crannies like no ones business.

Yeeessshhhh !!!!

Old 04-23-2007, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
I remember holding my own head and yelling "Noooooooooo" when the first kid puked. I alread knew that the dreaded Stomach Virus would sweep through my home like the Black Plauge touching everyone in it's path.

My heart goes out to you & your van. That smell just lingers plus if you've used a car seat it seeps into those nooks & crannies like no ones business.

Yeeessshhhh !!!!
Yes, you are right. Fortunately our van has integrated car seats so no taking seats in and out. Oh what a blessing!! They are all at home today...my wife has it really bad right now. My son was throwing up most of the night. I was doing laundry at 2 a.m....all the blankets got covered with barf. You can't get mad at them...it's just so sad!!

I will say all in all we did have a blast! I just posted some details of the trip (happy ones) in the "Will you miss me" thread in OT.

Who knows, I may be heading home to care for the family! Depends on the generosity of my boss...since I've only been at this job since the beginning of January. We'll see!!

Old 04-26-2007, 06:27 PM

1,372 posts, read 4,755,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post

Yeeessshhhh !!!!
oh no folks I have the topper

I have always drove my truck nice ford ranger and eddie bauer expedition then my sport track never any incidents

earlier this year I became a real estate agent and i thought that maybe the truck wasnt such a good idea
sooooooo.....
I found a great deal $14500 on a sweet red Jaguar
I had it for 3 days and my 7 year old barfed all over the leather
needless to say I cried

Old 04-26-2007, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dncngrl1964 View Post

I have always drove my truck nice ford ranger and eddie bauer expedition then my sport track never any incidents

earlier this year I became a real estate agent and i thought that maybe the truck wasnt such a good idea
sooooooo.....
needless to say I cried
Just remind yourself "you're not allowed to have nice things!" Or you can look at it like, 'well at least it's broken in now...so when the kids eat in the car, cold french fries under the seat won't bother you as much.'

I'd love to blame my kids for the stains in my van, but I spilled an extra large strawberry milkshake on the dark blue carpet. I didn't notice it of course 'til it was everywhere. And I was on the interstate...so what can you do except drive and be frustrated.

Old 04-27-2007, 02:09 AM

3,684 posts, read 10,840,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dncngrl1964 View Post

sooooooo.....
needless to say I cried
OMG! I'm crying for you...I love Jaguars!

Old 04-27-2007, 02:12 AM

3,684 posts, read 10,840,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
Just remind yourself "you're not allowed to have nice things!" Or you can look at it like, 'well at least it's broken in now...so when the kids eat in the car, cold french fries under the seat won't bother you as much.'

I'd love to blame my kids for the stains in my van, but I spilled an extra large strawberry milkshake on the dark blue carpet. I didn't notice it of course 'til it was everywhere. And I was on the interstate...so what can you do except drive and be frustrated.
I have found the combination of dark interior and a good steam cleaner can make my car look like new. I only let the kids drink water in the car, because we had a really horrible milk episode...you know where they spill it, don't tell you then in a few days the whole car smells sour and you don't know why...*sigh* But I've spilt my fair share of coffee in the car and it always comes out great with the steam cleaner...it works on dog puke and other doggy stuff as well...eeewww. Believe me french fries are the least of my problems...LOL

Old 04-27-2007, 05:50 AM

1,372 posts, read 4,755,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
OMG! I'm crying for you...I love Jaguars!
oh did I fail to mention it was red koolaid puke an a tan leather interior

Old 04-27-2007, 05:54 AM

17,698 posts, read 34,856,102 times
My first two children were born 18 months apart. When I was 5 months pregnant with my second child, I quit my job teaching law school to be a stay at home mom. The first month of being a SAHM was hellacious ... then when my second was born ... ugh! The one memory I have is of my first one crying like a banshee because she lost her favorite binkey (nevermind that she had at least 20 others ... she had to have the "we-wo" one and it was nowhere to be found.) And in another room, my second one was bellowing like a freight train for god knows what reason, in her baby swing. I couldn't make anyone happy, so I checked myself into our powder room, locked the door, sat on the can (with the lid closed), put my head in my hands and repeated over and over again "I am an educated woman, I am an educated woman, I taught law school, I taught law school, I worked for 2 huge law firms, I used to be smart". Turns out my second one was sitting on the "we-wo" binkey ...

And I will also concur with boys whizzing ... man, those things pack a punch! I never laughed so hard in my life. I remember after the first time he nailed the wall by whizzing over his head, I learned to change those diapers really really fast! Plus, using a cloth diaper to cover up that "thing" helped too. I considered a welding mask, but thought it would be a tad scary for my little guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or